What's new

Recent content by Nurwing

  1. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    A non-profit in Australia just bought lifetime membership access! Another confirmation signal that we're on the right track. They landed on one of the improved product pages and from there checked out the membership options. Then they had a good look at the product catalogue and after 10...
  2. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    Checkout page is improved, with a push to the membership trial on the page itself. Pinterest is now semi-automated. Working on updating more older product pages. Using AI to easily improve white and color balance of photos and videos. Looks a lot more professional. Plenty to do :)
  3. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    The website seems to be converting at a better rate than before. Individual sales are happening, and the membership option is also converting. Still on the list is to have a hard look at the checkout page and improve the after-sales follow up mail flow for both individual sales and memberships.
  4. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    No, I haven't considered another builder plugin. All my products pages are handled with the same custom template at the moment. There's a handful of static info pages. AI is doing the job at the moment of delivering the look I want. If I need something more user-friendly I will check out Bricks...
  5. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    I'm doing basically the same thing without a plugin. It is indeed much faster if payment processing scripts are not running on non-checkout pages! :D
  6. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    Now fully live with my own WP theme. Plugins are getting stripped one by one. Page speeds are green across the board. Happy days.
  7. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    A lot has changed in the past few days. During the speed optimization I got to the point where I was limited by the way the WP theme was set up. That made it not-fun. I needed more control. - I was cutting away at parts of the WP theme to make it load better. - I was adjusting and adding my own...
  8. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    More progress: - improved the membership sales landing page with clearer content - improved the product catalogue search page - improved website loading speed - added extra products to cover more holidays/seasons/themes. This will ensure I can send regular mails to members to point them to the...
  9. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    Was contacted by a large broadcasting network about using one of my products. They wanted physical items for an event they are hosting. I gave them a rough estimate but pointed out that them buying the commercial license option for the digital product would be a better fit. Whatever they...
  10. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    Over half a year has passed. The work continues. - I've cleaned up a lot of the existing catalogue of products, updated them and improved them. Still ongoing. - I've learned how to take good videos of the products and how to create 10-second promo videos in DaVinci Resolve. - I'm getting...
  11. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    I'm not saying the need to submit your figures is fear-mongering. I'm saying that these merchant of record companies are fear-mongering. If you take a look at their marketing and their value offer, they really make sure you feel incapable of doing your digital taxes without them. The...
  12. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    EDD did an update this summer to make EU taxes easier. I investigated merchant of record options as well. Found it to be a lot of fear mongering.
  13. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    I know it's technically possible. My needs: - multiple license options per products - free product offers with mail funnel - membership options for full access, with trial option - customer dashboards that clearly display their owned products - website display customizations based on customer...
  14. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    Interesting that everyone is trying to move me to shopify. I did mention several times being perfectly happy with my current setup of WP and Easy Digital Downloads. Nobody here is selling digital products and using this particular setup? I did lots of research before starting the website. EDD...
  15. Nurwing

    How do you decide whether to suck it up and learn to code or to rely on outside help to customize WordPress E-commerce website?

    HOT! QUESTION 
    Apology accepted. I understand that I have not made many posts before, and probably come across as a newbie in this space. I don't deny that I have a lot to learn. An interesting update: the custom development work is going well. The agreed changes were implemented quickly and to the right...
Back
Top Bottom