The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Contractors vs Average Joes: Which would you hire?

Contractors vs Average Joes

• Contractor (Car Detailers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average Joe

• Both

• Total voters

DeeBui

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 20, 2017
Australia
Hi everyone,

So I am in the process of building my on-demand platform that connects consumers with car wash professionals i.e. bringing the car wash directly to the consumer. Just so you know, I plan to offer car wash services only, as opposed to the car detailing side (which requires a greater deal of skill to perform). I'd prefer to keep it simple, aimed towards your regular 9-5 employee who values their time and would simply want 'just a wash', inside-outside wash etc. So the skillset required doesnt need a 'professional car detailing background', but rather simply anyone who can wash a car.

Should I be selecting professional detailers (contractors) or just your average joe who can wash the car or both? I just about to create my landing page to measure expressions of interest and deciding who I should be aiming my campaign towards, in terms of recruiting cleaners - the PRO's or the Average Joes

Contractors:
Pros: equipped, insured, skilled and have product knowledge,
cons: harder to recruit and upscale in comparison to finding average joes who'd like to join as a cleaner, difficult to brand (if they have their own detailing business with their own uniform and branded van etc) it may be hard to get them to wear our uniform, also may be difficult to promote my business over theirs (even though we'd offer a better pay rate than their existing detailing business along with other benefits).

Average joe:
Pros: easier to scale with increasing demand since 'car detailing background' is not fully relevant but preferential, easier to brand them with our uniform, they'd be more reliant on our platform and would be within their best interest to represent us favourably.
Cons: not equipped, uninsured, not as skillful as a professional detailer.
With these given cons though, start up costs to get them started is very low and same applies to insurance (very cheap) + the job is not exactly difficult, so training is fairly easy to provide.

Happy to hear all sides, negative criticism more than welcome!

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.