The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone using a social proof pop-up on their eCommerce site?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Every once in a while I'll browse AppSumo deals and see what new things are popping up. Saw something last night that piqued my interest: a social proof pop-up.

Does anyone have any real-world experience using them in an authentic manner? Also, going beyond just showing recent sales and displaying other things your website visitors would be interested in? Things like coupons, links to opt-ins, links to articles, abandoned cart reminders, etc?

For the sake of discussion, can we keep our personal feelings about them out of the equation? I think we've all seen the fake ones where Dru Dropship has one pop up every second with another happy customer. I'm not talking about that scumbaggery.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I used to use a real one before with my previous business. I'd say it depends on sales. If doing less than a sale every 3-5 mins or so doesn't look great or help convert. If more often than that window kind of annoying

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I used to use a real one before with my previous business. I'd say it depends on sales. If doing less than a sale every 3-5 mins or so doesn't look great or help convert. If more often than that window kind of annoying
Are you talking about real-time sales pop-ups?

I don't have the level of frequency, but also wasn't going to limit them to only "[person] bought [product]" type pop-ups. The SaaS I was looking at (evidence.io) also allows general messages to be shown. Announcements or other ways for site visitors to take action and not necessarily be driven to purchase.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.