What's new

Recent content by David Fitz

  1. David Fitz

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    This makes me want to move away again.
  2. David Fitz

    The Agencies & Freelancers Chat Thread / Mastermind

    CHAT 
    That's true. I work with some great lads who have trouble with online banking because of their background and every time their payment is due they will send me a message - money sent for the month Dave, let me know if you got it. No chasing, no following up with them. Then you work with guys...
  3. David Fitz

    The Agencies & Freelancers Chat Thread / Mastermind

    CHAT 
    Some days he's getting 4 or 5 leads a day. He came to me with a website lingering on page 2 and someone spent €19,000 on his ads with a cost per lead at nearly €500. I got him in the top 3 for most of his main keywords along with getting his cost per lead down to €80. He's doing quite well...
  4. David Fitz

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    Thanks. I'm starting to realise how bad it is here in Ireland. After 44k a year here you enter the higher tax rate which is absolutely ridiculous when it's one of the most expensive places to live in Europe. I may have to think about moving out of here again.
  5. David Fitz

    The Agencies & Freelancers Chat Thread / Mastermind

    CHAT 
    The more I think about it, I think ongoing monthly payments have been a problem for me all year. I sign tradesmen up, they pay me and then the next months bill comes and it's chasing and following up even with guys who are doing well. I have a roofer who ignored me for a week so I sent him a...
  6. David Fitz

    The Agencies & Freelancers Chat Thread / Mastermind

    CHAT 
    Who's using Cold Outreach that's working? I've been doing well enough with Facebook ads and posting on social media almost every day this year but I feel I need to go after bigger and better clients. Working with tradesmen is good but I often have to chase payments even when they're signed...
  7. David Fitz

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    I'm not sure on Poland but there is Beckham's Law in Spain.
  8. David Fitz

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    Thank you for the advice. By the sounds of it, I need a better accountant because his only answer was a pension and if I didn't want to put it in a pension then that was it, too bad. I definitely can scale the marketing agency further. I have increased ad spend, I hired Andy for Google ads and...
  9. David Fitz

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    Thanks. Maybe I need a better accountant because he told me the only option was my pension which is tax free. I don't know much about investing which is why I didn't want to do it, I must look in to what I can do.
  10. David Fitz

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    I now understand why people move to Dubai.
  11. David Fitz

    €100k Stuck In A LTD Company In Ireland. What to do?

    QUESTION 
    I have 2 things going at the moment, I have an exterior cleaning business that I take my income from and I have a marketing business where I help local tradesmen with websites, SEO and Google ads. This year I haven't touched any money from the marketing business and it looks by the end of this...
  12. David Fitz

    The Agencies & Freelancers Chat Thread / Mastermind

    CHAT 
    Thanks Andy. Good idea to create a chat like this.
  13. David Fitz

    Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

    NOTABLE! MINDSET 
    Did anyone ever live in a place with bad weather and find a way to get over it? If you could drop Ireland further down beside Portugal it would be the best country in the world. Part of me feels I just need to get over this bad weather stuff and get on with things.
  14. David Fitz

    Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

    NOTABLE! MINDSET 
    Portugal and Spain are nice countries but in a way they can be a bit backward with their bureaucracy and their tax system is awful compared to the rest of Europe. Best of luck with going back to Canada. You guys gave Portugal a good go so you can never think down the line what might have been...
  15. David Fitz

    Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

    NOTABLE! MINDSET 
    My ideal life would be 6 months in Ireland for Spring/Summer. Then 6 months away somewhere sunny for winter. I have a young son now so the next move I make will have to be a permanent one.
Back
Top Bottom