The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

I Faked My Way to the Top of Paris Fashion Week

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2017
New York City
Georgio Peviani took the fashionistas by storm, partying with A-Listers and selling his denim to Milan's most exclusive buyers. But the man doesn't actually exist... does he?

• A journalist working for VICE infiltrated Paris Fashion Week and was able to bring the spotlight to a knock-off brand.
  • This is hilarious, sad, and inspiring at the same time.
  • Imagine what you could do with the right mindset, guts, and hustle?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2018
Fashion is all about hype. My favorite story like this is a new designer that wanted to break into NYC Fashion Week, but renting an exhibit space cost way too much. They asked if they could get a permit to park a truck on the street throughout the event, to exhibit their new clothes. They were told absolutely not! Only film production companies can get a permit to park on the street! They then immediately filed a film permit for making the film, "Creation of a Fashion Brand." They parked their truck with the new clothes, had models standing around with empty film cameras, and got all the attention they wanted for their new brand!

OP
OP
MetalGear

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2017
New York City
Fashion is all about hype. My favorite story like this is a new designer that wanted to break into NYC Fashion Week, but renting an exhibit space cost way too much. They asked if they could get a permit to park a truck on the street throughout the event, to exhibit their new clothes. They were told absolutely not! Only film production companies can get a permit to park on the street! They then immediately filed a film permit for making the film, "Creation of a Fashion Brand." They parked their truck with the new clothes, had models standing around with empty film cameras, and got all the attention they wanted for their new brand!
That is an awesome and creative way to market something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom