The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Australia now has 60 Billionaires - guess what the richest one does?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I was a little surprised to hear that we now have (probably over) 60 billionaires! "There are 22 women on the 2017 Financial Review Rich List and eight female billionaires."

The richest dude in Australia (12.6 bills) is into boxes and recycling. Hardly glamorous but he certainly nailed a need. I found that interesting.

Source: Rich List 2017 reveals Australia has more billionaires than ever

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SYK

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2014
Hardly glamorous but he certainly nailed a need.

His dad nailed the need about 50 years ago.

Crazy how much the wealth of mining magnates fluctuates because of the value of resources. Mainly due to Chinese demand.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Yeah, he's driving it now but he didn't make it all. They mention his dad in the article. The fact we have 60 billionaires surprised me almost as much the boxes. And of course it didn't take long before the bitter old jealous lefties started with their old "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" diatribe.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
And of course it didn't take long before the bitter old jealous lefties started with their old "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" diatribe.

Haha aren't they having a field day with that nonsense, like the property developer from the Gold Coast a few weeks ago that told Gen Y to stop buying avocado on toast and coffees and use their money wisely, all the comments on social media criticised him for buying a gym (at 19) with money borrowed from his grandfather, rather than try and take some advice from his message.

I don't know why people like him bother being interviewed by mainstream media when thats the kind of rubbish that they cop.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
A BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED! Thank you very much for joining, participating...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
The media defines people by their occupation. You are a liquor store owner, freelancer, single...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom