The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Completely Finished Reading The Millionaire Fastlane!

Anything related to matters of the mind

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hi All,

I hope you're doing well! Yesterday, I completely finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. Definitely, an amazing book, turned my world upside down. I felt like I was sitting in a coffee shop with a millionaire giving me genuine life advice. I have even recommended it to my family.

I even loved the part where MJ talks about how you should stop doing what you "love" in terms of a career. I have always been in the Information Technology field. Computers use to be my thing, something I loved doing in my early 20s. But it has now become something that I hate due to working in the IT Field. With the help of the book, I will be changing how I generate income on a monthly basis.

Also, this is not necessarily a big deal, but ever since I read the book and speak to my family. The concepts I have learned from the book, I try to speak to them about they don't completely understand it. For example, I have a half-sister who Is thinking about building up credit to buy a house in her name and car for example. Now I built up credit for this exact reason, but with the knowledge that I have equipped thanks to MJ's book. I see how you can purchase a car and house without credit. But in this case, we are playing the long-term game, which I am completely okay with. Buying it in cash instead of credit. So I am accumulating this feeling like I am the outsider of my family who genuinely wants to help people what I've learned, but when I tell them what I learned. I just get brushed off.

I am not really sure where I stand on credit, but being a user who has used it and mismanage it. I try to help people stay away from it. You are building someone else's backyard instead of your own. I no longer use credit because of this reason.

So I just wanted to create a post to MJ and to thank him for writing this book and giving me the knowledge to better equip myself and to better for my future. I see the world differently than how I use to.

The next book will be Unscripted : Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Cool, congrats. There is actually a thread “I’ve read MFL” already
… might want to move this note there.
Read up on the forum, enjoy the company and tell us more about yourself.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Will do!

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Is there anyway to delete this thread lol?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I even loved the part where MJ talks about how you should stop doing what you "love" in terms of a career. I have always been in the Information Technology field. Computers use to be my thing, something I loved doing in my early 20s. But it has now become something that I hate due to working in the IT Field. With the help of the book, I will be changing how I generate income on a monthly basis.

I wouldn't give up on your domain experience in IT. It can open up a lot of doors, passion or not.

Glad you enjoyed the book. I think Unscripted (Books 1 and 2) are better books. Of course, I'm biased and 10 years older. ;)

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks, MJ! I know Unscripted : Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship is the first book, but what's the second?

I hope you do a meetup one day! I would love to meet you one day.

For my IT domain experience, I will necessarily give it up. I am just burned out working in the field for someone else. I mean I could create a SaaS that solves a problem. But with where I am at current in my career, my skills are rusty and I wouldn't even know where to begin to find problems within the industry.

I have found in the past that others wanted me to help teach them about IT. Possible opportunity? Haha

EDIT: I will not give up my IT experience. But reading a little bit of Unscripted , I think I know how I can use my It experience for the better!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.