What's new

Recent content by UK_Mike

  1. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Try giving them £10.20 when they've asked for £9.20 - even that can cause some of them to pause while trying to work out what the 20p coin is for, or just give me 80p in small change and my 20p coin back when the whole point was to just get a single coin back. Most of the POS systems I see asks...
  2. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    There's an equal problem with people listing stuff on FB marketplace and then not taking the listing down after the item is sold. "Is this still available" is the default first message, so I'd always change the text to at least make it look like I haven't just picked it and am prepared to put a...
  3. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    I wonder if that has any actual Lamborghini parts on it, other than the badge on the front. I don't recall the details, but I think I expected that MJs was a newer Lamborghini.
  4. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Indeed, I remember when we first started dealing from the UK directly with a supplier in California because I was the guy who had to stay late at work if we needed to phone and ask them a question, and I remember how great it was when we first got a fax machine so I could write my questions down...
  5. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Oh, I wonder if that's where the stereotype of Americans cutting all their food up as soon as it arrives, comes from. If I remember correctly it was a behaviour highlighted on the well-known seventies documentary "Fawlty Towers", maybe it's not really a thing.
  6. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Back in my day, it was Bill Gates that no-one could ever surpass, though I don't know whether Elon "wins" because Bill gave so much away. Maybe someone will take over from Elon. It probably won't be me, but then with that attitude, of course it won't. But it might be one of the rest of you.
  7. U

    The music/bands/concerts chat thread: What's moving you?

    CHAT 
    I've been listening to The Stranglers for quite a few decades now, and while they've lost some original band members through the years (Hugh Cornwell (vocals, guitar) left in 1990, Dave Greenfield (keyboards) died in 2020 and Jet Black (drums) in 2022, they're still putting out new material and...
  8. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Are you using it the "right way up"?* Most of the torque wrenches I've used (which is not that many, as I don't use them enough to need to replace them, and none of them came from Amazon) only release when you're turning them the correct way, which is marked on the body with an arrow, mine says...
  9. U

    Should I buy the car? (I did, then sold it)

    HOT! IDEA 
    If you've already paid the down payment ($35k) isn't it a bit too late to ask? Or can you get that back if the overwhelming opinion is "No, what were you thinking"? :) Maybe I'm just in your second category, but I'd want that cost price to be a small fraction of my available cash. What's it...
  10. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    I read that the meat-free burgers, sausages and so on are aimed at people who cannot eat meat for whatever reason, not at those who have chosen not to.
  11. U

    Dead People: The Good Folks Who Have Left Us...

    OFF-TOPIC CHAT 
    Tom Lehrer, satirist and mathematician, at 97. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY
  12. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    For the cost of these things compared to the cost to the business, it's a bit surprising that there isn't a spare one sat in the back room ready to plug in. I was wondering why none of the staff members offered to put the sales through on their own mobile just to help the customers out, but of...
  13. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    I have similar issues with online "contact us" forms - I've filled in two in the last couple of weeks, one sent an acknowledgement email, the other didn't. Neither has responded further, never mind actually replied to the question I asked, both were about how I can spend some money with them...
  14. U

    Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

    NOTABLE! MINDSET 
    Hell, that's a lot. Is that mainly because of the school holiday premium? I'm massively out of touch with holiday costs because I don't really do them, but it's something I'm starting to think about and £2k each seems a lot. I also get what you mean about the down when you come back, and I think...
  15. U

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Click on your account name in the top right corner of the screen, and it'll open the "Account details" screen, then in the left menu you'll see: But I'm a different type of member to you, so maybe it's different for you.
Back
Top Bottom