What's new

Recent content by Jack Hammer

  1. J

    For those that are making money with AI, what tools are you using?

    - AI - 
    I've been using Codex and Claude Code to work on my product. It hasn't made me money yet, but it's about to. I just have to put out this new release I've been working on. It's enabled me to implement most of my wish list in a reasonable time frame. If I were coding it directly, I'd have to make...
  2. J

    Building in Public(ish) and Further (Painful) Lessons in the Commandment of Control

    EXECUTION 
    That's quite a hurdle to clear. Perhaps you can turn the platform itself into its own product.
  3. J

    Building in Public(ish) and Further (Painful) Lessons in the Commandment of Control

    EXECUTION 
    Is it really that hard to migrate course material from one platform to another? I haven't worked with them, but I wouldn't think so. The commandment of control is to not let your business' viability be dependent on the whims of one company. If one platform pulls the rug on you and you can switch...
  4. J

    Advice Needed: How to get over public humiliation?

    OFF-TOPIC 
    My little mind hack is to say, "Meh, he's just a biological neural network, and a buggy one at that". It dehumanizes him just enough that I no longer care what he thinks. It works for me anyway.
  5. J

    PayPal Alternatives

    No, my impression is Square is pretty similar to Stripe. I'll check it out, thanks!
  6. J

    PayPal Alternatives

    I'm worried about some questionable decisions PayPal has been making lately and am thinking I need an alternative. My business has customers all over the world, so I use both Stripe and PayPal. I'm not that Stripe alone will cover all my international customers. Are my fears overblown? Does...
  7. J

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Since everyone's talking about taxes, I'll float an idea I've had lately. Perhaps we should do away with all taxes and the government should simply print the money it needs. Inflation would be our tax. I'm sure economists can come up with a million different reasons that's a terrible idea, but...
  8. J

    14 y/o wanna-be-highschool(9th grade)- dropout.

    HOT! INTRO 
    Best of both worlds: Home school. You can probably go through the material in a few hours and have the rest of the day to do what you want. For socializing, be involved in youth sports or orchestra or whatever. If you invest $100 with 7% continuous compounding interest, how much money will you...
  9. J

    Marketing a product best suited for SEO

    MARKETING 
    To be honest, it's been a while since I've analyzed who my customers are and it seemed to be all over the place, albeit with a few discernable patterns. Perhaps now with several times more data, I should give it another shot and list out the top industries and roles in search of new patterns.
  10. J

    Marketing a product best suited for SEO

    MARKETING 
    Hmmm... I'll have to look more into the look alike audiences. I also like the idea of targeting those who search for my competitors. I'm guessing those terms would be cheap, but I'll research it.
  11. J

    Marketing a product best suited for SEO

    MARKETING 
    Thanks, I'll consider each of those. I can say it's desktop software and it's boring and pragmatic. My customers are about an even mix between individuals and businesses. They tend to be more technical. If you ever become an Insider, I keep a progress thread there.
  12. J

    Marketing a product best suited for SEO

    MARKETING 
    I have a small business that gets most of its customers through SEO and the rest through word of mouth. I'm currently doing no marketing. The reason is I don't know who to target exactly. My customer base covers virtually every industry and a wide variety of roles. However, across that wide...
  13. J

    I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17 to 19

    HOT! FTE SAAS / APPS EXECUTION 
    Who would compile and moderate it? Paid employees? Have you considered setting up a market where anyone could compile these summaries, get paid for each download, and a rating system could be the quality control? Perhaps you can charge by the book rather than a flat monthly fee, or have both...
  14. J

    I will log every day on my journey from <$1000 to $1M+ from 17 to 19

    HOT! FTE SAAS / APPS EXECUTION 
    So it's like an automatic Cliff's notes generator? Do you know how to develop such an algorithm? Who would use it? How would you reach them? Any copyright issues? Sorry, lots of questions, but I'm curious.
  15. J

    Translation as a course, dumb or smart?

    Going through C, E, and N: C- Control depends on the platform for your lessons. You could hire a developer to make a website with user login and self-hosted videos if you wanted. It depends on how much effort and money you're willing to invest up front. E- Your knowledge in the field has been...
Back
Top Bottom