The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Falling Down is not an Instruction Manual

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
You know seeing this event in Las Vegas is tragic but it is explainable by our means. Granted I don't mean to sound pretentious or be presumptuous, these events often have multiple parts in them.

1984 is not an instruction manual - Every edgy college kid

Falling Down is not as Instruction Manual. Falling down is the sad delusion of the slowlaner who gets pushed on his butt to the sidewalk. He's bitter, he's angry, and the world has wronged him! What a sad, entitled, delusional belief shared by an alarming amount of slowlaners. Muh retirement! Muh job! If I lose my thing that makes me horribly tired and miserable every day, then I'm going to go postal. Huh? Does this make sense? Bueller?

Falling Down is a movie you shouldn't take too seriously. It's funny. But delusional at the same time. But the deranged entitlement of the slowlaner seeps in. I am entitled to breakfast at fast food restaurants after breakfast time. I am entitled to cheap goods at the convenient store. I am entitled to not have construction on roads that may not need it. I am entitled to private golf courses and should be able to dictate who can and can't use them and for what purpose. I am entitled to have good traffic and not get stuck. Me, me, me, me, me. I'm entitled! I deserve! This is unfair!

Media, parents, corporations, schooling, and everywhere else does nothing to stop this watershed of foul beliefs. They engender the values of school and work for 50 years to your detriment. This cognitive dissonance between being told how to be successful and how to actually be successful is immense. It is creating in the lower term, anxiety, depression, and for some, suicide and even murder.

The other things, like the widening gap between things like job expectations and job reality is as wide as the Grand Canyon, are only the tip of the iceberg. Instead of teaching people how to have realistic expectations and the tools to become successful, it gets implanted from a very early age that if you don't have something, it's because someone is not giving it to you. Or worse, someone is stealing it from you! People need to grow up from these sad delusions and smash through them.

I'm sure as more information comes out. We will find out that Stephen Paddock was the same way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.