What's new

Recent content by illmasterj

  1. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    This is evidence. You have done it in other areas of life. You have done it in business. The evidence suggests that you can absolutely do it again if you believe in yourself. Your only business failures recently are because you stopped too early. If you were completely unable to lose $50k on...
  2. illmasterj

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    I suspect you are are not really making enough yet to make complex structures worthwhile. But as a thought exercise (not advice), generally those under similar tax systems will either own both companies under a holding company and/or a trust. The holdco receives dividends after company tax...
  3. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    Dandapandi talks about this as a lack of willpower. I have seen this in myself. Doing something is an inverted bell curve. To begin is exciting, then the doldrums of reality, then the glory of finishing. Dandapani's three methods to develop willpower: 1. Finish what you begin: the most crucial...
  4. illmasterj

    Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

    NOTABLE! MINDSET 
    That time of year, I remember seeing people on the shaded footpath waiting for a bus in long pants and ski jackets, while others walked on the other side of the road in full sun wearing t-shirts and shorts. The face of the mountain that you live on is everything. A house with maximum sunlight...
  5. illmasterj

    Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

    NOTABLE! MINDSET 
    As someone who grew up with lots of natural sunlight and (even in winter) comparatively long days, living in a valley in the mountains can indeed make it harder to wake up in winter. Huberman says not to drink caffeine until you've had some sun in your eyes. It's a nice concept when the sun is...
  6. illmasterj

    here's your chance. why start one when you can takeover?

    IDEA 
    Start asking for the prospectus on a few potential acquisitions. Find those that have weaknesses where you have strengths. Develop a strategy that you can apply to a certain type of business weakness to massively improve that weakness. Only when you have a 100% strong plan, should you consider...
  7. illmasterj

    here's your chance. why start one when you can takeover?

    IDEA 
    An acquaintance I know acquires turnarounds. I think he's up to number 6 now. He has been able to turn around approximately 0 of them. Obviously it's doable but even a successful acquisition of a profitable business is like drinking from the firehouse. Lots to learn in a short period of time.
  8. illmasterj

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Great thread. You are all making me even happier about where I live.
  9. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    I understand your challenge. Sounds like you are financially independent so you don't actually need to make a business work. But maybe you feel like you aren't "succeeding" anymore, or are underachieving. I genuinely think the focus of this thread should be more about building the business...
  10. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    For what it's worth, I saw a documentary once about a man who reforested a bunch of land in New Zealand. He never did it for the money but a happy by-product was that the land could end up earning carbon credits which he then on sold to companies. Not trying to claim that you should do it, just...
  11. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    Someone I know saw the rising demand from foreigners (mostly Americans) wanting to move to Barcelona. But he himself tried to buy property there and found it to be too expensive for the quality. He bought an apartment cheaper from the bank (it was foreclosed and needed a lot of work, it was...
  12. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    Put your marketing hat on. 65 year olds who have only been overseas on 2 trips that were mostly just for drinking and laying on the beach don't know that these countries are safe. They're uncomfortable communicating with people who don't have perfect, colloquial English from their region. This...
  13. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    I disagree. Once you move there you need accounting for your company, tax filing, insurance, help with paperwork because you don't know the language or have the time, etc. there's loads of ongoing bullshit that most of us are very willing to pay money for. I think this has a lot to do with the...
  14. illmasterj

    MTF's Rebirth: Building a New Fastlane Vehicle

    EXECUTION 
    I actually think this is a booming niche. Call it the "escape plan". Check the sentiment right now. Many people want to leave the US, UK, Australia and so on due to political, tax or immigration viewpoints that they strongly disagree with. Many of these people are tech workers or upper middle...
  15. Screenshot_20260926-100223.webp

    Screenshot_20260926-100223.webp

Back
Top Bottom