What's new

Recent content by Samuel_Maverick

  1. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    First client engagement ended just after 4 months. delivered everything as outlined in my initial proposal and got a really good result, but the expectations started to get out of control and i lost control of the process, then went way past my scope of works without charging. ended up working...
  2. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    Updates. Currently doing a pilot project with a big financial tech company in the US. Dealing with the VP of sales and he has given me a problem to solve. I'm figuring this out and also deciding if I will charge for it or not. they are a billion + in revenue so i probably should charge...
  3. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    Update. Coming into the 5th month with my current client. they are complaining a lot and have unreasonable expectations, i simply can't give them what they want now. I need to work with smaller companies that have shorter sales cycles and are already making sales. not huge companies with...
  4. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    You essentially generate and then facilitate commercial transactions between tech companies. Deal sizes range from five figures to seven figures depending on what you sell. it involves a lot of cold calling, social outbound and professional networking. Strategic outbound into targeted...
  5. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    Update. Since last posting I have purchased a small agency, this pays for my food each month and has allowed me to experience MRR + handling clients. lots of problem solving and new skills I have had to develop. I have also formed a consulting business and white labelled a SaaS that is an...
  6. S

    Bad enough decisions lead to physical suffering.

    SOURCING 
    Something that's always helped me is doing this. Take a pen and paper. Coffee. Turn your phone off. Write "The Exact Life I Am Creating" on a piece of paper. Then list out in dot points your vision for what you need and believe you can have in the next 6 months. The key point there is need...
  7. S

    Bad enough decisions lead to physical suffering.

    SOURCING 
    You sound like you're in a bad place. But posting your depression here won't fix anything. I'd try to be grateful for the smallest things and take baby steps from there. Write down the first thing you can do to start moving forward. Stay away from alcohol, bad food, etc etc. Sit in your...
  8. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    Bali can be amazing or it can be a nightmare. I've got the coolest setup currently and live here: Parq Ubud – The city of the future Everything streamlined. Meat delivery. Sauna and gym downstairs. Good apartment. It's the perfect environment for working and being creative. A lot of ballers...
  9. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    Thanks for the welcome back MJ, and the kind words everyone else.
  10. S

    Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

    INTRO 
    Hey everyone. My name is Maverick Brenton. I first joined here back when I was 18 years old and I'm 26 now. Lost my old user details and just created a new account, it's been a long time since coming here. MJ's work always had a profound impact on me and has helped me avoid making bad...
Back
Top Bottom