What's new

Recent content by MichaelCottam

  1. MichaelCottam

    Got knocked down...but I got up again

    INTRO 
    I'd had a number of small business ventures during/after college, but my first big one, with major investors (otherwise known as DILUTION! LOL) was a honeymoon travel company I started called TheBigDay, in 2000. Grew that up to nice little revenues, and in summer of 2008, sold it to a much...
  2. MichaelCottam

    Copywriting / SEO Articles and ChatGPT - Is it possible to get customers anymore?

    SIDE HUSTLE QUESTION 
    I MOSTLY agree with you here. But I would say that for some of the content, it does a decent job of the wordsmithing. Yeah, you still need to go back over and do some heavy-handed editing, remove repetitive phrases (ChatGPT LOVES to say "It's important to note that...."), and tweak the tone a...
  3. MichaelCottam

    Copywriting / SEO Articles and ChatGPT - Is it possible to get customers anymore?

    SIDE HUSTLE QUESTION 
    Great points, Andy. SO MUCH press is focused on "can ChatGPT replace this", when really it's more like a chainsaw. Sure, it's POSSIBLE to create a piece of furniture with JUST the chainsaw, but in general, it's just one of the tools you'll use along the way. Hey, I grew up in a logging town...
Back
Top Bottom