What's new

Recent content by RightyTighty

  1. RightyTighty

    What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

    NOTABLE! HOT! BOOKS CHAT 
    Just read “The Psychology of Money” and “The Art of Spending Money”, both by Morgan Housel. These are excellent books and should be required reading for every young person, especially those considering entrepreneurship.
  2. RightyTighty

    Audio vs physical books - my small epiphany

    BOOKS STORY 
    I have found I do better with audio books, but only on car trips where is continuity. I travel alone a fair amount so it works for me. An Audible subscription mostly matches my listening rate. I can readily jump forward through portions with too much minutiae and skip non-applicable chapters...
  3. RightyTighty

    Anyone else get 3am ideas?

    FEEDBACK 
    This. If it doesn’t go in my phone it is gone. The running list is long, time to dump it in the permanent spreadsheet.
  4. RightyTighty

    Hired my first "team" with OpenClaw.. Wow!

    - AI - 
    Excellent stuff. This is the most direct overview of “Agents for Idiots” I’ve seen. Should be required reading for all of us pedestrian AI users considering injecting agents into our business workflow.
  5. RightyTighty

    Physical product still not validated. Throw out the perfectionism?

    MARKETING FEEDBACK 
    Does it have IP potential? If you can/want to file a patent, you have to be careful about validation vs disclosure. As far as selling 3D printed versions, heck yeah, it’s done every day. @NIK4658 does this with his electronic product. If it’s durable enough and solves a problem people don't...
  6. RightyTighty

    I'm In A Pothole & Requesting Directions!

    HOT! MINDSET 
    Someone needs to say it: Start making better decisions. You live at home (I’m assuming parents’ home), are expecting a child, and own two vehicles and a timeshare. Time to leave the sidewalk and man up. Back to the job is a good start. Divest yourself of theTesla and timeshare (there are ways)...
  7. RightyTighty

    How to turn a Physical Product into Fastlane business?

    IDEA 
    A few comments after looking at your comments and your website: - Competitor products for sell online range from $6 to $90, including some that have segments for adjustment. - If someone is selling a truly equivalent product for 15x your price and you're not converting there are a ton of issues...
  8. RightyTighty

    FLF Search Engine Problem

    @MJ DeMarco, when I do a search (simple or advanced) only posts with the search term in the title are returned, even if the "search titles only" box isn't checked. This appears to be a glitch.
  9. RightyTighty

    Struggling with the "employee mindset"

    IDEA FEEDBACK RANT 
    My first reaction is that you are a potential Unicorn - an employee with a sense of agency who has managerial abilities. It is one of the most difficult resources for a small business owner to find. They all want one so they can go on vacation (or just home for lunch) without worying. Such...
  10. RightyTighty

    Alibaba Vendor Vetting With Chatgpt

    SOURCING - AI - 
    No, but I’m going to start!
  11. RightyTighty

    Alibaba Vendor Vetting With Chatgpt

    SOURCING - AI - 
    Instead of wading through tons of Alibaba vendors to make sure they are manufacturers and meet all of the vetting criteria, I’ve been getting chatgpt to do it for me. Typical prompt goes something like this: List Alibaba manufacturers who are capable of full customization to manufacture OEM...
  12. RightyTighty

    Coffee/Vending machines?

    IDEA 
    Hell, why not. I read the other day about an app for sharing your toilet, similar to Uber. You could route the serial killers and needle junkies through the kitchen and upsell them a latte.
  13. RightyTighty

    Provisional vs nonprovisional from the new guy

    INTRO 
    There aren’t a lot of inventors on FLF, which is understandable. The road is long and there is so much to learn in order to successfully bring a product to market. It sounds like you plan to venture instead of licensing. That’s good; there are almost no scenarios in which licensing will lead you...
  14. RightyTighty

    Progress of my plumbing company: Now $35K/mo...

    GOLD! SCALING EXECUTION 
    Subcontracting is a brutal way to make a living. It sounds like service work would be more to your liking. Have you looked into doing only service work with prescriptive pricing? ChatGPT tells me it is not common in the Netherlands, and it can be extremely lucrative. All typical work (changing...
  15. RightyTighty

    Sales to the elderly challenge

    MARKETING 
    As a boomer I can tell you that @Kevin88660 is probably spot on (though Israeli culture might be different). While lots of older folks are unable/don’t want to pay for anything, there is a sizeable segment who will pay whatever is asked for quality service. But they are savvy. Look them in the...
Back
Top Bottom