The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A little about myself

denis10

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 16, 2018
Hey there!

Gonna jump right in. I started studying computer science almost 10 years ago, cause even back then I always knew I wanted to not work for anyone, and I thought I'd have the best chances in that field. Since then I was pretty much coding every day and tried to crush it. I always had one or more projects I've been working on, trying to start my own thing. But here I am, almost ten years later, and besides having an awesome job I don't have much. I work at a company that creates MVPs for other people, and it's pretty cool because I get to work on new projects every couple of months, I learn a lot about startups, pay is decent and I work remotely, which allows me to work when I want and where I want. But it's still not what I want.

I'm trying hard and working A LOT to finally be successful, but it somehow doesn't work out for me, which means I'm doing something wrong. Technically I'm very savvy. Name anything you can do with a computer and I can do it. Web, Apps, Video games, AI. If I don't know something I'm really fast at picking it up, for instance new programming languages or frameworks or whatever. I think I'm also good at finding good solutions to problems. Not basing this off of what I think about myself but from clients' feedback (for instance they always want to keep me on the project instead of other people).

I think I'm doing two things wrong. The projects I work on are too big for myself. I once wasted months to write my own game engine, umm yeah?! Second, even bigger problem is that I'm working on the wrong things because I'm not in contact with enough people, so I don't know what they want. My thought process is usually "Hm this could be really useful, lets do it" instead of having some people ready to buy and then starting to code/work. Trying to change that and trying to talk to more people, that's one reason why I signed up here.

So that's my story, glad to be here, looking forward :smile:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Welcome!
I think if you take the time and read through some of the threads, especially some of the Gold Threads, you'll find a common theme. Anyone creative that is working for someone else is normally only being paid for their creativity once. Figure out how to be paid on your creativity perpetually, and you will earn more, have more control, and who knows, might be a way to not have to trade time for money like many do.

BTW, have you read Unscripted ?

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Hey there!

Gonna jump right in. I started studying computer science almost 10 years ago, cause even back then I always knew I wanted to not work for anyone, and I thought I'd have the best chances in that field. Since then I was pretty much coding every day and tried to crush it. I always had one or more projects I've been working on, trying to start my own thing. But here I am, almost ten years later, and besides having an awesome job I don't have much. I work at a company that creates MVPs for other people, and it's pretty cool because I get to work on new projects every couple of months, I learn a lot about startups, pay is decent and I work remotely, which allows me to work when I want and where I want. But it's still not what I want.

I'm trying hard and working A LOT to finally be successful, but it somehow doesn't work out for me, which means I'm doing something wrong. Technically I'm very savvy. Name anything you can do with a computer and I can do it. Web, Apps, Video games, AI. If I don't know something I'm really fast at picking it up, for instance new programming languages or frameworks or whatever. I think I'm also good at finding good solutions to problems. Not basing this off of what I think about myself but from clients' feedback (for instance they always want to keep me on the project instead of other people).

I think I'm doing two things wrong. The projects I work on are too big for myself. I once wasted months to write my own game engine, umm yeah?! Second, even bigger problem is that I'm working on the wrong things because I'm not in contact with enough people, so I don't know what they want. My thought process is usually "Hm this could be really useful, lets do it" instead of having some people ready to buy and then starting to code/work. Trying to change that and trying to talk to more people, that's one reason why I signed up here.

So that's my story, glad to be here, looking forward :smile:

Welcome to our forum and glad to have you here.

Learn sales and marketing because that's where entrepreneurship is built on.Combine it with your tech skills you can be and you will way ahead in your journey.

Wishing you the best of best :thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...