What's new

Recent content by Canadoz

  1. C

    Finding Product Ideas by Mining Customer Pain Points

    IDEA 
    Just a note about this. We all have pain points. For example, sometimes I can't get YouTube on my TV between 8pm and 9pm because internet traffic is so heavy. That's a pain point which I've done absolutely nothing to resolve because it's not painful enough. I can live without YouTube for an...
  2. C

    What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

    NOTABLE! HOT! CHAT EXECUTION 
    Back in the early days of SEO when it was very very niche. I came across an search engine optimisation expert who also owned a hosting company. This interested me greatly because I knew, that back then at least, success in SEO was very much correlated to good backlinks. A cursory glance at his...
  3. C

    Maybe showing your face is an indirect barrier to entry

    MARKETING 
    I agree. Every flier I get in my door from real estate agents and politicians - they all use faces on their leaflets. I put my face on one of my websites for the first time ever - because as a buyer - believe me a face is a important and doubly so no because of the AI slop trend.
  4. C

    25 y/o guy from Germany - from years of "Wantrepreneurship" and getting laid off to finally taking this seriously

    INTRO 
    You can also get caught out by the Hoover (vacuum cleaner) Police. Fancy a bit of a clean-up in your apartment after 10pm? - > VERBOTEN. Disturbing the peace. :) (not from Germany but this is what I've heard, it could be BS though)
  5. C

    My B2B Sales Learnings from 2025...

    MARKETING 
    I'm sure it's possible that some B2B sales happen without calls...for example, an app aimed at a very technical audience. And I'm sure people don't have to phone Microsoft to buy a subscription to 365. But, in the main, I notice that B2B customers have to be courted. Its a totally different...
  6. C

    My B2B Sales Learnings from 2025...

    MARKETING 
    1) Gatekeepers - Treat dealing with them as a game and it make it much easier. Lesson: Treat gatekeeper the same way as you talking to that random person queuing for a beer on a Saturday afternoon. Light-hearted and not too serious. Your results will be better. 2) Do not try to sell on the...
  7. C

    Stock Market Discussion, Chat About the Latest Market Action

    HOT! CHAT 
    But I think the question on everyone's mind is: will Hooters survive this apocalypse?
  8. C

    Here is one golden rule of sales...

    MARKETING 
    Absolutely agree. Good questions essentially get to show up prospects the stupidity (sorry for that word) of their thinking. And I use the word stupidity because some prospects will come up with very silly reasons for doing / not doing something. The trick is shining a light on this, in a...
  9. C

    Here is one golden rule of sales...

    MARKETING 
    Sales will be critical to your success in most business areas. One thing I've learnt is this: Never ever try to sell by TELLING people anything. I've ruined many a potential sale by this technique. It DOES NOT WORK.... The only proven way you can "turn around"a prospect is by asking them...
  10. C

    Service Price Negotiation Service

    IDEA 
    Great business idea. However I can see a service in the not so distant future where you upload all your domestic bills to a AI-powered cloud service and it makes the recommendations. But in my book, the human still has the edge here. Because once you know the ins-and-outs of the tricky...
  11. C

    How to not rely on external validation?

    MINDSET 
    Excellent post. When you think about it MOST of these social media platforms are all fueled by people looking for external validation. And, if you speak to any people who work for these social media companies, they will all tell you that they rely on this "validation" factor. And it works...
  12. C

    How did Gary Halbert get sales figures for products?

    MARKETING 
    For SaaS solutions, you might be able to extrapolate sales volume of certain software applications via the number of reviews. (This might not be accurate but could also be very accurate...)
  13. C

    Can my Ecom store for new parents survive in 2025?

    MARKETING 
    That might be one way to beat Amazon, alright!
  14. C

    Can my Ecom store for new parents survive in 2025?

    MARKETING 
    That's a very tricky position OP. New parents are often exhausted. This makes Amazon a very attractive offer. However, a few years ago, I read a study that said new parents also become very environmentally aware. Some parents have an environmental awakening because they realise they're...
  15. C

    The weird 'trick' I taught a 6-year-old (that gets you more sales)

    MARKETING 
    This approach does not work...sorry. I'll tell you a harsh truth...buyers chew these types of sellers up. You won't read that in a business book...because publishers know that printing this in black and white would turn off the prospective customers (of their sales books). In the cold light of...
Back
Top Bottom