What's new

Recent content by Hein Oosthuysen

  1. Hein Oosthuysen

    Choose Hard, Live Easy: The Art of War for Decision-Making (Release thread)

    HOT! BOOKS 
    @MJ DeMarco Do you maybe have a rough estimate for when non-US customers will be able to get their hands on physical copies? I see only US-based customers can pre-order physical ones. I'll happily read it in Kindle format, but eventually would like to get a physical copy as well...
  2. Hein Oosthuysen

    Choose Hard, Live Easy: The Art of War for Decision-Making (Release thread)

    HOT! BOOKS 
    Just pre-ordered! Very excited for this new book! In advance, thanks MJ for spending yet another set of hundreds of hours to create another book. Your ideas and decision frameworks from your other books have genuinely helped me make better decisions. That's why I'm excited: these philosophical...
  3. Hein Oosthuysen

    What's Your Xmas Sprint?

    CHAT 
    I'm learning all the fundamentals of ammunition reloading - specifically for my 9mm. Want to get back into some occasional sport shooting next year.
  4. Hein Oosthuysen

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    I hate that the field of medicine in general has come to this... Unfortunately the sheer volume of patients are so large that you can't spend meaningful time with each patient - in the public sector, at least. This is why I don't want to really make money in medicine per se. When I eventually...
  5. Hein Oosthuysen

    The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Random Chat Thread...

    CHAT - AI - 
    I haven't experienced anything like this... However, I mostly just use ChatGPT. It's quite remarkable how that response resembles the speech patterns of the occasional manic psychiatric patients I see! Almost like the AI had a "psychotic break" the way schizophrenic/bi-polar brains sometimes do.
  6. Hein Oosthuysen

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    My advice is to bite the bullet and learn how to read sheet music early on. It's going to be a drag in the beginning, but in the long run you'll learn pieces significantly faster. Also, check out Hanon's piano exercises/etudes. You can get them for free on the internet - they're like gym...
  7. Hein Oosthuysen

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    Met Robert Kiyosaki today at a business conference here in Johannesburg. Oh and no, I didn't sign up for any ridiculously expensive course that some of the speakers were selling. Just networked a bit with people in my industry. Eventually ended up backstage and had a chat with Robert!
  8. IMG-20250511-WA0017.webp

    IMG-20250511-WA0017.webp

  9. Hein Oosthuysen

    MJs 1/2/3 Marriage Strategy: When to Get Married...

    GOLD! PEOPLE 
    Fair enough, I see your point. However, I do think the real value lies in being with a woman who shares your values, not just someone who blindly agrees with you and doesn't have her own opinion. It seems to me you are assuming that you will always be right in every circumstance and would then...
  10. Hein Oosthuysen

    Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

    HOT! CRYPTO CHAT 
    Nope, it's from "All Quiet on the Western Front". A great movie btw.
  11. Hein Oosthuysen

    The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Random Chat Thread...

    CHAT - AI - 
    I just played around with it since I read your post here. It's amazing! It dives into actual studies and uses the latest data to write its report! In 10 minutes it already identified 6 different pain points in my country's healthcare industry that haven't been properly adressed yet - obvious...
  12. Hein Oosthuysen

    Yikes, Compare Real Estate Prices for Homes Around the World

    OFF-TOPIC CHAT 
    Meanwhile in South Africa, you can get houses like these for around $650k: (This is one is about 30 min from Cape Town)
  13. Screenshot_20241219_154330_com.android.chrome_edit_39214273920577.webp

    Screenshot_20241219_154330_com.android.chrome_edit_39214273920577.webp

  14. Screenshot_20241219_154336_com.android.chrome_edit_39221849463805.webp

    Screenshot_20241219_154336_com.android.chrome_edit_39221849463805.webp

  15. Hein Oosthuysen

    Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

    HOT! CHAT 
    I never really understood that rule... Politics is intimately connected to economics. And economics is very relevant to any discussion of Fastlane philosophy (or at least, I would think so). But I guess the rule's probably there because very rarely do people change their positions/ideology...
Back
Top Bottom