The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Books/podcasts/videos that are worth revisiting multiple times.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

ryss

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 25, 2019
How To Read More — A Lot MoreThere's a quote from Winston Churchill that says:

“Young people should be careful in their reading, as old people in eating their food. They should not eat too much. They should chew it well.”

I like this quote because it changed my mind. It redirected my drive to learn. I no longer want to learn about as many ideas as I can (surface level knowledge). I want to deeply understand a few very good ideas.

The result of the above shift is that I started to revisit books/podcasts/videos that I've found very valuable in the past.

In this thread I'd like to ask you what are books/podcasts/videos/articles that you think are worth coming back to more than once? And why? (so other forum members can check them and benefit too).

I'll go first:

Books:
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat by Michael Masterson (link)
It's a book about business, its stages of development, challenges and opportunities at each stage. I've revisited the first part of this book multiple times - the $0-$1M stage. Some very useful ideas.
- The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime! by MJ DeMarco (link)
No explanation needed on this forum. The fastlane mindset and some very useful business and wealth building concepts.
- The Dip: The extraordinary benefits of knowing when to quit (and when to stick) by Seth Godin (link)
It's a short book with a single powerful idea. Everything worth doing will have a dip (when the going gets tough). If you don't think you can cross the dip, quit. Starting and then quitting while you're in the dip is the worst time to quit (it's also when most people quit).
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio (link)
Seeing the reality as it really is and being rational are no easy tasks while being a human. Ray Dalio's principles are all about being better at those tasks.
Video:
How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio (link)
There is no better and more concise explanation of how the debt fueled economy work.​

Article:
How To Read More — A Lot More by Ryan Holiday (link)

Of course it's not an exhaustive list. But it's better than nothing. Links are not affiliate. Cheers!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
While I do agree with you on rereading things, I would disagree on the other part. You can learn something deeply by reading different books on that topic. I think there is more to be gained reading different opinions and angles than memorizing ready, fire, aim. (as good as the book is)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom