The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing an MMA news channel on YouTube

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I have started to fiddle around with voice cloning software today.

I tried "speechify" to see if I could clone my voice, and it sort of sounds like me, but it's a bit off.

If I can clone my voice and have it sound just like me that will save so much time.

I can ramp up the amount of videos I produce, as it will open up free time for me to focus on more high quality editing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I know Descript.com can clone your own voice. Does speechelo.com as well?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Not sure, Haven't had a day off work yet to really dive into what this technology can do, and how I can utilize it as yet.
It's amazing even just to write a script and have AI read it to you so you can amend it for flow etc.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I have had a couple more subscribers to my newsletter over the last week, so that is on an uptrend, albeit slowly.

I just send things to them so far that are relevant to what I am doing in my own training, things that I have learnt and experienced that they might find interesting.

My most recent email went into how I will have to spend time off the mats due to surgery, and how I will be making use of my time by teaching kids BJJ at my martial arts school with my coach.

I went over in my newsletter how this has helped me understand positions better in the sport, and expanded my knowledge since I have started teaching. etc.

What's good about having sent out a few emails already, is that once new people hit my subscriber list, I just send them one of the older newsletters I posted, as to them it's fresh.

My next video for the channel is taking the longest.

It is a documentary style of video on the title run of Alexander Volkanovski in the featherweight division. I have recorded a fair bit of it and edited a fair bit so far, but it isn;'t close to complete.

I am on night shift for the next 3 days at work at the moment, and tonight I have been writing the rest of the script in my free time so that all i have to do when i go home is hit record.

Getting paid to work on my own stuff is a pretty cool perk of my job.

Everyone else is watching movies here atm, and I am making them.

Team producer.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I haven't updated the thread in a while so thought I would update this.

I am a bit unsure of the direction I want to take the channel atm, and I am not getting the traction I hoped at this point to be quite frank.

It's not the views that bothers me right now, it's the % of those views that get onto my newsletter that is woefully low.

The time/effort put in isn't adding up for me at this point in time.

Pivoting away from news content:
I have pivoted away from news content and have started to produce videos that are a documentary style, and based on stories as well. The reason for this is the content won't go stale after a few days based on a news cycle.

Also, the people who watch my news videos, or comment at least I am not particularly fond of lol.

Making content for people you dislike isn't appealing.

I think the new videos are better, but they aren't getting as many views as alot of my low effort videos.

I think the factors that are contributing to this are that I have completely changed the type of videos I make on my subscribers, so it makes sense that some might drop off.

Not sure what to do atm.

Quit? i donno... I have pivoted recently, so I think letting that play out over a month or two and see what happens.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I haven't updated the thread in a while so thought I would update this.

I am a bit unsure of the direction I want to take the channel atm, and I am not getting the traction I hoped at this point to be quite frank.

It's not the views that bothers me right now, it's the % of those views that get onto my newsletter that is woefully low.

The time/effort put in isn't adding up for me at this point in time.

Pivoting away from news content:
I have pivoted away from news content and have started to produce videos that are a documentary style, and based on stories as well. The reason for this is the content won't go stale after a few days based on a news cycle.

Also, the people who watch my news videos, or comment at least I am not particularly fond of lol.

Making content for people you dislike isn't appealing.

I think the new videos are better, but they aren't getting as many views as alot of my low effort videos.

I think the factors that are contributing to this are that I have completely changed the type of videos I make on my subscribers, so it makes sense that some might drop off.

Not sure what to do atm.

Quit? i donno... I have pivoted recently, so I think letting that play out over a month or two and see what happens.
Have you thought about doing some training satyle videos? I've seen a few videos in other sports which common on how the stars are training and how to apply that to different levels of ability.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Have you thought about doing some training satyle videos? I've seen a few videos in other sports which common on how the stars are training and how to apply that to different levels of ability.

Thanks for the fresh ideas man.

Might be an option yeh.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
So after another month of trying out this new content style I can say that it is somewhat succesful, but I am not getting anywhere with it.

My AVD is up, MY CTR is above the channel average and I get alot of comments from satisfied viewers yet youtube is not recommending my content. It makes no sense to me why this would be happening when my viewer satisfaction has increased so dramatically.

It takes alot of time to produce these videos that are better quality, and I can't say it has been worth it at all.

The email subscribers I have seem to be fairly engaged overall.
I have about a 30 - 50% open rate on the emails I send out.

So far I am just plucking the articles I have made for my website that has failed to gain traction so far and is all but dead. I made automations with them, so that work hasn't been a complete waste.

I have set up a facebook page and have repurposed my content for that platform aswell as tik tok.

Facebook 1 follower

Tik Tok 80 followers

Attachments

• retention 1.png
    retention 1.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 6
  • retention.png
    retention.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.