What's new

Recent content by Len_1590

  1. Len_1590

    Introducing me - Len, 32, London

    INTRO 
    16/08/23 Update Firstly, thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussions from my last update. There was a lot to think about and I've spent some time deliberating, debating and questioning my options and what everyone here said. That being said, I have very little to update on so this...
  2. Len_1590

    heavy_industry Q3 health improvement

    HOT! HEALTH 
    Improvement of 25% in the number of days adhered to diet. I'd take a 25% improvement in any area of my life!!! Keep the improvements coming
  3. Len_1590

    heavy_industry Q3 health improvement

    HOT! HEALTH 
    I have always been a bigger fan of negative splitting and finishing strong, than starting strong and fading at the end. You've got this! 9 weeks to go!
  4. Len_1590

    Introducing me - Len, 32, London

    INTRO 
    I would like some clarification on a couple of points to get my head in the right space. The main takeaway I have from the above is to focus on actuarial work. Aim for steady incremental gains in that field to become an expert. While becoming an expert, look for opportunities to skill...
  5. Len_1590

    Restriction & Binge Eating: How do I accept I should lose weight in a longer period of time?

    RANT HEALTH 
    This may or may not help but it completely changed the way I see nutrition and fitness, and I've seen my best results since. Focus on feeling good, having energy, and improving consistently at some physical activity you enjoy. Example, I love running, I run 5-7 times a week. My performance...
  6. Len_1590

    Introducing me - Len, 32, London

    INTRO 
    Thank you everyone for your comments, messages and reactions. I appreciate the community feel that has come along with people being open and being constructive. This is great advice and a great example. I am worried I end up action faking life, coming up with 5-10 options, and a year has...
  7. Len_1590

    Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

    GOLD! HOT! CHAT 
    Yeah this is very me. I'm often reminded of Jim Kwik's saying "Knowledge isn't power, it's potential power. It only becomes power when you use it." I feel like I've got started, the move to self-employed contracting is a start (though I am still running down my notice period at work) and...
  8. Len_1590

    Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

    GOLD! HOT! CHAT 
    The ONE thing is change my mindset. I'm still a consumer and not solving problems. I am positioning myself as best as possible to be a producer, moving to self-employed, helping businesses through web design and actively listening to people, but my mindset isn't there yet. Are there any...
  9. Len_1590

    heavy_industry Q3 health improvement

    HOT! HEALTH 
    That's an interesting take, I never considered this different from addiction. I'll have to have a read up on it some time. You've got this.
  10. Len_1590

    Introducing me - Len, 32, London

    INTRO 
    Thank you @Antifragile I really appreciate you looking out for me! I understand there is a focus in your message on the web design and I can see why that stood out. I think the part about me contracting as an actuary may have been missed/misunderstood. Yes I quit my full-time employment job...
  11. Len_1590

    heavy_industry Q3 health improvement

    HOT! HEALTH 
    I love the health goals. Massive massive kudos for getting your nutrition on autopilot. That's such a huge step! The occasional high carb day isn't terrible, but as Daniel Kahneman points out in "Thinking, Fast and Slow!" it's easier to give 100% than 99.99% - so completely understand...
  12. Len_1590

    Introducing me - Len, 32, London

    INTRO 
    2023/07/23 - Update Not a lot to update on this week. Slowlane starter - Actuarial Freelance business: I applied for 3 roles this week to get my self-employed actuarial services up and running. I'm hoping I can use the business I set up for this work to also have my website business run...
  13. Len_1590

    Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

    GOLD! HOT! CHAT 
    Late to the party this week. The first two are the same for me. I received feedback on a free proposal I sent to a local businessman following a sales call. The feedback was positive! The focus shifts to delivery. I should improve my knowledge so I can demonstrate how I add value to clients...
  14. Len_1590

    Introducing me - Len, 32, London

    INTRO 
    2023/07/16 - update Little to update across the board to be honest, so maybe there's no need for this post. I'm going to give an update anyway so that I have a log for myself. Slow Lane Job No update as I work my notice period. I feel less torn about not forcing threw a reduced notice...
  15. Len_1590

    Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

    GOLD! HOT! CHAT 
    I've finally had people get back in touch about portfolio projects for my website design business. So this week I want to focus on getting a conversation with them to figure out how I can best help them with their business through web design. This isn't a sale given I'm not charging, but...
Back
Top Bottom