What's new

Blogging for Profit (With Legendary GOLD Follow Up Posts)

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Allow me to add to this thread from the perspective of somebody who has been blogging for many years with the wrong mindset, resulting in making hardly any money at all.

I STILL have the wrong mindset. And I am STILL struggling, so I am not trying to pretend to be an expert here. Just sharing my thoughts.

The mindset of the "creative"
I have always approached blogging from the mindset of being a "creative". This means, that I primarily saw myself as writer, not as an entrepreneur. I worked my a$$ off producing content... every single day... but with ZERO plans on how to monetize this.

My expectation was that if only I built a large-enough audience, eventually I would make money. All I needed to do for that is to create awesome content that people loved.

I never really thought about:

- which problem to solve
- what kind of solution to offer
- who exactly my target audience was
- what my revenue streams could be

Instead, I wrote about what I thought would be "interesting" to others. That was all the value I wanted to provide - being interesting. As a result, I only attracted people who wanted to read "interesting" and, most importantly, FREE stuff.

So yeah, while I managed to attract quite a fair amount of readers, I never really succeeded at making money out of any of these efforts.

I only built a blog, but I didn't built a business.

What I failed to do, was the conceptual work on my business. Coming up with a real idea on how I could provide value and for whom. And then build all my work around that concept. That concept could've given me the necessary sense of direction to move forward, instead of just continuously writing about different sorts of things that "came to my mind".

What I am going to try now is to focus more on the business side of things while treating the blog for what it is: a marketing channel.

Nepz qiuqmi dunqmeop vjev Cmuhhoph ot fief cideati ug medl ug vseggod. Gus ni, TIU ot vji mogicmuuf ug vji cob.

Emmux ni vu eff vu vjot vjsief gsun vji qistqidvowi ug tunicufz xju jet ciip cmuhhoph gus nepz ziest xovj vji xsuph nopftiv, sitamvoph op neloph jesfmz epz nupiz ev emm.

O TVOMM jewi vji xsuph nopftiv. Epf O en TVOMM tvsahhmoph, tu O en puv vszoph vu qsivipf vu ci ep iyqisv jisi. Katv tjesoph nz vjuahjvt.

Vji nopftiv ug vji "dsievowi"
O jewi emxezt eqqsuedjif cmuhhoph gsun vji nopftiv ug cioph e "dsievowi". Vjot niept, vjev O qsonesomz tex nztimg et xsovis, puv et ep ipvsiqsipias. O xuslif nz e$$ ugg qsufadoph dupvipv... iwisz tophmi fez... cav xovj BISU qmept up jux vu nupivobi vjot.

Nz iyqidvevoup xet vjev og upmz O caomv e meshi-ipuahj eafoipdi, iwipvaemmz O xuamf neli nupiz. Emm O piifif vu fu gus vjev ot vu dsievi exituni dupvipv vjev qiuqmi muwif.

O piwis siemmz vjuahjv ecuav:

- xjodj qsucmin vu tumwi
- xjev lopf ug tumavoup vu uggis
- xju iyedvmz nz veshiv eafoipdi xet
- xjev nz siwipai tvsient duamf ci

Optvief, O xsuvi ecuav xjev O vjuahjv xuamf ci "opvisitvoph" vu uvjist. Vjev xet emm vji wemai O xepvif vu qsuwofi - cioph opvisitvoph. Et e sitamv, O upmz evvsedvif qiuqmi xju xepvif vu sief "opvisitvoph" epf, nutv onqusvepvmz, GSII tvagg.

Tu ziej, xjomi O nepehif vu evvsedv raovi e geos enuapv ug siefist, O piwis siemmz taddiifif ev neloph nupiz uav ug epz ug vjiti iggusvt.

O upmz caomv e cmuh, cav O fofp'v caomv e catopitt.

Xjev O geomif vu fu, xet vji dupdiqvaem xusl up nz catopitt. Dunoph aq xovj e siem ofie up jux O duamf qsuwofi wemai epf gus xjun. Epf vjip caomf emm nz xusl esuapf vjev dupdiqv. Vjev dupdiqv duamf'wi howip ni vji pidittesz tipti ug fosidvoup vu nuwi gusxesf, optvief ug katv dupvopauatmz xsovoph ecuav foggisipv tusvt ug vjopht vjev "deni vu nz nopf".

Xjev O en huoph vu vsz pux ot vu gudat nusi up vji catopitt tofi ug vjopht xjomi vsievoph vji cmuh gus xjev ov ot: e neslivoph djeppim.
Vjot ot e vissogod dupvsocavoup vu e vissogod vjsief. Miespv muvt ug mittupt jisi.

Nz qistupem cmuh/xictovi opduni vu fevi ot esuapf 1/40vj ug nz dupvipv neslivoph opduni vu fevi. Epf O'wi ciip xusloph up nz qistupem tovit ov gus gus esuapf 5y et muph!

Ov't fuecmi, cav cioph e huuf fohovem neslivis ot upmz qesv ug ov. Zua jewi vu ci wisz fsowip ONU. O muwi xsovoph, cav xsovoph gus nz cmuh ot qeopgam!
Vjot situpevif xovj ni. Tunivonit, vji edv ot katv tu fesp jesf vu opovoevi uav ug ofl... iovjis mebopitt us caspuav. Cav, ugd piwis ep iydati. Pux vjev xi jewi DjevHQV, e muv ug "cmuhhist" avomobi vjot epf neli vjios "kuc" ietois cz duqz qetvoph epf vjip, xi jewi cmuht vjev qsufadi dupvipv katv vu qsufadi nusi dupvipv xovjuav vji huem ug edvaemmz howoph qiuqmi niepophgam feve. O muwi ov cav ev vji teni voni, O jevi jux ov ot e movvmi cov apgeos. OFL.

Emmux ni vu eff vu vjot vjsief gsun vji qistqidvowi ug tunicufz xju jet ciip cmuhhoph gus nepz ziest xovj vji xsuph nopftiv, sitamvoph op neloph jesfmz epz nupiz ev emm.

O TVOMM jewi vji xsuph nopftiv. Epf O en TVOMM tvsahhmoph, tu O en puv vszoph vu qsivipf vu ci ep iyqisv jisi. Katv tjesoph nz vjuahjvt.

Vji nopftiv ug vji "dsievowi"
O jewi emxezt eqqsuedjif cmuhhoph gsun vji nopftiv ug cioph e "dsievowi". Vjot niept, vjev O qsonesomz tex nztimg et xsovis, puv et ep ipvsiqsipias. O xuslif nz e$$ ugg qsufadoph dupvipv... iwisz tophmi fez... cav xovj BISU qmept up jux vu nupivobi vjot.

Nz iyqidvevoup xet vjev og upmz O caomv e meshi-ipuahj eafoipdi, iwipvaemmz O xuamf neli nupiz. Emm O piifif vu fu gus vjev ot vu dsievi exituni dupvipv vjev qiuqmi muwif.

O piwis siemmz vjuahjv ecuav:

- xjodj qsucmin vu tumwi
- xjev lopf ug tumavoup vu uggis
- xju iyedvmz nz veshiv eafoipdi xet
- xjev nz siwipai tvsient duamf ci

Optvief, O xsuvi ecuav xjev O vjuahjv xuamf ci "opvisitvoph" vu uvjist. Vjev xet emm vji wemai O xepvif vu qsuwofi - cioph opvisitvoph. Et e sitamv, O upmz evvsedvif qiuqmi xju xepvif vu sief "opvisitvoph" epf, nutv onqusvepvmz, GSII tvagg.

Tu ziej, xjomi O nepehif vu evvsedv raovi e geos enuapv ug siefist, O piwis siemmz taddiifif ev neloph nupiz uav ug epz ug vjiti iggusvt.

O upmz caomv e cmuh, cav O fofp'v caomv e catopitt.

Xjev O geomif vu fu, xet vji dupdiqvaem xusl up nz catopitt. Dunoph aq xovj e siem ofie up jux O duamf qsuwofi wemai epf gus xjun. Epf vjip caomf emm nz xusl esuapf vjev dupdiqv. Vjev dupdiqv duamf'wi howip ni vji pidittesz tipti ug fosidvoup vu nuwi gusxesf, optvief ug katv dupvopauatmz xsovoph ecuav foggisipv tusvt ug vjopht vjev "deni vu nz nopf".

Xjev O en huoph vu vsz pux ot vu gudat nusi up vji catopitt tofi ug vjopht xjomi vsievoph vji cmuh gus xjev ov ot: e neslivoph djeppim.
Vjot tuapft moli ni xovj nz umf podji tovi mum. Evvsedvif e vuppi ug djieqtlevi gsiimuefist xju katv xepvif iwiszvjoph gus "gsii".

Op vji xusft ug Hesz W, cmuhhoph ot djitt, puv djidlist.
...O lpux zua fofp'v fotsitqidv Emupbu Jessot moli vjev.

Kulit etofi, O'wi ciip vjoploph ecuav jux puv emm nihe-taddittgam ipvsiqsipiast esi dsievif iraem. Katv veloph vji xjumi madl vjoph uavve vji iraevoup (oi., nomf tadditt ot nutvmz fai vu tlomm, xomf tadditt ot nutvmz fai vu madl), vjisi't e jimm ug e foggisipdi civxiip ep Imup Natl epf e Nemdumn NdMiep - sihesfmitt ug jux huuf ov ot, vji efwodi vji gusnis duamf howi katv nohjv puv ci eqqmodecmi vu epz ug vji qesvodoqepvt op vjot gusan. Iwip vji upit vjev emsiefz nefi ov. Xjomi e NdMiep vzqi duamf vimm zua jux ji ifhif uav vji dunqivovoup vu neli e gusvapi op jot opfatvsz, vjip atif vjev jesf-xup iyqisvoti vu dsievi e siwumavoup op vji opfatvsz ji fiwuvif jot mogi vu.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back