The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody with e commerce experience?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is safe during these times and healthy. I have a business I am going to start on the side. An e commerce agency/ business. I think once this is all done people will realize they need an e commerce website. Should I learn how to code e commerce websites? Should I focus on Shopify? Also should I also offer marketing? Anyone with experience and guidance kindly let me know what you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Do you have any Ecom experience? What value are you trying to add?

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I planned on using Shopify or wix e-commerce for my page. I could see how a service to audit someone’s website for optimal layout, current marketing campaign, and listings could be a good business if you had experience on your end.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I think once this is all done
Why wait?
Arent people already in need of an online presence to sell their products?

Should I learn how to code e commerce websites?
Dont if you can avoid it. If you arent already a senior dev with years experience, coding a e-commerce website will be out of your reach for a very long time.

Should I focus on Shopify?
Shopify, Woocomerce, OpenCart, what have you.
Go to udemy and you`ll see how easy it is to setup a e-commerce website.
Granted it`ll not compare to a custom made solution, but then again, how many clients will want and/or need a custom solution?

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Why wait?
Arent people already in need of an online presence to sell their products?

Dont if you can avoid it. If you arent already a senior dev with years experience, coding a e-commerce website will be out of your reach for a very long time.

Shopify, Woocomerce, OpenCart, what have you.
Go to udemy and you`ll see how easy it is to setup a e-commerce website.
Granted it`ll not compare to a custom made solution, but then again, how many clients will want and/or need a custom solution?

Thanks for the response, I see your pov. So ill look into Udemy for Shopify websites. Would you recommend any marketing as well like email campaigns or and Google ads?

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
I planned on using Shopify or wix e-commerce for my page. I could see how a service to audit someone’s website for optimal layout, current marketing campaign, and listings could be a good business if you had experience on your end.

No experience for me, but I can learn

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Do you have any Ecom experience? What value are you trying to add?

Don't have any e comm experience. I'm looking to get brick and mortar stores online for e commerce so that as the future rolls in they can be prepared for online sales as a method revenue.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Don't have any e comm experience. I'm looking to get brick and mortar stores online for e commerce so that as the future rolls in they can be prepared for online sales as a method revenue.
Think about the logistics part too.
Setting up an online store, marketing it and maintaining it is only half the story.
The stores need to deliver their products once ordered.
If they dont have some sort of delivery service or dont have a delivery service at their dispossal, it will be unlikely that they will want an online store.

Zubz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto
Think about the logistics part too.
Setting up an online store, marketing it and maintaining it is only half the story.
The stores need to deliver their products once ordered.
If they dont have some sort of delivery service or dont have a delivery service at their dispossal, it will be unlikely that they will want an online store.

I hadn't thought about that.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is safe during these times and healthy. I have a business I am going to start on the side. An e commerce agency/ business. I think once this is all done people will realize they need an e commerce website. Should I learn how to code e commerce websites? Should I focus on Shopify? Also should I also offer marketing? Anyone with experience and guidance kindly let me know what you think?

In my opinion based from my experience as well, Shopify is not suitable for service type of e-commerce business. I recommend to use woocommerce instead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.