The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

B2B Sales & Businesses: Do we need to worry?

Crexty

Contributor
Feb 2, 2018
Arizona
I'm in a couple B2B Sales businesses. I was just curious and had a couple questions about the future of B2B Sales.

Do you think Cold Calling Will Ever Become Outlawed in the US?

If not, how long will cold calling stay effective?

Now when I say telemarketing, I don't mean like robocalls. But cold calling in terms of calling businesses and closing appointments/estimates to sell products or services.

If cold calling does eventually die, how would outbound B2B Sales processes work? What would people use?

Given that one of my businesses is built purely on Outbound B2B Sales. Should I be worried about cold calling going extinct? If I'm overthing or over-reacting, someone please tell me.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Stargazer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
Your last sentence is correct. You are over-thinking.

One reason for you to chew over is this.

Smaller companies; especially start ups, use cold calling to get early sales, so they are not going to be pushing for any legislation.

If for some reason in the future they did, I can't think of many FTSE 100 (UK) /Fortune 500 (US) companies that don't cold call as part of their mix and their 'financial and political muscle' would swing into gear to block any legislation for decades.

Effectiveness of it is something else. That is why you need to know all of your costs. Two businesses can sell the same item at the same price and one make a net profit and the other make a net loss.

Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom