What's new

Recent content by EmotionEngine

  1. EmotionEngine

    From Laid off to CEO: Building a Multi-Million Dollar Software Company [Progress Thread]

    HOT! EXECUTION 
    9/26/2026 Update #32A (Minor Update) Project #3 The demo has been released. Good thing I dropped out of this Next Fest and registered for the February one. Wishlists appeared to have stalled. Something is going on because much worse games are doing better. I'm working on figuring out how...
  2. EmotionEngine

    From Laid off to CEO: Building a Multi-Million Dollar Software Company [Progress Thread]

    HOT! EXECUTION 
    9/21/2026 Update #32 Project #2 Update 70% Complete Nothing new to report - Project Paused Until #3 is Complete Project #3 NEW (UPDATED!) 75% - Yes, in just two weeks. The last 50% will be a little longer. 100% - PLAYABLE DEMO COMPLETED - Will be released soon. I pulled out of the upcoming...
  3. EmotionEngine

    For those creating game software for Steam. Beware. (700 Games launched on Steam in one week.)

    MARKETING PUBLISHING 
    The Fastlane books warned about this. As development gets easier, you're seeing a flood of content. Part of this is due to releases trying to beat GTA VI in November, but nevertheless the release count is growing in leaps and bounds per week. You're going to need a differentiate yourself and...
  4. 1788543064849.webp

    1788543064849.webp

  5. EmotionEngine

    From Laid off to CEO: Building a Multi-Million Dollar Software Company [Progress Thread]

    HOT! EXECUTION 
    9/1/2026 Update #31 Project #2 Update 70% Complete Nothing new to report - Project Paused Until #3 is Complete Project #3 NEW 50% - Yes, in just two weeks. The last 50% will be a little longer. Building games faster is the way. I also heard it from another Steam analyst. I think I'll...
  6. EmotionEngine

    From Laid off to CEO: Building a Multi-Million Dollar Software Company [Progress Thread]

    HOT! EXECUTION 
    8/7/2026 Update #30 Project #2 Update 70% Complete The game is coming along well. I have reached 94,000 lines of code and have done performance analysis to see how hard the game is hitting the CPU and GPU. I also implemented a display settings menu and keyboard bindings. I implemented a...
  7. Screenshot 2026-08-07 190658.webp

    Screenshot 2026-08-07 190658.webp

  8. EmotionEngine

    I Play Rocky Trailer

    MINDSET 
    I forgot which one of MJ's books mentions Sylvester Stallone's journey but it looks like they made a movie of it. I do remember he had a stipulation that he had to play Rocky. True story an inspirational. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_g_Ut0jO-0
  9. EmotionEngine

    The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Random Chat Thread...

    CHAT - AI - 
    It's an amazing technology while people like Ed Zitron crap on it daily. What you say sounds wonderful really. I unfortunately can't use ClaudeCode that way for my game though. My workflow is designing then prompting code systems piece by piece. For each piece I compile, spend time testing...
  10. Screenshot 2026-07-06 180334.webp

    Screenshot 2026-07-06 180334.webp

  11. EmotionEngine

    From Laid off to CEO: Building a Multi-Million Dollar Software Company [Progress Thread]

    HOT! EXECUTION 
    Most companies are not releasing around that time because typically that game is a black hole. Games will be drowned out upon release. So companies are frontloading before the release of GTA. There are tons of games coming out July-Oct so things are quite crowded this year. One example is...
  12. EmotionEngine

    From Laid off to CEO: Building a Multi-Million Dollar Software Company [Progress Thread]

    HOT! EXECUTION 
    7/6/2026 Update #29 Life Update: I reduced work to 3 days a week at the warehouse. It’s given me more time to work on my company project. My body literally can’t handle doing that work 4-5 days a week. Back pain is a daily occurrence and the 2AM and 3AM starts are just god awful. I've been...
  13. Screenshot 2026-07-06 115021.webp

    Screenshot 2026-07-06 115021.webp

  14. EmotionEngine

    I've Read Choose Hard, Live Easy: The Art of War for Decision-Making!

    HOT! BOOKS 
    I think about this book and "choose hard" even in the simple tasks I do. This may sound stupid, but right now as I work on my business I have a crappy warehouse job. When I'm placing parcels in a truck as the conveyor brings more I can easily just throw them in there as time is of the essence...
  15. EmotionEngine

    How to Kill Your Loyal Following: Use NFTs for Crowdfunding

    OFF-TOPIC 
    I worked for a company that developed games around them. They had more utility though, we put them in our games and users could use them as their game avatars. You could also sell them to people.
Back
Top Bottom