The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Celebrity shout-outs on the cheap

JHZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 24, 2017
México
I got exposed to the fake shout-out thing by this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2BCT01STn8

Basically, this fake-guru is manufacturing elite social proof by hiring these personalities to give him an endorsement using the platform https://www.cameo.com

Apart from your mid tier celebrities, people can actually get endorsements by reputable business people like: Keavin O'Leary, Robert Herjavec, Jordan Belfort (not that reputable tbh), among others

Now, to be fair, not all of them agree to do business endorsements, but you can see how easily a personal shout-out can be milked in favor of the guru to sell his/hers course, seminar, webinar, etc.

Think of how dangerous this can be with other products, if NBA player Danny Green is endorsing some supplement, you would think "Hell, he is a professional athlete and is endorsing this snake oil, I might as well buy some"

It's sad that every day slick marketers keep finding new ways to deceive people and create the perception of value (where value is nowhere to be found), I have no doubt in my mind that however buys Wesley Virgin's course does it hopping for a better future and a desire for improvement in his o her life (and yeah, most of them are also lazy, not going to deny that)

So there you have it, nowadays not even a shout out or endorsement can be taken at face value

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I can see why people would want celebrities to endorse them, but what I don't get is why would the celebrities do this?

The prices are pretty cheap for what it is, and everyone can see which celebrities are on that site.
Doesn't this damage their credibility?

JHZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 24, 2017
México
I can see why people would want celebrities to endorse them, but what I don't get is why would the celebrities do this?

The prices are pretty cheap for what it is, and everyone can see which celebrities are on that site.
Doesn't this damage their credibility?
I would guess singers are doing it because of the lockdown, given that they can't do any shows.
I was also shocked by the affordability of it, I think that the idea of the site was for people to get birthday wishes and stuff like that from their favorite celebrities, its just that now people are using this site to validate their personal brands

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Yea, ppl in 'da buziness' will always find a way to leverage anything, and everything.

I wonder whether this trend will fade away once covid goes away or is it here to stay.
Wouldn't be surprised to see prices skyrocket after lockdown.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This post is GOLD! Thanks OP! This is the shit I'm looking for! I already have ideas on how to make use of this site for my hustle! E.g: my homepage will display 3 celeb videos, and even if they only mention my site / product's name once, that IS SICK.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

JHZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 24, 2017
México
This post is GOLD! Thanks OP! This is the shit I'm looking for! I already have ideas on how to make use of this site for my hustle! E.g: my homepage will display 3 celeb videos, and even if they only mention my site / product's name once, that IS SICK.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif
Haha thanks man! I edited the title of the tread since, as you mention, its a great opportunity for people to build social proof for their businesses

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.