The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A pain a day = a solution a day, an opportunity a day

didicoimp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 1, 2020
Brazil
So the idea about this thread is to encourage others. All of us entrepeneurs, or aspiring to be, basically on a daily basis observe and find problems, pains, failures that could be fixed or improved. Me myself I'm from an emerging economy, a relatively late market in a lot of industries. So copying things from devolped countries can be applied and actually work in several times.

for an example, I like to walk and I'm used walk from home to my factory that is located in the suburban/rural area of a city of 2 million people. I have several possible routes to choose and in one of them I walk around 8km in a heavy traffic road (outdated small road that connects downtown to city suburbs, it's a hell!) anyway in this area there are a lot of little farms, big car dealerships and supermarkets, PLENTY OF SPACE AND GRASS, A LOT OF GRASS. I knew this area was owned by the same families for decades, that's how I bought the lot where I installed my business, so I know them and was able to reach them and offer a possible passive income with ZERO work: billboards.
Long story short: After getting the landlords approval, I reached to a marketing agency that I knew used to do this job and got the city permits to legally offer the deal. Once all set and papers signed my duties were only the eletrical bills to the lights of the billboards. Got 40 of them installed which made me around 3.5k USD/mo, remember I live in an emerging economy so this is a lot of money. This deal ran through 6 years until the new mayor shut down all this kind of big visual advertisements. I used this extra income to leverage my business without the need of getting debt in a bank. It probably cost me around 60 to 70 working hours in total.

so just because I was walking there and saw only grass an opportunity emerged. I hope that this thread can be your path to walk through a new opportunity and maybe an extra income or even a real long lasting business, even fastlane.

pain number 1:
In the region where my business is located there is a lack of natural/organic pesticides and a huge demand on locally/organically produced food. Chating with some of the top farm suppliers NONE of them had supply enough to offer and ALL of them said that there is a relevant amount of people asking for it.

pain number 2:
Ready to drink cocktails. In a visit to Europe before covid, I was able to taste a huge amount of ready to drink cocktails such as espresso martini, negroni, mojitos, pina coladas, etc. that could be bought in any supermarket or convenience sorte. Again, I can only say locally but here in my country there is a HUGE deficit in the beverage market, pretty much we drink only beer and I see this options GREAT for the beach climate and enviroment, just carry a coolerbox with ice and lots of drinks to the beach and the party is ready to start. Maybe it's a consumer habit or taste, maybe it is an opportunity.

So FLF, what pain have you faced and would like to share?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
So the idea about this thread is to encourage others. All of us entrepeneurs, or aspiring to be, basically on a daily basis observe and find problems, pains, failures that could be fixed or improved. Me myself I'm from an emerging economy, a relatively late market in a lot of industries. So copying things from devolped countries can be applied and actually work in several times.

for an example, I like to walk and I'm used walk from home to my factory that is located in the suburban/rural area of a city of 2 million people. I have several possible routes to choose and in one of them I walk around 8km in a heavy traffic road (outdated small road that connects downtown to city suburbs, it's a hell!) anyway in this area there are a lot of little farms, big car dealerships and supermarkets, PLENTY OF SPACE AND GRASS, A LOT OF GRASS. I knew this area was owned by the same families for decades, that's how I bought the lot where I installed my business, so I know them and was able to reach them and offer a possible passive income with ZERO work: billboards.
Long story short: After getting the landlords approval, I reached to a marketing agency that I knew used to do this job and got the city permits to legally offer the deal. Once all set and papers signed my duties were only the eletrical bills to the lights of the billboards. Got 40 of them installed which made me around 3.5k USD/mo, remember I live in an emerging economy so this is a lot of money. This deal ran through 6 years until the new mayor shut down all this kind of big visual advertisements. I used this extra income to leverage my business without the need of getting debt in a bank. It probably cost me around 60 to 70 working hours in total.

so just because I was walking there and saw only grass an opportunity emerged. I hope that this thread can be your path to walk through a new opportunity and maybe an extra income or even a real long lasting business, even fastlane.

pain number 1:
In the region where my business is located there is a lack of natural/organic pesticides and a huge demand on locally/organically produced food. Chating with some of the top farm suppliers NONE of them had supply enough to offer and ALL of them said that there is a relevant amount of people asking for it.

pain number 2:
Ready to drink cocktails. In a visit to Europe before covid, I was able to taste a huge amount of ready to drink cocktails such as espresso martini, negroni, mojitos, pina coladas, etc. that could be bought in any supermarket or convenience sorte. Again, I can only say locally but here in my country there is a HUGE deficit in the beverage market, pretty much we drink only beer and I see this options GREAT for the beach climate and enviroment, just carry a coolerbox with ice and lots of drinks to the beach and the party is ready to start. Maybe it's a consumer habit or taste, maybe it is an opportunity.

So FLF, what pain have you faced and would like to share?

May i ask wich area of Brasil you live in?

didicoimp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 1, 2020
Brazil
pain number 3:
Clothes Tags : This is a thing that happens almost everytime I buy new clothes, although it's changing and new kind of printed labels are becoming more common it is still a pain in the a$$ to wear a tshirt, underwear or jeans and the label is made of those hard, pointy, itchy materials. Also the fact that a lot of times when I try to cut it out it happens to some small parts to be left in the seam or even worse I cut the seam itself and ruin the new shirt.
There is one brand that only uses a kind of soft fabric for the labels and DAMN IT FEELS SO GOOD, I always buy this brand and this is for sure a point in their favor. Really don't know why entrepeneurs into textile industry don't explore it in a bigger scale. Maybe the numbers won't match but anyway this tags that dont itch FEELS SO GREAT! such an improvement in the experience

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.