The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your time is limited

LRG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Apr 14, 2016
Hi FastlaneForum, nice to be here. First of all, let me tell you: you guys are simply FANTASTIC.

This is something I know for some time (when I joined the forum 1 year ago). Yesterday I saw this thread where @Vigilante and @AllenCrawley made a very generous move to help our forum member @dmitriyb (omg where is my legal pad??).

I felt the urgent need to write an intro that I planned to do for a while. They say the best moment is now so here comes my first post.

My background

I am a 30 years old freelancer graphic designer from Europe. 2016 was a hard year for me. I fought Hodgin lymphoma for a whole year. I could not work or did anything meaningful.

However, I read THE BOOK The Millionaire Fastlane (Thanks, @MJ DeMarco!) in April 2016. And while suffering from the illness I started planning my future Fastlane life...

Seriously, your book MJ and the forum really gave me strength and perspective. My perception and mindset changed in a very positive way despite my health situation. In June I started to get chemotherapy one week before my 30th birthday. After visiting doctors for more than 50 times, starting the treatment was a blessing. It was a 6 months marathon with new doses in every 2 weeks.

I clearly remember those times, lying in my bed, browsing the forum and daydreaming while being weak as F*ck and suffering from the side effects of chemotherapy. Don't try it at home! :smile2:

The forum clearly gave me strength so thank you all of you. I've learned so much about business opportunities, sales, etc, I can't explain.

Also learned so much from my illness. I perceive it as a positive experience despite all the struggling.
We will all die and death will happen probably sooner than we think it should. Time is our most valuable asset!

The first project

In September my younger brother (I gave him THE BOOK to read) and I decided to run an online store for magicians as he was into magic some years ago. It was basically our first time getting our feet wet in entrepreneurship and testing a need. In those times between treatments, I could work some days every second week. So I decided to learn WordPress and created our site www.rodolfomagic.com with a woocommerce webshop. Some months later we dropped the project but it was a worthwhile experience and I have learned a ton from it. Since then I have created some other sites too. Nowadays learning new skills in web design. Progress thread is coming soon...

Special thanks for @AndyBlack for his incredible insights and @Fox - your web design thread motivated me the most!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Welcome, even if it's overdue.

Glad to see that you are able to get your life and health together. Best wishes in the future!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hi FastlaneForum, nice to be here. First of all, let me tell you: you guys are simply FANTASTIC.

This is something I know for some time (when I joined the forum 1 year ago). Yesterday I saw this thread where @Vigilante and @AllenCrawley made a very generous move to help our forum member @dmitriyb (omg where is my legal pad??).

I felt the urgent need to write an intro that I planned to do for a while. They say the best moment is now so here comes my first post.

My background

I am a 30 years old freelancer graphic designer from Europe. 2016 was a hard year for me. I fought Hodgin lymphoma for a whole year. I could not work or did anything meaningful.

However, I read THE BOOK The Millionaire Fastlane (Thanks, @MJ DeMarco!) in April 2016. And while suffering from the illness I started planning my future Fastlane life...

Seriously, your book MJ and the forum really gave me strength and perspective. My perception and mindset changed in a very positive way despite my health situation. In June I started to get chemotherapy one week before my 30th birthday. After visiting doctors for more than 50 times, starting the treatment was a blessing. It was a 6 months marathon with new doses in every 2 weeks.

I clearly remember those times, lying in my bed, browsing the forum and daydreaming while being weak as F*ck and suffering from the side effects of chemotherapy. Don't try it at home! :smile2:

The forum clearly gave me strength so thank you all of you. I've learned so much about business opportunities, sales, etc, I can't explain.

Also learned so much from my illness. I perceive it as a positive experience despite all the struggling.
We will all die and death will happen probably sooner than we think it should. Time is our most valuable asset!

The first project

In September my younger brother (I gave him THE BOOK to read) and I decided to run an online store for magicians as he was into magic some years ago. It was basically our first time getting our feet wet in entrepreneurship and testing a need. In those times between treatments, I could work some days every second week. So I decided to learn WordPress and created our site www.rodolfomagic.com with a woocommerce webshop. Some months later we dropped the project but it was a worthwhile experience and I have learned a ton from it. Since then I have created some other sites too. Nowadays learning new skills in web design. Progress thread is coming soon...

Special thanks for @AndyBlack for his incredible insights and @Fox - your web design thread motivated me the most!
How are you feeling now?

What's happening on the cancer front?

LRG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Apr 14, 2016
Welcome, even if it's overdue.

Glad to see that you are able to get your life and health together. Best wishes in the future!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Best wishes.

How are you feeling now?

What's happening on the cancer front?

Thanks for your question! I'm feeling good like nothing happened. Of course, the experience was for me the most brutal ever. I think I was lucky cause the treatment was successful. Nowadays enjoying life. Got a second chance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gatorgus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 17, 2017
Golden, Colorado
Congrats on your success against cancer thus far! I don't have that experience but I'm guessing that after battling the big C a lot of other things seem easy in comparison. Good luck to you!

LRG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Apr 14, 2016
Congrats on your success against cancer thus far! I don't have that experience but I'm guessing that after battling the big C a lot of other things seem easy in comparison. Good luck to you!
Thank you! You are right, this experience really puts things in perspective.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...