• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

100M / 12 months

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by sparechange, Jul 11, 2018.

1. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,685
  2. Will-v-the-World

Will-v-the-World Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,257
    Wait, you mean they didn't put money in a 401k and wait it out? blasphemy!

cy-, DustinH and Fastlane Liam like this.
  3. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $71,103
    Yet another article that focuses on the event instead of the process. It didn't take them 12 months to hit $100 million in sales. Bezoni started at least 10 years ago:

But yeah, let's use a clickbait headline that gives people false hope that they can hit $100 million in sales in a year with no prior experience.

And yeah, they were super broke when they started their supplement business (the headline says: "How Two Broke Guys"):

I have nothing against these guys and am happy for their success. I also think that it's great that Huffpost publishes articles about successful social entrepreneurs.

It's just a shame Huffpost does a disservice to hopeful newbie entrepreneurs when they use such misleading headlines and completely miss the point of the decade-plus process that led to this event.

LittleWolfie, Huracan, GPM and 16 others like this.
  4. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,808
    If those newbies consider HuffPost to be a legitimate news outlet then they had no chance anyway

lowtek, Argue, MJ DeMarco and 6 others like this.
  5. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,360
    I'm more curious to know what "marketing prowess" they have that allows them to earn over $2 million in 30 days.
    You still need time to build credibility and get the word out. To reach that amount of sales in 30 days, I assume that would be like you run FB ads, and sales start flooding in immediately non-stop for 30 straight days every second. That's almost like what's gonna happen when you discover a cure for cancer.

AllanB, msufan and sparechange like this.
  6. msufan

msufan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,295
    From nothing more than a weight loss book... that is listed on Amazon and has just 9 reviews total (https://amzn.to/2zE7TGH)... yeah... something's fishy here.

7. Tom.V

Tom.V Tom Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,236
    Disclosure: The writer of this story has a financial relationship with BioTrust.

Shill article.

Xeon, Scot, msufan and 1 other person like this.
  8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,069
    Admin Post
    If 1 person writes a review for every 100 books sold, that means it sold 900 copies. Yea, something's fishy.

Xeon, Scot and msufan like this.
  9. msufan

msufan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,295
    This sort of thing is why people hate the media so much. I get that Huffington Post isn't exactly on anyone's A-list anyway, but this is brutal.

Xeon and sparechange like this.
  10. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,685
    hm guess they are shills,

learned about bio trust from a sales video i was studying & looked up they're site to look at the landing page & marketing

whether they are real or not its interesting to look at the sales & marketing tactics they use.

it looks very scammy to advertise ''we feed a hungry child with every purchase'' although it might be working.

regardless, id say its important to look up big companies and check out what strategies they use (lululemon/nike/apple etc) and compare it to your own

with my store the strategy has been to soft sell, although after looking into all the big name brands it seems as if hard selling is the way to go.

Xeon likes this.
  11. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,685
    2018-01-04-resnica-vsa-resnica-in-nič-drugega-kot-resnica-81683.jpg

Xeon likes this.
  12. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $71,103
    Actually it might be true. The book was released in 2009, there's only hardcover on Amazon, and it doesn't even look like it was published by the publisher there (because of the low-quality photo of the cover and not the actual cover).

They might have sold it mostly through bookstores or perhaps it was actually a product launch and it has never been sold outside of their sales page (in this case, 2 million is possible with JVs and plenty of high-profile affiliates).

Xeon and Tom.V like this.
  13. cy-

cy- Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $769
    Working a lot with affiliates myself I am almost 100% sure that these guys grew it with Clickbank or a familiar network of size.

There are a lot o affiliates out there that can push these 'evergreen' products for the right price/conversion rate etc.

The thing though, is that the affiliates or more like the networks that has the affiliates, would want prepayment or weekly payments for their traffic, which means you either need funding or a really good cashflow.

So I doubt they were broke if this is the path they choose...

MTF and Xeon like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.