• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Celebs indicted, many others: college admissions scandal

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MTEE1985, Mar 12, 2019.

1. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 There is no opportunity in comfort Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,145
  2. rollerskates

rollerskates Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,900
    Holy cannoli. I wonder if they'll be revoking some admissions and taking back diplomas? Sorry, Stanford guy, you'll have to go to Grass Valley Community College instead. I wonder if Stanford guy who already has a diploma will now get fired since he was hired under false pretenses?

MTEE1985 likes this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,721
    Admin Post
    Extracted from the RANDOM THOUGHT thread, might need its own topic.

MTEE1985 likes this.
  4. Mr.Brandtastic

Mr.Brandtastic Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,949
    How much more evidence do people need that college is a bunch of bs? Kids should seriously stop going on the off-chance they may become middle class in doing so. Wake up kids. Wake up parents. College ain't what is used to be. Stop supporting the college mafia with your money, strive for better, don't make the same mistake I did. If college costs more than a small home, you know you're betting cheated. Kids don't need mortgages without homes.

5. rwhyan

rwhyan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    I actually have some personal connections to this. Absolutely wild.

I always had the gut feeling there was some shady stuff going on.

Paying upwards of $50k to cheat on the SAT. Paying over 2,000 shares of FB stock (over $150k) to get into UCLA. Posing as recruited athletes. Just to name a few...

6. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,887
    While I no longer put the same value in formal education as I once did, as someone who grew up with nothing and worked their balls off to get to a good school this really butters my biscuit. The school I went to is not on that list, but I know similar events are happening there.

7. Jonathan Hoch

Jonathan Hoch Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,993
    I can’t undersrand why the world is shitting their pants over this.

Of course rich parents are bribing their children’s way into the highest possible level of education.

This is not a phenomenon.

rwhyan likes this.
  8. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $6,887
    I'd rather assume it's happening than know for sure.

9. rwhyan

rwhyan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    Agreed. The funny part is that these families don't need their kids to attend college (let alone elite colleges).

They do it for the appearance and prestige of elite colleges and because their kids want to party...

10. Jaden Jones

Jaden Jones Igloo Builder Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,407
    It says the students were kept in the dark... I wonder if thats actually true.

11. rwhyan

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    Doubtful.

I skimmed the affidavit and one student flew down to LA from SF to take the SAT. The student got "assistance" answering questions during the exam, got extended time even though had no valid reason, and had someone correct her answers afterwards.

The students had to have known

12. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $6,887
    "Honey, you and I both know you're dumb as a stalk of celery, but ya know, you have a nice face. You'll do well."

13. becks22

becks22 90% coffee, 10% everything else Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,415
    The funny thing is with that much of money the parents could have just hired a top notch ivy league private tutor but that would require the kid to study and to work hard to improve their test grades. I guess this way was 'easier'. I doubt the kids were in the dark though.

MTEE1985 likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.