The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Zero To Launch ??

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I can't anything bad about Ramit, but he hypes his launched and webinars WAAAAAYYYYY to much.

He promises all this stuff you will learn in his free webinar like XYZ, but he never really gets into the XYZ in his webinars and 80% of them ( the webinars ) have the same script/content from the other webinars he did a month ago. It's like he uses the same script for each and just changes the 20% that needs to promote his product.

That shouldn't sway you from signing up to his course/program as it's not a true indicator of the quality once signed up.

I've watched a lot of his webinars. I've been a member of one of his programs too ( Brain Trust ) and I can honestly say that he never releases anything in those webinars that are helpful. His Brain Trust ( which I cancelled after 4 months ) was also not very helpful ( the interviews contain the same info you can find in the author's book or other interviews they do online, like Noah Kagans ).

If you have any other resources to learn from, i'd stay away from it. I wasn't impressed from what I learned, but then again I have read a lot of books about most of the topics he is an expert in too and have watched other interviews from people he interviews as well on other sites like Mixergy, Smart Passive Income, etc...

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I paid for his Earn1K about 2 years ago.

I never felt so much regret. Felt completely bamboozled, to be honest. I didn't ask for a refund, but I should have. At the time, I felt that the program had value to someone like me, just not me.

Then I realized most of the stuff he has in his $1000+ courses is in mostly every book I have read.

I can say I will never be purchasing something from him again, and anyone who has managed to cross paths with me probably doesn't need his courses... (that includes you).

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I bought Earn1k, as well as some of his other programs. Earn1k was a fantastic investment for me... but I've had to return some of his other products because the value wasn't there.

I also was a Brain Trust member for a couple months and cancelled. He markets it really well ("access to my personal network" / "surrounded by other high achievers") but it's just a simple interview each month + a facebook group filled with lame questions.

Ultimately, I've learned that Ramit makes products that are much, much better than almost anything else you can find online, but the ridiculously high prices he charges is really due to his marketing/ability to write copy - and you are almost always better off investing those dollars into a human coach, rather than an online course.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'm not a huge fan of Ramit's products/courses, they just don't seem like the thing for me. It feels like he has really broadened his audience and it's a lot of "get rich slowly". His book is largely the same way, a few gems here or there, but a lot of "invest in 401(k) and a Roth IRA and 20 years from now you will have almost $1,000,000."

However, Ramit the person really knows his shit. Listen to his interview on the SPI podcast, it has a lot of gold- http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/psychology-selling-how-to-price/

He's got other interviews on EOF and similar podcasts, and you can tell he knows what he's talking about when it comes to being an entrepreneur. And he's very good at selling shovels. So while I would never spend any money on his courses, if he is in the right context I always try to listen up.

BTW, Entrepreneur on Fire did this free series last year called "The Fire Path" that is meant to walk you through from product idea to launch. I'd recommend listening to that. While I haven't bought Zero to Launch, I would imagine it is similar in material.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I'm not a huge fan of Ramit's products/courses, they just don't seem like the thing for me. It feels like he has really broadened his audience and it's a lot of "get rich slowly". His book is largely the same way, a few gems here or there, but a lot of "invest in 401(k) and a Roth IRA and 20 years from now you will have almost $1,000,000."

However, Ramit the person really knows his shit. Listen to his interview on the SPI podcast, it has a lot of gold- http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/psychology-selling-how-to-price/

He's got other interviews on EOF and similar podcasts, and you can tell he knows what he's talking about when it comes to being an entrepreneur. And he's very good at selling shovels. So while I would never spend any money on his courses, if he is in the right context I always try to listen up.

BTW, Entrepreneur on Fire did this free series last year called "The Fire Path" that is meant to walk you through from product idea to launch. I'd recommend listening to that. While I haven't bought Zero to Launch, I would imagine it is similar in material.
Well put. What put me off of Ramit was what I felt was hypocrisy. What @MJ DeMarco has pointed out in his books: be wary of those who got rich selling you the idea that investing in mutual funds will get you rich.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Glad other people spoke up about his courses.

I felt like I was sticking my neck out going against him, he has a huge following and I felt like me telling it the way I thought it was would end up a bash fest here.

Good to know my gut instinct to stay true and speak my mind was dead on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Glad other people spoke up about his courses.

I felt like I was sticking my neck out going against him, he has a huge following and I felt like me telling it the way I thought it was would end up a bash fest here.

Good to know my gut instinct to stay true and speak my mind was dead on.

I used to be active on a lot of forums, now this is the only one I visit almost daily. But I can say it's pretty unique in that no one here is afraid to call you on BS. There's another thread on here about Tony Robbins new book, and the response was mostly negative. Every other "business" forum I've ever seen adores the guy despite him not really preaching any new/intriguing information.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I will go as far to say that none of the major business books out there did much for me including Think & Grow Rich, Richest Man in Babylon or Rich Dad Poor Dad.

I don't know if its the style or the content itself, but books like TMF are more inspiring and motivating.

Davo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 9, 2014
Australia
Ramit spams the sht out of my inbox, I might have to unsubscribe. Most of the stuff he sends me are not even relevant to what I'm pursuing anyway lol.

You should give emyth revisted a try. It's no TMF but I think it's really good for newbies (like me) to understand about the franchise prototype and why certain things are so important to do correctly and get into certain habits from the beginning of your business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Ramit spams the sht out of my inbox, I might have to unsubscribe. Most of the stuff he sends me are not even relevant to what I'm pursuing anyway lol.

You should give emyth revisted a try. It's no TMF but I think it's really good for newbies (like me) to understand about the franchise prototype and why certain things are so important to do correctly and get into certain habits from the beginning of your business.

Yeah true, I unsubbed after a few weeks.

I've heard good things about Emyth, but I guess I judge a book by its title because I never picked it up for that reason lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.