What's new

Recent content by Supa

  1. Supa

    The Anthropic Researcher Who Quit Over AI Fears Isn’t the Only One Sounding Alarm Bells: ‘Things Could Be Out of Control Next Year’

    NEWS 
    I don't know man. This guy's Tweet went viral. Many people - in the AI sector but in general as well - share his concerns. So people are interested in what he has to say. Talkshows invite him to talk about this in more depth. People watch it because they want to know what he has to say. Not...
  2. Supa

    Ready for the fastlane

    INTRO 
    Welcome back!
  3. Supa

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    What if you picked a business that can’t fail? As in a business that even if you don’t make a cent from it, it delivered value. Even if just to you. That’s one think I like about building something that I would want to use. There’s a real and personal why to it, that can help a lot through hard...
  4. Supa

    Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

    NOTABLE! MINDSET 
    Also, seasonal depression is a real thing and vitamin d affects us. In the end it's probably a very individual thing where if someone does not get affected much from dark and cold winter months - great for them - but that doesn't mean others won't as well. Of course we can still try to make the...
  5. Supa

    The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Random Chat Thread...

    CHAT - AI - 
    Amazing and terrifying at the same time. Imagine the helpful usecases - but also all the misuse potential.
  6. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    We can even go on with other numbers. Since a sense of security is probably one of the biggest factors in being happy with where you live, here are some numbers on homicides in Europe: per 100,000 inhabitants Switzerland - 0.50 Italy - 0.57 Netherlands - 0.66 Poland - 0.68 Spain - 0.73 Sweden -...
  7. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    That's a great way to describe it.
  8. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Yeah, the problem is that it’s still different countries all with their own laws and regulations. What I meant with difficult to start is all the bureaucracy you have to go through and fees you have to pay to form a company. Starting without a registered company is easy though.
  9. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    I know that that’s a narrative about the EU that’s shared in the US. As someone living here I can tell you, from my point of view, that’s not the lived experience of anyone I know. It’s more difficult to start a business here, that’s true, most of it due to outdated bureaucracy in many...
  10. Supa

    The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

    HOT! CHAT 
    Just looked it up, here taxes start at 14% and go up to a max of 45% depending on income and tax type.
  11. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    But that could also be a great advantage we as Fastlaners in Europe have: in the US entrepreneurship is way more common than here. So there are a lot less people to share a market with.
  12. Supa

    The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

    HOT! CHAT 
    Yeah, I remember when I started driving in 2010 gas here in Germany was around 1.30€ ($1.48 today) per liter. But for the last years 1.80€ ($2.06) upwards is the new normal (currently 2.40€ or $2.73). Median net income here is around 2,300€ ($2,600) per month.
  13. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Some good news, this time specifically about cancer. View: https://youtu.be/oMs6Zdr-QmE?is=f4sYBRli288FScvp
  14. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    This highly highly depends by the form of therapy and the therapist. Which is why I would first look for what therapy form has the best evidence that it helps with depression and then go “therapist-shopping”, do one or two sessions with one and only stay with one who you feel good with. Just...
  15. Supa

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    There’s nothing to cringe about suffering. Fighting 7 years like that must be incredibly exhausting. I don’t know if I have any answers for you, but some things I’d like to say. First, and maybe most importantly, that feeling that nothing does or will ever matter or get better is a core...
Back
Top Bottom