The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying a website that makes money selling guest posts

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
Hi,

I found a seller on Flippa.com that wants to sell an established blog that makes the majority of its income by selling guests posts.

The seller is a well known blogger and also recently started a content building and guest post out reach service.

The site makes about $300 or so a month from this and another $20-$40 a month from Adsense and amazon affiliates.

The seller did a video interview and gave me google analytics access. Everything seems legitimate, mostly organic traffic. The only thing I found odd was a small percentage of referring sites were spammy - about 13%.

The current seller owned the site for about 1.5 years.

The seller wants 23 times monthly earnings.

Moz says it's DA is 31. It also says it has 365 linking domains with more links lost than gained in the last 30 days.

Traffic is growing steadily. There are also some social media assets included.

Traffic stats are just under 10,000 users a month according to GA, with 1.18 pages per user. Just under 90% bounce rate (kind of high), 40 seconds time spent on website. That's the average for the last year.

What do you think of this website? The seller seems trustworthy but the low Adsense income is worrying.

He sold a few transactions on Flippa but no feedback given at all.

Because of the referring traffic issue, I asked him to provide help with content or outreach if the traffic dips 30% or more within six months of buying. Which he agreed.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I get "guest post" requests, probably a dozen per week.

Perhaps I should look into accepting some of them instead of deleting them.

I didn't think it was real, much less viable.

$300/month would pay for my pool and landscaping service.

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
there are whole businesses around connecting those who want to buy placements on sites and those who want to sell placements.

It’s especially attractive for sites that lack the high volume traffic (1,000+ a month) to generate any decent revenue from Adsense but have good metrics otherwise. But also god to supplement income. A high ranking site can ask for hundreds of dollars minimum.

Can send you info if interested.

You do have to be strict with content that you accept or preferably write the content yourself with the buyers topic and keyword in mind to maintain editorial quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Traffic stats are just under 10,000 users a month according to GA, with 1.18 pages per user. Just under 90% bounce rate (kind of high), 40 seconds time spent on website. That's the average for the last year.

1.18 page views, 40 seconds average time on site plus a 90% bounce rate for a blog? That says tonnes about the quality of the content to me. The good news is there is loads of room for improvement. You could low ball him/her with an offer using the poor stats as leverage if you really wanted it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.