The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Celebs indicted, many others: college admissions scandal

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona

rollerskates

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2017
Texas

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
How much more evidence do people need that college is a bunch of bs? Kids should seriously stop going on the off-chance they may become middle class in doing so. Wake up kids. Wake up parents. College ain't what is used to be. Stop supporting the college mafia with your money, strive for better, don't make the same mistake I did. If college costs more than a small home, you know you're betting cheated. Kids don't need mortgages without homes.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I actually have some personal connections to this. Absolutely wild.

I always had the gut feeling there was some shady stuff going on.

Paying upwards of $50k to cheat on the SAT. Paying over 2,000 shares of FB stock (over $150k) to get into UCLA. Posing as recruited athletes. Just to name a few...

404profound

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion
While I no longer put the same value in formal education as I once did, as someone who grew up with nothing and worked their balls off to get to a good school this really butters my biscuit. The school I went to is not on that list, but I know similar events are happening there.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 17, 2019
I can’t undersrand why the world is shitting their pants over this.

Of course rich parents are bribing their children’s way into the highest possible level of education.

This is not a phenomenon.

404profound

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion

Of course rich parents are bribing their children’s way into the highest possible level of education.

I'd rather assume it's happening than know for sure.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Agreed. The funny part is that these families don't need their kids to attend college (let alone elite colleges).

They do it for the appearance and prestige of elite colleges and because their kids want to party...

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
It says the students were kept in the dark... I wonder if thats actually true.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It says the students were kept in the dark... I wonder if thats actually true.
Doubtful.

I skimmed the affidavit and one student flew down to LA from SF to take the SAT. The student got "assistance" answering questions during the exam, got extended time even though had no valid reason, and had someone correct her answers afterwards.

The students had to have known

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

404profound

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion
Doubtful.

I skimmed the affidavit and one student flew down to LA from SF to take the SAT. The student got "assistance" answering questions during the exam, got extended time even though had no valid reason, and had someone correct her answers afterwards.

The students had to have known
"Honey, you and I both know you're dumb as a stalk of celery, but ya know, you have a nice face. You'll do well."

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
The funny thing is with that much of money the parents could have just hired a top notch ivy league private tutor but that would require the kid to study and to work hard to improve their test grades. I guess this way was 'easier'. I doubt the kids were in the dark though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hey @Simon Angel thanks for the write up. I think there is a ton of potential in all areas...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@Lyinx lol man, okay. Just to make it clear to everyone else, I'm not involved with...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock