The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100M / 12 months

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yet another article that focuses on the event instead of the process. It didn't take them 12 months to hit $100 million in sales. Bezoni started at least 10 years ago:

Bezoni’s first attempt at starting an online business ended in complete financial disaster: he racked up $100,000 in personal credit card debt but hustled his way to a thriving online vitamin business. He eventually made enough to pay off the debt and business was good—until the U.S. economy melted down in 2009, when Bezoni’s business took a massive nosedive.

But yeah, let's use a clickbait headline that gives people false hope that they can hit $100 million in sales in a year with no prior experience.

And yeah, they were super broke when they started their supplement business (the headline says: "How Two Broke Guys"):

They worked together with two critical team members, Kim Eschner and Vicky Grossie, to launch an ebook Bezoni wrote called Belly Fat Free. With their shared knowledge, relentless work ethic and marketing prowess, it made over $2 million in the first 30 days.

I have nothing against these guys and am happy for their success. I also think that it's great that Huffpost publishes articles about successful social entrepreneurs.

It's just a shame Huffpost does a disservice to hopeful newbie entrepreneurs when they use such misleading headlines and completely miss the point of the decade-plus process that led to this event.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
It's just a shame Huffpost does a disservice to hopeful newbie entrepreneurs when they use such misleading headlines and completely miss the point of the decade-plus process that led to this event.
If those newbies consider HuffPost to be a legitimate news outlet then they had no chance anyway

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm more curious to know what "marketing prowess" they have that allows them to earn over $2 million in 30 days.
You still need time to build credibility and get the word out. To reach that amount of sales in 30 days, I assume that would be like you run FB ads, and sales start flooding in immediately non-stop for 30 straight days every second. That's almost like what's gonna happen when you discover a cure for cancer.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I'm more curious to know what "marketing prowess" they have that allows them to earn over $2 million in 30 days.

From nothing more than a weight loss book... that is listed on Amazon and has just 9 reviews total (https://amzn.to/2zE7TGH)... yeah... something's fishy here.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Disclosure: The writer of this story has a financial relationship with BioTrust.

Shill article.

This sort of thing is why people hate the media so much. I get that Huffington Post isn't exactly on anyone's A-list anyway, but this is brutal.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
hm guess they are shills,

learned about bio trust from a sales video i was studying & looked up they're site to look at the landing page & marketing

whether they are real or not its interesting to look at the sales & marketing tactics they use.

it looks very scammy to advertise ''we feed a hungry child with every purchase'' although it might be working.

regardless, id say its important to look up big companies and check out what strategies they use (lululemon/nike/apple etc) and compare it to your own

with my store the strategy has been to soft sell, although after looking into all the big name brands it seems as if hard selling is the way to go.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
This sort of thing is why people hate the media so much. I get that Huffington Post isn't exactly on anyone's A-list anyway, but this is brutal.

2018-01-04-resnica-vsa-resnica-in-nič-drugega-kot-resnica-81683.jpg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
From nothing more than a weight loss book... that is listed on Amazon and has just 9 reviews total (https://amzn.to/2zE7TGH)... yeah... something's fishy here.

Actually it might be true. The book was released in 2009, there's only hardcover on Amazon, and it doesn't even look like it was published by the publisher there (because of the low-quality photo of the cover and not the actual cover).

They might have sold it mostly through bookstores or perhaps it was actually a product launch and it has never been sold outside of their sales page (in this case, 2 million is possible with JVs and plenty of high-profile affiliates).

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
They might have sold it mostly through bookstores or perhaps it was actually a product launch and it has never been sold outside of their sales page (in this case, 2 million is possible with JVs and plenty of high-profile affiliates).

Working a lot with affiliates myself I am almost 100% sure that these guys grew it with Clickbank or a familiar network of size.

There are a lot o affiliates out there that can push these 'evergreen' products for the right price/conversion rate etc.

The thing though, is that the affiliates or more like the networks that has the affiliates, would want prepayment or weekly payments for their traffic, which means you either need funding or a really good cashflow.

So I doubt they were broke if this is the path they choose...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.