What's new

Recent content by Sleepless

  1. S

    Intro + 6-month YouTube monetization challenge

    EXECUTION INTRO 
    Happy Friday... I've been sick with covid for the last two weeks. I've now realized what it's like to be sick, living on your own and without a car. The motivation to get groceries and other necessities truly drops to zero... I thought it would make for a boring post to update with being sick...
  2. S

    Intro + 6-month YouTube monetization challenge

    EXECUTION INTRO 
    Week 2 It's Friday once again, and just like I predicted the week flew by so fast I'm starting to get anxious about it. I'm in the thick of animating and doing the most creatively demanding work, which turns out, is harder to pump out than repetitive or monotone tasks like sorting your files...
  3. S

    Intro + 6-month YouTube monetization challenge

    EXECUTION INTRO 
    I can't say it's the same thing he does but I would assume it is similar on a production/"effort" level. I appreciate the perspective but I don't think that's true at all. "Being good in the YouTube game" often leads to channels focusing on uploading often, leading to a channel filled with...
  4. S

    Intro + 6-month YouTube monetization challenge

    EXECUTION INTRO 
    Week 1 Happy Friday (Saturday)... in some time zone... somewhere... probably not. I got flow working on a video and stayed up late, woke up in the early hours in my desk chair. All I can say is that I'm lucky I didn't hit a key to close down all of my unsaved work in my sleep. My sore neck is...
  5. S

    Going to school for a trade vs. marketing

    OFF-TOPIC 
    I never know how seriously to take job entry requirements, but it doesn't look like I could get many of the marketing jobs with no prior education/experience. There are a lot of listings for internships but they are all unpaid, so while I could be racking up a lot of valuable experience I don't...
  6. S

    Going to school for a trade vs. marketing

    OFF-TOPIC 
    You make a great case for anybody to consider trades, that's for sure haha. Working on any business typically entails a lot of desk/computer work so the change of pace in working with your hands is a definite plus. Most trades being male-dominated is a bit daunting to be honest, but as long as...
  7. S

    Going to school for a trade vs. marketing

    OFF-TOPIC 
    Thanks a lot for your input! I actually started out looking at marketing-related job listings in just my city and there are a ton, which surprised me. I don't live in the U.S so that might be why the competition/demand is skewed. But it's true - you can turn a trade into the basis of your...
  8. S

    Going to school for a trade vs. marketing

    OFF-TOPIC 
    Since I'm young (20) with little knowledge and no slowlane to pivot from, I was thinking it might be a good idea to get some skills under my belt. I could stock shelves until I make something work for me on the side but that might not be wise. Where I live tuition is free, and there are these...
  9. S

    Intro + 6-month YouTube monetization challenge

    EXECUTION INTRO 
    Thank you! That's a good idea, though I'd prefer to focus on building this one thing first and improve my skills before I sell anything. A great thing about doing YouTube is that you have to wear a lot of hats at once, so regardless if I succeed with this or not I think I'll come out with more...
  10. S

    Intro + 6-month YouTube monetization challenge

    EXECUTION INTRO 
    Hello, I've only read around a little bit on the forum so far, but it's been such an insightful read already. I enjoy the honest but helpful sort of air that seems to permeate the threads. But I know myself, and before I give into the bad habit of soaking up every newfound fountain of knowledge...
  11. S

    I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

    GOLD! HOT! 
    Filled me with enough existential dread (the good kind) to last me a lifetime. Great read!
Back
Top Bottom