What's new

Recent content by RicardoGrande

  1. RicardoGrande

    Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas Fastlane Meetup.

    HOT! MEETUPS 
    Same, I'm petered out on meetups/networking this week, but looking forward to the next one!
  2. RicardoGrande

    Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas Fastlane Meetup.

    HOT! MEETUPS 
    Ah, were we still doing quarterly? I thought it was 2x year for some reason.
  3. RicardoGrande

    "How do you die after being #1... having captured the entire market?" - Dollar Shave Club, a business' lifecycle, and piss-poor planning

    SCALING 
    I'd like for a responsible/traditional capitalism to make a return mainly so I don't have to hear about P/E nuking businesses, nor word of concepts such as "finding (and extorting) your tribe" or linkedin girl bosses spouting off about "making raving fans" in regards to mid-size tax...
  4. RicardoGrande

    "How do you die after being #1... having captured the entire market?" - Dollar Shave Club, a business' lifecycle, and piss-poor planning

    SCALING 
    This is the main driver IMO, almost every single industry has now turned to rent-seeking and M&A playbooks for slaughtering local businesses and wearing them like skinsuits (people with whom I have worked with and M&A professionals who I know mind you) are doing a number on the economy. Two...
  5. RicardoGrande

    "How do you die after being #1... having captured the entire market?" - Dollar Shave Club, a business' lifecycle, and piss-poor planning

    SCALING 
    Ya know, I agree in part but on the other hand one can find fault in those: Starbucks: Not only is overpriced but sucks, using robusta-only bean blends that smell like farts and cake pops are 3$ each atp McDonalds: A double quarter pounder meal is 18$ now, used to be 6.47$ when I was in college...
  6. RicardoGrande

    "How do you die after being #1... having captured the entire market?" - Dollar Shave Club, a business' lifecycle, and piss-poor planning

    SCALING 
    Interestingly enough back during the depression they'd sell doo-hickeys that could re-sharpen safety razor blades (1), but after the economy picked back up they went back to being so disposable that in old building rooms like dorms or hotels you can find razor slots in the walls that pile them...
  7. 1786078185317.webp

    1786078185317.webp

  8. RicardoGrande

    "How do you die after being #1... having captured the entire market?" - Dollar Shave Club, a business' lifecycle, and piss-poor planning

    SCALING 
    Thought about sticking this in the random chat thread but IMO there's too much juice here to let this get lost amongst the hundreds of pages. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ExeVMzuqk So, we've all seen brands live and die within our lifetimes, you can probably take a quick peek in...
  9. 1786054851349.webp

    1786054851349.webp

  10. RicardoGrande

    How My 19-Year-Old Son Built an $8K Web Design Business in 60 Days

    GOLD! WEB DESIGN 
    It's crazy, I've always liked networking mainly for the exposure and awareness ("My client does septic tanks, I wonder if I can network with truck/chemical suppliers? Oh wow they know a LOT of people I can work with!") and random people I'll have had one intro zoom call with a year ago will...
  11. RicardoGrande

    How My 19-Year-Old Son Built an $8K Web Design Business in 60 Days

    GOLD! WEB DESIGN 
    This is for @DougRMR but when I hit "reply" I get a bajillion site errors for some reason lol: Check your ad campaign delivery settings and make sure they're ONLY set to fb/isnta and that "partner audience" networks is unchecked. I accidentally burned 1,000$ my first go-around running ads for...
  12. RicardoGrande

    How My 19-Year-Old Son Built an $8K Web Design Business in 60 Days

    GOLD! WEB DESIGN 
    Yeah that was one of the first changes I made to combat bots, ended up with 4 questions that help me filter off the bat and know what I'm walking into which has helped.
  13. RicardoGrande

    How My 19-Year-Old Son Built an $8K Web Design Business in 60 Days

    GOLD! WEB DESIGN 
    I find these metrics really interesting, granted, I had to hone in my allowed placements audiences so I'd stop getting spam/bot clicks (they were 84% of my leads at one point, random #s of 80 year olds in oklahoma and arkansas) but even with my special targeting I'm lucky to get roughly 40$pl...
  14. RicardoGrande

    Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas Fastlane Meetup.

    HOT! MEETUPS 
    Just the DFW business-oriented boys hanging out, talking about what we've learned, and where we're going. Great catching up with y'all.
  15. 1781406251991.webp

    1781406251991.webp

Back
Top Bottom