The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

checking the commandments

Hiimmj15

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 5, 2020
Tennessee
Hello,

So I wanted to start by saying I tried searching for this question and did not find anything regarding it. If i have made a newbie mistake and clearly missed it let me know and ill move it elsewhere :smile2:

So i was going to submit an idea for an Invention on 'Invention Home' (random website i found when searching google). I was looking through all the Fastlane commandments to make sure it'd follow along and was a little concerned about Entry. It seems to be a good idea to be an inventor, you submit an idea to a company, they like it and bam, your getting royalties right? (Based on my very limited knowledge on the subject) So that was the problem, it seemed too easy, bringing me to question the 'Entry' part.
HOWEVER, the website is asking for a fee of about 600 dollars to submit this idea. So i now have two questions.
1- Is that typical? Being new to 'submitting ideas of inventions' i am wondering if I'm being scammed OR
2- is this normal, and the fee is infact part of the 'Entry' Barrier?

Thank you for your time!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Hello,

So I wanted to start by saying I tried searching for this question and did not find anything regarding it. If i have made a newbie mistake and clearly missed it let me know and ill move it elsewhere :smile2:

So i was going to submit an idea for an Invention on 'Invention Home' (random website i found when searching google). I was looking through all the Fastlane commandments to make sure it'd follow along and was a little concerned about Entry. It seems to be a good idea to be an inventor, you submit an idea to a company, they like it and bam, your getting royalties right? (Based on my very limited knowledge on the subject) So that was the problem, it seemed too easy, bringing me to question the 'Entry' part.
HOWEVER, the website is asking for a fee of about 600 dollars to submit this idea. So i now have two questions.
1- Is that typical? Being new to 'submitting ideas of inventions' i am wondering if I'm being scammed OR

Thank you for your time!
Avoid this company as if it has C0VlD-19. These companies will just keep asking for more money.

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. It's never going to be as simple as just submitting your idea and collecting royalties.

If you want to license your invention read the book One Simple Idea by Stephen Key. That'll give you an idea of the path you need to take with your invention.

Hiimmj15

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 5, 2020
Tennessee
Avoid this company as if it has C0VlD-19. These companies will just keep asking for more money.

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. It's never going to be as simple as just submitting your idea and collecting royalties.

If you want to license your invention read the book One Simple Idea by Stephen Key. That'll give you an idea of the path you need to take with your invention.
Good thing I asked, thank you very much :thumbsup:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello,

Thank you for your time!

Hi @Hiimmj15

1- Is that typical? Being new to 'submitting ideas of inventions' i am wondering if I'm being scammed

You are being scammed, yes.

No, its not, its part of the scam.

I get what your are saying, but having an idea doesnt make you an inventor.
You actually have to bring your invention into reality and patent it, before the world starts to consider you an inventor.
Only then can you get royalties from it.
You could, however, produce an already existing invention with slight tweaks and patent that.
Aim to improve, make stuff easier, better, cheaper, more reliable, make it cost less of peoples` time.
Thats what most people do and thats where most of human progress comes from.

The point is, inventing stuff probobly has the HIGHEST barier to entry out of anything.
There is a reason why great and lesser inventors are immortalized in human history.
Think about it. Whats easier? To improve a steam engine or to invent an entirely different mechanical machine that converts heat energy into motion?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hiimmj15

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 5, 2020
Tennessee
Hi @Hiimmj15

1- Is that typical? Being new to 'submitting ideas of inventions' i am wondering if I'm being scammed

You are being scammed, yes.

No, its not, its part of the scam.

I get what your are saying, but having an idea doesnt make you an inventor.
You actually have to bring your invention into reality and patent it, before the world starts to consider you an inventor.
Only then can you get royalties from it.
You could, however, produce an already existing invention with slight tweaks and patent that.
Aim to improve, make stuff easier, better, cheaper, more reliable, make it cost less of peoples` time.
Thats what most people do and thats where most of human progress comes from.
The point is, inventing stuff probobly has the HIGHEST barier to entry out of anything.
There is a reason why great and lesser inventors are immortalized in human history.
Think about it. Whats easier? To improve a steam engine or to invent an entirely different mechanical machine that converts heat energy into motion?
I see, yes it sounded "fishy". Empires mentioned the book, One Simple Idea by Stephen Key.
I'm assuming this is a good instructor on how to actually perform this process so I am def going to check that out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.