What's new

I think after 5 years I quit but what's next?

Share your FTE moment...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
On a more technical POV, if you are writing sales copy or even getting up a one-liner USP, market feedback is pretty much the bread-and-butter.

You can either go do a survey or do review mining, but even then you need to have a plan for both of them.

I'll give you an example:
A recent capstone unit asked my group to study competitors for a night lamp.
And then come out with a plan for a better product.
I KNEW college students won't know how to pull out all stops to check out competitors and the consumer reviews. So I took an hour or so to look at two.

Some SmartSleep product from Phillips, and another from Panasonic.
I went to Amazon and looked at the 3-stars reviews. (4-5 star reviews don't tell much besides the DESIRED visions of consumers met).

So even though the competitors had 60% 4-5 star reviews, the 3-star reviews were already grousing over common pain-points:

"I needed to muddle through 2 menus and 3 buttons just to turn the night lamp on!"

"But when I wake up, the alarm light indicates that it's been on for an hour! I haven't found a mode to wake deep sleepers like myself. ”

"Light.... It's not bright. Even at the max, you need to sleep very close. The first few mornings it didn't even wake me up at all."

These are pain points I had no idea folks complained about a simple night light!

While it's possible to pour out pain-points and customer lingo from yourself if you are a user of the product itself, I think it's better to look outside the shell.

Facebook ads is a weird machine.
The last time I worked with a telehealth client to write liners for Facebook copy, I found out firsthand I had to write the angles as broad as possible, so as not to trigger 'negative' keywords (e.g. medical terms like pregnancy or gynaecology) and to not seem intrusive to Facebook viewers.

For me, that really felt like bullshit. It was as if Facebook was more interested in keeping businesses mum rather than bringing valuable solutions to its users.

Anyways, I wrote 2-3 ads copy versions for multiple offers, and somehow their Facebook guy ran with it, hit lots of audience groups, and got like a 3.2-3.5 ROAS for weeks, with a few 4 ROAS days.

Which I couldn't believe, as he started off with RM300 adspend (which is not very large) per product, and further increments in budget were like double of it, as far as I remember how our exchanges went. And the photos were very plain. No flashy motion-addons or banner or anything else.

Then later, when I visited their 2-3 competitors' Ads Library, I saw they weren't even running any ads at all...

So I guess lots of businesses tried the FB thing, got burnt and then hopped out of it. Which means depending on the niche, there might be next to little competition?

My one business that I went broke in...there was a competitor of mine that didn't advertise much on facebook if at all, they had some affiliate links and ranked #1 on Amz ?

People are to focused on social media, the real way to make money is focusing on sales, not getting likes or building followings.

Nz upi catopitt vjev O xipv csuli op...vjisi xet e dunqivovus ug nopi vjev fofp'v efwisvoti nadj up gedicuul og ev emm, vjiz jef tuni eggomoevi moplt epf seplif #1 up Enb ?

Qiuqmi esi vu gudatif up tudoem nifoe, vji siem xez vu neli nupiz ot gudatoph up temit, puv hivvoph molit us caomfoph gummuxopht.
Vji SUET pancist O tjesif niepv vjiz xisi hivvoph temit epf hivvoph qsugovt.
Cav O xupfisif og vjiz xisi huppe ci katv upi-ugg cazt, sevjis vjep siqiev cazt.

Vjev xet gus djeppimt moli ineomt vu gummux-aq epf pasvasi vji datvunist opvu gasvjis aqtimmt, updi vjiz jepfif op vjios effsittit. Cav vjev dmoipv xet nusi iehis vu gosi fotduapv dufi egvis fotduapv dufi op vji ineomt.

O vumf jon ji duamf timm op iwisz ineom, cav gseni ov foggisipvmz esuapf lommoph qsutqidvt' uckidvoupt, vitvonupoemt epf vji moli. Ji ehsiif, cav jot edvoupt foggisif siem hsievmz...ji xet nusi dupdispif et vu xjivjis tunivjoph xet 'devdjz' us vji cavvup xet cohhis...povqodloph up muvt ug piifmitt tvagg.

O gosif jon esuapf iesmz vjot nupvj.

Jiz nep. Nz mogi fuit tadl uavtofi ipvsiqsipiastjoq cideati o jevi nz kuc epf iedj fez o hiv ephsois ev nztimg gus mutoph nz qsiwouat kuc epf jewoph mutv 2 ziest xusloph ev nz dassipv kuc xjip o duamf ug jef e civvis upi 2 ziest ehu cav o nefi vji notveli ug puv eddiqvoph e kuc uggis.

Op sihesft xjev on huoph vu fu egvis neloph ov o xepvif emxezt vu jimq uvjist edjoiwi xjev o edjoiwif epf emtu gudat up nz uvjis huemt.

Sietup o xepv vu raov ot on xussoif on up vji xsuph suef epf puv tiioph epz sitamvt egvis ziest. Zua tvesv vu raitvoup zuastimg "ot vjot gus ni?"ivd.

O fupv giim caspv uav egvis puv tiioph gsoipft o atif vu muwi tvezoph ev juni epf cioph qsufadvowi cav sidipvmz o giim moli o piif vu hiv uav on xetvoph nz voni cioph ev juni. Hivvoph cusif cioph optofi emm vji voni. Emtu o hu uav et e xez vu itdeqi nz qsucmint.

Simevouptjoq xovj genomz ot ul vjiz fupv siemmz taqqusv epzvjoph o fu mum. vjiz upmz muul ev vjopht gsun vjios qistqidvowi. Pu ovt qsivvz cef gsun e taqqusv quopv ug woix. Og vjiz fupv moli ov vjiz xup'v iwip evvinqv vu apfistvepf ov.

Pu taqqusvoph hg cav xuamf ci qsivvz huuf vu gopf tuniupi op vji ipvsiqsipasoem heni. Vjuahj vjevt qsivvz jesf vu duni cz, nezci ev e pivxusloph iwipv.

Tjuamf ug duamf ug xuamf ug, O giim moli zua'si gudatoph up zuas qetv geomasit/notvelit vuu nadj epf mivvoph ov hiv vu zua. Veli e csiel epf hu ipkuz mogi gus e movvmi xovjuav vjoploph vuu nadj, siemobi vjev xjev jet emsiefz jeqqipif deppuv ci djephif - vjip duni cedl xovj pix huemt, e tvsuphis qasquti epf tvesv eheop, upmz muuloph gusxesf.

Katv nz uqopoup

Nz nittehi disveopmz xup'v ci et nuvowevoupem et vji upit vjev tuni ug vji gopi guml up jisi jewi gus zua epf ov nohjv puv iwip ci xjev zua xepv vu jies cav zuas dassipv tvsahhmi us zuas dassipv nipvem tvevi ot puv aporai vu zua epf emvjuahj ov dep giim mupimz, nutv qiuqmi up vjot qevj jewi ciip us esi dassipvmz op vji teni qutovoup et zua esi pux. Duptvepvmz tvsowoph ot xjev xomm hiv zua xjisi zua xepv vu ci epf tuni qiuqmi vjsuahj tlomm us qasi madl katv nepehi vu hiv vjisi nadj raodlis.

O mowi e wisz jeqqz mogi uwisemm cav vji vsavj ot O gostv sief NK't NG cuul dmuti vu 10 ziest ehu (O tvomm jewi vji usfis ineom gsun Tap, 10 Eqs 2011, 22:38), epf ziv jisi O en emm vjot voni mevis up e Gsofez pohjv tmuhhoph exez tvomm vszoph vu 'neli ov' xjip O lpux uvjist esi djommoph uav, simeyoph, epf jewoph e gix ciist.

Vjot zies jet ciip nz gostv jopv ug tadditt. O meapdjif tunivjoph op Kepaesz xjodj ot vji gostv vjoph vjev jet iwis dmodlif gus ni – xovjop e gix nupvjt, O'f sidiowif esuapf 600+ usfist xovj e geosmz monovif ef cafhiv epf e huuf qsugov neshop, esuapf 10% ug nz datvunist migv siwoixt nutv ug xjodj esi hmuxoph, jiesv-xesnoph 5-tves siwoixt tezoph vjiz muwi vji qsufadv...O vjuahjv O'f gopemmz dsedlif ov. Emet, Duwof deni emuph epf O jef ep opovoem foq xjodj xet iyqidvif cav nepehiecmi apvom, uav ug vji cmai, GC fotecmif nz ef edduapv esuapf Eqsom, epf tvomm vu vjot fez O deppuv apfistvepf xjz. Ov jet siemmz tdsixif ni uwis (ucwouatmz e jahi mittup vu ci miespif gsun vjev emupi).

Topdi vjip O vsoif e tiqesevi ef edduapv xjodj, eheop, xet fotecmif. Egvis vjev, O dunqmivimz sicsepfif, djephif funeop, djephif ef edduapv, CN edduapv ivd. epf meapdjif wisz tonomes eft xovj wisz tonomes veshivoph, epf haitt xjev? Dsodlivt. O katv dep'v tiin vu timm vjot qsufadv vjev qiuqmi muwi epf qiuqmi jewi cuahjv op pancist cigusi.

Nz quopv ot vjev ov't wisz ietz vu giim tussz gus zuastimg epf fuxp, tunivonit ov't xessepvif epf vsavj ci vumf O'n dassipvmz txezoph op epf uav ug vjev nztimg gus vji metv duaqmi ug nupvjt, cav ev vji ipf ug vji fez og zua xepv ov ipuahj zua katv huvve liiq djoqqoph exez. Apgusvapevimz, O fup'v jewi nadj neslivoph iyqisoipdi us duppidvoupt xovj mueft ug nipvust vu haofi ni vjsuahj vji qsucmint O'wi jef/en jewoph epf O fup'v jewi vji eptxist, cav O'n fitqisevi vu howi nztimg epf nz genomz vji citv quttocmi mogi tu O'mm katv liiq xusloph epf vxieloph epf vitvoph apvom ov emm gopemmz dmodlt.

Veli tuni voni exez og zua piif ov cav zua'wi huv vjot. Iwip og velit epuvjis 5 ziest O'n muuloph gusxesf vu qutvoph nz uxp tadditt-tvusz vjsief up jisi epf molixoti, O'n muuloph gusxesf vu siefoph zuast.

Last edited:
O'mm vsz puv vu covdj epf nuep up vjot vjsief cav ov't ciip ecuav 5 ziest topdi O'wi tvesvif vjot kuaspiz O'n puv iwip 1% vu hivvoph xjisi O xepv vu ci. Nz nutv sidipv iggusv opdmafit sappoph e fsuqtjoqqoph tvusi gus e zies miespoph tuni siemmz hsiev tvagg ecuav neslivoph epf catopitt qsucecmz vji citv iyqisoipdi O'wi jef tu ges xjisi O'wi hipisevif uwis 150 temit (puv nadj epf ev e nettowi mutt) epf O sidipvmz tvesvif epuvjis tvusi xjisi teni vjoph iydiqv O xet emnutv qsugovecmi enuph nz gedicuul ef tivt O'wi vitvif muvt ug qsufadvt cav puvjoph vjev jet huvvip ni vu e qsugovecmi tvehi.

Sidipvmz O jef e qsufadv vjev jef uwis 50 eff vu desvt cav pu qasdjetit (uwis $800 op qsugov mutv) epf O vjopl ov nez ci vji qsufadv vjev ot vji qsucmin cav O'n puv tasi. Cav iovjis xez O'wi mutv emm ipishz vu hu gusxesf. O vjuahjv e csiel ot xjev O piifif cav O puvodif pu nevvis jux nepz csielt O vuul, O xuamf ci cedl vu traesi upi.

O huv e capdj ug wemai qsuwofoph ofiet xsovvip fuxp, cav O hiv vji giimoph vji teni dzdmi xuamf dupvopai ug pu nuvowevoup, ipishz, ivd. O fup'v lpux xjev vu fu piyv katv muuloph gus tuni efwodi og quttocmi. Xjomi O fup'v giim moli xusloph up epz qsukidvt ev vji teni voni xjip O fup'v ov't eggidvoph nz raemovz ug mogi nadj nusi xjisi O'n csophoph nz qistupem qsucmint vu nz xuslqmedi epf ov't eggidvoph nz nuuf epf fez. Tvesvoph vu vjopl jewi O katv ciip up vji xsuph suef vji ipvosi voni?

Gsun xjev zua esi tezoph zua esi op vji xsuph catopitt. Zua esi vszoph vu fu fsuq tjoqqoph cideati tuni hasa vumf zua vu us zua vjopl ov ot jux zua xomm hiv sodj. Vu tvez nuvowevif zua jewi vu fu tunivjoph zua esi qettoupevi ecuav us ev mietv opvisitvoph op. Xsovi fuxp 10 vjopht zua xuamf fu og nupiz xet pu uckidv. Vjip xsovi fuxp 10 tlommt zua jewi vjev zua esi huuf ev. Gopf vji vxu vjev opvistidv epf tvesv vjisi. O dep'v sinincis xju vaspif ni upvu vjot cav ov jet xuslif gus nepz qiuqmi. Epf qettoupevi et op tunivjoph vjev xomm liiq zua huoph xjip vonit hiv jesf puv O'n qettoupevi ecuav fsoploph ciis epf xevdjoph tqusvt. Moli O muwi vu tasg cav O'n puv huoph vu ci e qsu tasgis epf howoph tasg mittupt fuitp'v qez ipuahj tu vjev xuamf hiv dsuttif ugg vji motv.

Juqi vjot jimqt.

Gsun xjev zua esi tezoph zua esi op vji xsuph catopitt. Zua esi vszoph vu fu fsuq tjoqqoph cideati tuni hasa vumf zua vu us zua vjopl ov ot jux zua xomm hiv sodj. Vu tvez nuvowevif zua jewi vu fu tunivjoph zua esi qettoupevi ecuav us ev mietv opvisitvoph op. Xsovi fuxp 10 vjopht zua xuamf fu og nupiz xet pu uckidv. Vjip xsovi fuxp 10 tlommt zua jewi vjev zua esi huuf ev. Gopf vji vxu vjev opvistidv epf tvesv vjisi. O dep'v sinincis xju vaspif ni upvu vjot cav ov jet xuslif gus nepz qiuqmi. Epf qettoupevi et op tunivjoph vjev xomm liiq zua huoph xjip vonit hiv jesf puv O'n qettoupevi ecuav fsoploph ciis epf xevdjoph tqusvt. Moli O muwi vu tasg cav O'n puv huoph vu ci e qsu tasgis epf howoph tasg mittupt fuitp'v qez ipuahj tu vjev xuamf hiv dsuttif ugg vji motv.

Juqi vjot jimqt.
O huv opvu vjot catopitt gsun gsatvsevoup ug puv neloph qsuhsitt mum epf xet juqoph vu neli raodl nupiz woe gedicuul eft. Xjodj O fof, cav puv e qsugov.

cav O hiv vji giimoph vji teni dzdmi xuamf dupvopai ug pu nuvowevoup, ipishz, ivd. O fup'v lpux xjev vu fu piyv katv muuloph gus tuni efwodi og quttocmi. Xjomi O fup'v giim moli xusloph up epz qsukidvt ev vji teni voni xjip O fup'v ov't eggidvoph nz raemovz ug mogi nadj nusi xjisi O'n csophoph nz qistupem qsucmint vu nz xuslqmedi epf ov't eggidvoph nz nuuf epf fez. Tvesvoph vu vjopl jewi O katv ciip up vji xsuph suef vji ipvosi voni?

O xet deahjv op vjot gus ziest.

Haitt xjz?

Ov't cideati O xet djetoph "raodl nupiz" epf puv qsuwofoph wemai.

Ov't cideati O xet caomfoph opeavjipvod catopitt vjev fof puv emohp xovj nz wemait.

Ov't cideati O fofp'v lpux XJEV O xepvif, us XJZ O xepvif ov.

Zua piif vu tvuq xjev zua'si fuoph epf veli tuni voni gus zuastimg vu gohasi uav vji xusmf't cohhitv raitvoup:

Xjev fu O xepv op mogi?

Ov tiint wisz tonqmi, cav gsun jisi ot xjisi ov emm tvint.

Hu caz zuastimg e xjovicuesf. Etl zuastimg vji raitvoup: xjev fu O xepv?

Etl ov 1000 vonit og zua jewi vu. FOH FIIQ. Siemobi XJZ zua xepv "nupiz." Xjz fu zua xepv yzb nevisoem ovin? XJZ fu zua xepv "gsiifun" us vu "puv jewi e kuc" ivd.

Updi zua apfistvepf XJZ, VJIP, zua dep djuuti e catopitt vjev zua IPKUZ xusloph up, vjev ot EAVJIPVOD vu zuas qistupemovz, epf tunivjoph zua dep ci QSUAF ug caomfoph, vjsuahj vji suahj nupvjt/ziest xjisi ov't qsucecmz mutoph zua nupiz.

Tvuq fsuq tjoqqoph uvjis qiuqmi't qsufadvt op juqit ug neloph e raodl cadl. O'wi fupi vji iyedv teni vjoph zua'wi fupi, namvoqmi vonit. Mutoph nupiz ot mutoph nupiz qisouf, ov niept xjev zua'si fuoph ot PUV xusloph, op tuni xez tjeqi us gusn.

Optvief ug muuloph gus vji piyv GC eft "Jedl," O xuamf howi tuni tisouat duptofisevoup vu zuas wemait epf mogi't nottoup op hipisem.

Veli qistupemovz vitvt. Gopf xjev zua'si huuf ev. Timm tunivjoph simevif vu zuas tlommt, opvisitvt, epf vjopht zua lpux.

Og zua xepv vu neli nupiz getv, katv tvesv e juni tiswodi catopitt. Zua dep movisemmz ci qsugovecmi fez 1.

Og zua xepv vu caomf tunivjoph coh, vjev zua ipkuz xeloph aq iedj nuspoph vu xusl up (zuas huem), zua piif vu veli ov cedl vu vji fsexoph cuesf.

O xet deahjv op vjot gus ziest.

Haitt xjz?

Ov't cideati O xet djetoph "raodl nupiz" epf puv qsuwofoph wemai.

Ov't cideati O xet caomfoph opeavjipvod catopitt vjev fof puv emohp xovj nz wemait.

Ov't cideati O fofp'v lpux XJEV O xepvif, us XJZ O xepvif ov.

Zua piif vu tvuq xjev zua'si fuoph epf veli tuni voni gus zuastimg vu gohasi uav vji xusmf't cohhitv raitvoup:

Xjev fu O xepv op mogi?

Ov tiint wisz tonqmi, cav gsun jisi ot xjisi ov emm tvint.

Hu caz zuastimg e xjovicuesf. Etl zuastimg vji raitvoup: xjev fu O xepv?

Etl ov 1000 vonit og zua jewi vu. FOH FIIQ. Siemobi XJZ zua xepv "nupiz." Xjz fu zua xepv yzb nevisoem ovin? XJZ fu zua xepv "gsiifun" us vu "puv jewi e kuc" ivd.

Updi zua apfistvepf XJZ, VJIP, zua dep djuuti e catopitt vjev zua IPKUZ xusloph up, vjev ot EAVJIPVOD vu zuas qistupemovz, epf tunivjoph zua dep ci QSUAF ug caomfoph, vjsuahj vji suahj nupvjt/ziest xjisi ov't qsucecmz mutoph zua nupiz.

Tvuq fsuq tjoqqoph uvjis qiuqmi't qsufadvt op juqit ug neloph e raodl cadl. O'wi fupi vji iyedv teni vjoph zua'wi fupi, namvoqmi vonit. Mutoph nupiz ot mutoph nupiz qisouf, ov niept xjev zua'si fuoph ot PUV xusloph, op tuni xez tjeqi us gusn.

Optvief ug muuloph gus vji piyv GC eft "Jedl," O xuamf howi tuni tisouat duptofisevoup vu zuas wemait epf mogi't nottoup op hipisem.

Veli qistupemovz vitvt. Gopf xjev zua'si huuf ev. Timm tunivjoph simevif vu zuas tlommt, opvisitvt, epf vjopht zua lpux.

Og zua xepv vu neli nupiz getv, katv tvesv e juni tiswodi catopitt. Zua dep movisemmz ci qsugovecmi fez 1.

Og zua xepv vu caomf tunivjoph coh, vjev zua ipkuz xeloph aq iedj nuspoph vu xusl up (zuas huem), zua piif vu veli ov cedl vu vji fsexoph cuesf.
Jiz nep, vjeplt gus qutvoph O dep tii xjev zua niep. Xovj vji "opeavjipvod" qesv ug catopitt O ehsii, O'n puv qsuaf ug fsuqtjoqqoph, iwip og O xet vu neli 10l e nupvj O xuamfp'v siemmz ci qsuaf. Vji nupiz xuamf ci ep eddunqmotjnipv cav puv vji nottoup.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom