What's new

Recent content by Learn To Live

  1. L

    How To Know If Your Reading Is Action Faking... Even If You're A Clueless 20-Something

    MINDSET 
    Notes No, I'm not a fan of taking notes when I can reference the material again. I largely see it as a distraction from engaging with the material. However, I did make sure to ask questions about the things I was reading, "Is this actually true?" "When is this useful?" "What are the deeper...
  2. L

    Does anyone else feel hopeless seeing the state of the world? How to deal with it?

    HOT! OFF-TOPIC 
    My advice: stop watching the news. It's not helping, and in fact is more likely to produce more of what's reported. This is due to the copycat effect. Even if the news says, "This thing is bad." The result is more of that thing. For more details, see the chapter about Social Proof in the book...
  3. L

    How To Know If Your Reading Is Action Faking... Even If You're A Clueless 20-Something

    MINDSET 
    Good question, and I'd say this is a distinction without a difference. Theory is just an abstraction over practice, not a substitute. Sometimes the abstraction is wrong, which often comes from insufficient data or poor rigor in the advice. I mentioned known unknowns, if somebody failed before...
  4. L

    How To Know If Your Reading Is Action Faking... Even If You're A Clueless 20-Something

    MINDSET 
    I spent the past 8 months finishing 42 books because I realized that there are so many known unknowns that can be solved by reading. As a result, I can tell you what seemed like a good use of my time and what wasn't. Obvious Results I learned about basically every important job in the business...
  5. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    Action items based on feedback in this thread. Learn to phrase things in less offensive ways. Learn to identify people who are just complaining vs people willing to pay. Learn about ways people currently deal with their problems. Consider a service based business instead of a products based...
  6. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    Thank you. These are all very good points. I also think that in many ways these things also interfere with the Right To Repair, which is personally a big reason why I prefer custom desktops to laptops. I would spend more money to have something be more easily fixable than to have to buy a new...
  7. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    I admit it's terrible phrasing. I would say that if AI is the main solution it's generally going to be solve the problem poorly. For example code generated by LLMs tends to cause a lot of bugs, I would never trust code produced by any tools, so I'll probably more of a code reviewer than...
  8. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    Thanks for the advice on how to sell once I have a product-market fit. I agree it's too early to sell. Right now, I have no idea what problems are even worth solving, so I'm trying to figure that out. Largely I'm speculating because outside of work, occasional calls from family, and occasional...
  9. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    That's a good question. I'm don't know what's specifically important to customers, so I'd assume avoiding it in as many ways as possible would be what's important. However I'm probably wrong. I wouldn't consider things like data analysis such as stock trends to be in this area, nor something...
  10. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    That's a much better way of phrasing it, thank you.
  11. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    Thanks for the feedback. What would you recommend learning? I'm planning on adding a comment on a list of things I'll want to look into learning.
  12. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    That's a very good idea, corporate espionage can be a real risk. In that case it might be wise to recreate an office suite and market it that way. I'm wondering if doing an indirect pentest using things like Gemini for passive information gathering would be a good way of saying "hey, Google...
  13. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    Thank you for the more advice on narrowing down a niche, I'll keep this in mind. I'm guessing it would be a good idea to think about this until I know say an exact person to ask. Example of scoping in: Environment > Farmers > Farmers with lots of land > Farmers with lots of land in specific...
  14. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    Adding more context because you added more information. I code very well, to the point where I got my job doing it at 20, and often have coworkers ask me for technical advice. I have zero aversion to learning something new. This year alone I've read textbooks on Real Analysis and Number Theory...
  15. L

    Do You Think Anti-AI Apps Are A Value Skew?

    - AI - 
    I'm currently looking for problems that I can solve. Some previous ideas were either too small (job boards) or too big (anti-viral medication). Right now I'm trying to avoid the problem of having a solution looking for a problem. An example of an idea I've had that might not be terrible, and...
Back
Top Bottom