What's new

Recent content by Jbrow327

  1. J

    How would you turn a $400k–$500k inheritance into $2.5M+ within 10 years?

    INVESTING QUESTION 
    THIS IS AN UPDATE FROM MY LAST POST. I HAVE MET WITH AN ESTATE LAWYER. I'm 34 years old and trying to figure out the smartest move from here. Right now my only real work experience is driving for Uber Eats and Grubhub. I don't have a high-income skill, a professional career, or a successful...
  2. J

    How would you turn a $400k–$500k inheritance into $2.5M+ within 10 years?

    INVESTING QUESTION 
    Thank you MJ. While I upskill should I keep all the money put or just use it for living expenses so I can make sure I never have to do W2 work again while funding any entrepreneurial things I may do?
  3. J

    How would you turn a $400k–$500k inheritance into $2.5M+ within 10 years?

    INVESTING QUESTION 
    How exactly would you take this money and turn it into 2.5+ million in 10 years or less? I receive about 250k from cashing out a 401k. Another 150k to 200k from selling the house. Maybe another 10ish from selling the cars. Also about 50k from the checking account. This is from a family member...
  4. J

    College vs skilled trades. What is your take?

    QUESTION 
    Main street millionaire? Where did you hear that phrase?
  5. J

    College vs skilled trades. What is your take?

    QUESTION 
    Thanks for the response. Yes I used AI to write it. I just gave it the criteria I needed and told it to make it into a detailed post. It actually did pretty decent
  6. J

    College vs skilled trades. What is your take?

    QUESTION 
    I’ve noticed something weird online: a huge percentage of the people aggressively telling young people to “skip college and learn a trade” don’t actually work in the skilled trades themselves. They romanticize it from the outside. They’ll point to union electrician or lineman wages like that’s...
  7. J

    If you don’t have a skill, is it best to go slowlane first?

    QUESTION 
    I don't know what country you live in, but in the USA bus transportation is run by the government/schools.
  8. J

    If you don’t have a skill, is it best to go slowlane first?

    QUESTION 
    Thanks. What do you think are the best fastlane skills to learn in 2026? Is it software/web development?
  9. J

    If you don’t have a skill, is it best to go slowlane first?

    QUESTION 
    Ok it is a skill but clearly it isn't a fastlane skill
  10. J

    If you don’t have a skill, is it best to go slowlane first?

    QUESTION 
    Thank you. Can you legally do some of those without foing through an apprenticeship?
  11. J

    If you don’t have a skill, is it best to go slowlane first?

    QUESTION 
    Thank you MJ! What would you say is the best skill you can learn in 2026 to use to go fastlane?
  12. J

    If you don’t have a skill, is it best to go slowlane first?

    QUESTION 
    I am a 34 year old male who has never moved out. I currently live with my dad and pay rent. I work for Grubhub and Ubereats and make decent money. I have no good marketable skills. I am living in the SLC Utah area. I was looking at cheap colleges like WGU and SNHU for degrees but I don't know...
  13. J

    What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

    NOTABLE! HOT! BOOKS CHAT 
    How was Zero to Sold? Do you recommend it for people who don't know how to code?
  14. J

    MJ should I go university?

    HOT! INTRO 
    Who is the author of the lean startup playbook?
  15. J

    Are there any good "zero to hero" SaaS courses or books?

    BOOKS 
    Thanks and good point. My main problem right now is I need to get a skill I can use. I am just a driver for Ubereats. I can't just start a business and outsource everything.
Back
Top Bottom