The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

books on comparative business models

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Bishop Black

Contributor
Oct 19, 2019
Does anyone have any suggestions on books which compare and contrast different businesses and/or their individualized models of business, possibly outlining the similarities and differences, the potential pros and cons of each business model, and so forth?

Sadly, my opinion is that many business books paint "business" and related terms with a broad brush, when obviously no two businesses. "corporations", or companies are identical in form or function or conflatable to begin with; so perhaps something which analysis's various business models with have some measure of popularity and have been around awhile enough to be recognizable would be what I'm looking for, thanks.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Does anyone have any suggestions on books which compare and contrast different businesses and/or their individualized models of business, possibly outlining the similarities and differences, the potential pros and cons of each business model, and so forth?

Sadly, my opinion is that many business books paint "business" and related terms with a broad brush, when obviously no two businesses. "corporations", or companies are identical in form or function or conflatable to begin with; so perhaps something which analysis's various business models with have some measure of popularity and have been around awhile enough to be recognizable would be what I'm looking for, thanks.
Maybe the Coca Cola book written by the old CEO is what you are looking for? I haven't read it myself (on the to-do) but think it's pretty interesting as its fasinating to me how much bigger Coke is compared to Pepsi.

purplebadger

New Contributor
May 25, 2020
Poland
I think you're looking for a book like this one - "The Business Model Navigator: 55 Models That Will Revolutionise Your Business" by Oliver Gassmann

I read a bit and it draws 55 business models quite profoundly. You're getting a panorama of business models that are used all around the world in various industries.

it's available on A for sure

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock