The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A hilarious lesson in marketing - The Internet Historian remembers Kony 2012

Marketing, social media, advertising

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Filmmaker, ‘The Internet Historian’ remembers the oddest marketing campaign. Kony 2012. I was hesitant to post this here since at first glance it doesn’t seem entrepreneurship related. But actuallly I think there’s a lot to be learned from that whole charade

And a lesson in why it’s probablyyyyy best to not to deceive your viewers.

Plus this video is just hilarious.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nymZEXjf8

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jack Hammer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 19, 2018
Pretty entertaining. I vaguely remember the Kony 2012 thing from back then, but I didn't know the guy behind it lost his mind and ran around naked on the street. I have no idea how that flew under my radar. Glad he got better.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL, people were willing to do anything, as long as it didn't entail practical action. 1 like = 1 saved child!

Slacktivism at its best.

I was hesitant to post this here since at first glance it doesn’t seem entrepreneurship related.

You posted in the Off-Topic section, you're perfectly good.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
LOL, people were willing to do anything, as long as it didn't entail practical action. 1 like = 1 saved child!

Slacktivism at its best.

You posted in the Off-Topic section, you're perfectly good.

Spoken like someone without the moral courage to wear a Livestrong bracelet.

I remember this and honestly it brings back bad memories. I used to be in a large non profit. You know how you gave $50 to buy a milk goat for that family in the Sudan? You actually paid for a 30 year old who's never had to real job to do her 3rd masters degree thesis on how people in the Sudan are adversely effected by income inequality that was produced by climate change and some sort of gender discrimination probably. Those folks still never got a damn goat. But at least now a few PhDs that spend 6 weeks a year in a heavily guarded air conditioned compound think they know why the family doesn't have a goat.

#goatnotincluded

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Spoken like someone without the moral courage to wear a Livestrong bracelet.

I remember this and honestly it brings back bad memories. I used to be in a large non profit. You know how you gave $50 to buy a milk goat for that family in the Sudan? You actually paid for a 30 year old who's never had to real job to do her 3rd masters degree thesis on how people in the Sudan are adversely effected by income inequality that was produced by climate change and some sort of gender discrimination probably. Those folks still never got a damn goat. But at least now a few PhDs that spend 6 weeks a year in a heavily guarded air conditioned compound think they know why the family doesn't have a goat.

#goatnotincluded
That made my day, especially the Livestrong quip. BTW, I've combined the causes and created a "Help Lance Get a Goat" GoFundMe page. #slacktivism, #goatrodeo, #givingfatigue

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.