The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Amazon Affiliate - No Control - Absolutely Right

mtb_fanatic

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 1, 2015
So I got this email 6 days ago:

upload_2018-10-22_12-26-29.png

Basically setup an affiliate account when starting a new project and not getting enough traction to make any sales within last 180 days. Submitted a review of my account and got this:
upload_2018-10-22_12-26-57.png

No additional insight or action on this matter and you won't receive a response.

Please don't waste your time with affiliate marketing as this can be over in one email. Moving on...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

KeepGoin

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 17, 2016
mtb, this isn't a big hurdle. You're able to reapply if you wish. Getting enough traffic and sales in 6 months is hard with a fresh website, it's doable though.

Will-v-the-World

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2018
US
Of course they rejected you.

It clearly states that you must make a sale in 180 days, or you will be rejected.

Luckily, you can reapply whenever you want...

If you follow all of Amazon's affiliate policies, it's very unlikely that they'll randomly ban you.

Is your project an Amazon affiliate "niche site"? If it is, you need to realize that it's a mutual relationship. Yeah, you're getting them more sales, but the commisions they give you are a reward for making articles (a.k.a products) that are of good enough relative value to rank highly in the SERPs.

You both benefit. Also, if Amazon bans you, you can always become an affiliate with another large platform that's just nicher than Amazon.

Cosmin Gabriel

New Contributor
Jul 14, 2016
There are many more affiliate programs other than Amazon wich pay you very small percentage. Search your niche + affiliate in google and you will find lots of affiliate programs. Some people think that amazon is the only affiliate program wich is very wrong they can ban you because they already have lots of affiliates so they really dont care if you dont give them any traffic / conversions .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom