The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Decision making books

A post of a ranting nature...

Godswill

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 9, 2020
Nigeria
Am not really a fan of reading but I need help in picking the best books on how to make good decisions that will change my life... please I need suggestions

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benjaminjhs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 13, 2018
Norway
Watch this:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKu-xAJqYs

I have learned alot from this alone. The best decisions you can make are the ones that you actually commit to and see through.

If you don’t like to read then there is plenty of practical information on decision making on Youtube alone.
But I will add that for a person struggling to make decisions(if thats you) then knowing MORE facts on decisionmaking won’t necesarilly help you, might aswell make you overthink more. At least you should then add a theory of limited time to make a decision to ensure you don’t get stuck in «Paralysis of Analysis»

Godswill

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 9, 2020
Nigeria
Watch this:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKu-xAJqYs

I have learned alot from this alone. The best decisions you can make are the ones that you actually commit to and see through.

If you don’t like to read then there is plenty of practical information on decision making on Youtube alone.
But I will add that for a person struggling to make decisions(if thats you) then knowing MORE facts on decisionmaking won’t necesarilly help you, might aswell make you overthink more. At least you should then add a theory of limited time to make a decision to ensure you don’t get stuck in «Paralysis of Analysis»
Thanks alot

mve0991

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 5, 2020
The Netherlands
Change your life in what way? A book that personally helped me a lot is The Power of Now from Eckhart Tolle. This is the official short description of the book:

"The book is intended to be a guide for day-to-day living and stresses the importance of living in the present moment and transcending thoughts of the past or future."

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
If you have problem deciding how will you decide on which book to read?

One of my friends had very simple solution - he threw a coin.
Real story.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
If you have problem deciding how will you decide on which book to read?

One of my friends had very simple solution - he threw a coin.
Real story.

Disclaimer:
Please use this responsibly.
The author doesn't take any responsibility for any consequences that might come out of this.
This should not substitute any legal or medical advice.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Have you read TMF ?

There's two techniques in there, WCCA & WADM P166-

"Changing your life starts with changing choices. The Fastlane vehicle to wealth is driven on choice, not asphalt. You start making better choices using two strategies dependant on the decision's gravity.

1) Worse Case Consequence Analysis (WCCA)
2) Weighted Average Decision Matrix (WADM)

WCCA is designed to steer you away from perilous detours and treasonous choices. Conversely, WADM is designed to help you make better big decisions with multiple contingencies. This dual -pronged attack works on the choice extremes: a prevention of disastrous choices and a facilitator of good choices."

I guess you haven't read TMF otherwise you wouldn't be asking.
Get TMF, it's more than just help with decision making.

Get the audiobook if you don't like reading

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

Ahhh, one of my favorite topic!

Ray Dalio - principles: start with this one, it is about decision-making.

TMF (or was it unscripted now, i don't remember) obviously, MJ explained how he made decisions. You can weight your decisions with maths, or take a more qualitative approach and write them and see how you feel. Also, understanding what you want TAKES TIME, sometimes weeks, and in retrospects, usually "make sense". Make decisions in a state of fulfillment (you have eaten enough, slept enough, not drunk or high or anything).

Zero to one from peter thiel. It is not so much on how to make decisions, but what you should focus on when you make decisions (hint: it is long-term value).

Thinking fast and slow: so you get to understand yourself

The obstacle is the way (Ryan Holiday): so you see how you should always make the hardest decision.

Now, if you read too much about how others make decisions, you wont become independent in your decision-making. Follow dalio's advice and MAKE YOUR OWN PRINCIPLES for decision-making, regardless of what your friends, parents, siblings and society think (and it is hard, really really really hard). Also, decision-making gets easier with practice.

Best of luck!

Monfi

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Am not really a fan of reading but I need help in picking the best books on how to make good decisions that will change my life... please I need suggestions
Have you read The Millionaire Fastlane ?

It changed my life completely. Try it out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.