What's new

Recent content by Two Dog

  1. Two Dog

    The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Random Chat Thread...

    CHAT - AI - 
    OTOH, I have some extremely positive things to say about progress with Claude. Of course, it too has its rough edges, but overall it's been pretty amazing. The codebase migration project I'm working through now was estimated at 6 - 9 months for one dev. All those kinds of estimates are usually...
  2. Two Dog

    The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Random Chat Thread...

    CHAT - AI - 
    I'm becoming more and more underwhelmed with ChatGPT over the past few months. Usage limits, website performance is awful, getting your data out is intentionally difficult. The artwork was largely unusable. Even getting this simple invoice updated was hopeless. After 6 - 7 attempts (including...
  3. Dysen Plumbing bathroom faucets.pdf

    Dysen Plumbing bathroom faucets.pdf

  4. Two Dog

    The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Random Chat Thread...

    CHAT - AI - 
    I already need AI just to figure out what I'm spending on AI. :rofl: Brutal learning curve for dev work when you're really pushing the envelope. Standard biz analysis stuff is easy. If you have a lot of dev experience, you'll quickly start seeing the limitations of Claude et. al. after...
  5. Two Dog

    Human Longevity Breakthroughs, Resources, and Websites

    NOTABLE! CHAT 
    "Movimiento es vida" ~ Brad Pitt, World War Z Of course, he meant it a bit differently, but still meaningful. My own life slogan has long been "Comfort kills."
  6. Two Dog

    Human Longevity Breakthroughs, Resources, and Websites

    NOTABLE! CHAT 
    I saw this really cool concept presented at maybe a TedX talk several years ago. It's on YT. Longevity researcher with a ZZ Top beard. Not the world's best presenter, but an intriguing concept which is probably true. Basically. he says that aging will be solved in progressive jumps. Like all...
  7. Two Dog

    How Sales Is Casually 22xing My Income [Thank you Fastlane!]

    GOLD! HOT! EXECUTION 
    Make a poster of this and stick it above your desk. Convincing dinosaurs to become gazelles is endlessly depressing and frustrating. About every 2 - 3 years, I get the bug to work at a "job job" for various reasons. Structure, social interactions, scale of impact, motivation, group dynamics...
  8. Two Dog

    ChatGPT AI is a huge breakthrough, a Google killer

    - AI - 
    The quiz is a clever idea. First time I've heard that suggestion for back checking what you learned. I'm hardly an anti-AI person. I'm a "Don't rely blindly on shiny new tech that might do stupid shit" kind of person. Like the two guys caught sleeping in the back seat of a Tesla doing 70MPH on...
  9. Two Dog

    Passive Income Dream Come True, Only Took 5 Years of Hard Work

    GOLD! EXECUTION 
    Absolutely true. It took years for my software company to reach that point. It's an interesting challenge. On one side, that's the holy grail for every FIRE type person. Just watch the money appear in your account. OTOH, I completely messed up by basically ignoring the business entirely...
  10. Two Dog

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Yeah, I'm getting to be pretty old, but automats are still *long* before I was born. I love all those retro business ideas.
  11. Two Dog

    Passive Income Dream Come True, Only Took 5 Years of Hard Work

    GOLD! EXECUTION 
    Great story! Congratulations on becoming a successful small business owner ala The E-Myth. Mostly writing this for other people thinking along the same lines... I don't think owning any small business is really passive income, especially when employees are involved. It's different than having...
  12. Two Dog

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Turning customer service into a DIY experience has always irritated me, but what's old is new again. Did Habit Burger look anything like this? :mad: https://www.vintag.es/2022/06/automat.html
  13. automat-2.webp

    automat-2.webp

  14. Two Dog

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Yeah, I gave Dr. Dave six minutes out of sheer curiosity. The first four minutes are hawking his books followed by the next two minutes saying things like "The government has been using this same deceptive ploy for over a century...", "The states have never granted the federal government..."...
  15. Two Dog

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    I'm pretty sure they meant it as a tool for you to quickly deploy websites to future clients, not as a hack for them to deploy themselves. Everything you wrote is true plus the real purpose of a website is for marketing purposes. It should predictably increase revenues, etc. If potential...
Back
Top Bottom