The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

100M / 12 months

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
Yet another article that focuses on the event instead of the process. It didn't take them 12 months to hit $100 million in sales. Bezoni started at least 10 years ago:

Bezoni’s first attempt at starting an online business ended in complete financial disaster: he racked up $100,000 in personal credit card debt but hustled his way to a thriving online vitamin business. He eventually made enough to pay off the debt and business was good—until the U.S. economy melted down in 2009, when Bezoni’s business took a massive nosedive.
But yeah, let's use a clickbait headline that gives people false hope that they can hit $100 million in sales in a year with no prior experience.

And yeah, they were super broke when they started their supplement business (the headline says: "How Two Broke Guys"):

They worked together with two critical team members, Kim Eschner and Vicky Grossie, to launch an ebook Bezoni wrote called Belly Fat Free. With their shared knowledge, relentless work ethic and marketing prowess, it made over $2 million in the first 30 days.
I have nothing against these guys and am happy for their success. I also think that it's great that Huffpost publishes articles about successful social entrepreneurs.

It's just a shame Huffpost does a disservice to hopeful newbie entrepreneurs when they use such misleading headlines and completely miss the point of the decade-plus process that led to this event.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm more curious to know what "marketing prowess" they have that allows them to earn over $2 million in 30 days.
You still need time to build credibility and get the word out. To reach that amount of sales in 30 days, I assume that would be like you run FB ads, and sales start flooding in immediately non-stop for 30 straight days every second. That's almost like what's gonna happen when you discover a cure for cancer.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
From nothing more than a weight loss book... that is listed on Amazon and has just 9 reviews total (https://amzn.to/2zE7TGH)... yeah... something's fishy here.
Disclosure: The writer of this story has a financial relationship with BioTrust.

Shill article.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
getUnscripted.com

msufan

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 13, 2013
Disclosure: The writer of this story has a financial relationship with BioTrust.

Shill article.
This sort of thing is why people hate the media so much. I get that Huffington Post isn't exactly on anyone's A-list anyway, but this is brutal.

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver/Calgary)
hm guess they are shills,

learned about bio trust from a sales video i was studying & looked up they're site to look at the landing page & marketing

whether they are real or not its interesting to look at the sales & marketing tactics they use.

it looks very scammy to advertise ''we feed a hungry child with every purchase'' although it might be working.

regardless, id say its important to look up big companies and check out what strategies they use (lululemon/nike/apple etc) and compare it to your own

with my store the strategy has been to soft sell, although after looking into all the big name brands it seems as if hard selling is the way to go.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
From nothing more than a weight loss book... that is listed on Amazon and has just 9 reviews total (https://amzn.to/2zE7TGH)... yeah... something's fishy here.
Actually it might be true. The book was released in 2009, there's only hardcover on Amazon, and it doesn't even look like it was published by the publisher there (because of the low-quality photo of the cover and not the actual cover).

They might have sold it mostly through bookstores or perhaps it was actually a product launch and it has never been sold outside of their sales page (in this case, 2 million is possible with JVs and plenty of high-profile affiliates).

cy-

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
They might have sold it mostly through bookstores or perhaps it was actually a product launch and it has never been sold outside of their sales page (in this case, 2 million is possible with JVs and plenty of high-profile affiliates).
Working a lot with affiliates myself I am almost 100% sure that these guys grew it with Clickbank or a familiar network of size.

There are a lot o affiliates out there that can push these 'evergreen' products for the right price/conversion rate etc.

The thing though, is that the affiliates or more like the networks that has the affiliates, would want prepayment or weekly payments for their traffic, which means you either need funding or a really good cashflow.

So I doubt they were broke if this is the path they choose...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom