The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your thought on Summer jobs?

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Good idea.

You have to turn up somewhere on time. You have to work in a team. You have to communicate clearly with team and customers and you can flirt a little with customers and have fun.

There will be quiet times when you may be bored and there will be super busy times where you will be rushed off of your feet - teamwork. How will you handle these ups and downs?

You will learn what you like about a manager and what you don't like about a manager and file it for the future as to how you would do things.

You will see how a business works and where you and others fit into the business.

One day who knows, you might own bars and restaurants or be in the Drinks Industry if it takes your fancy.

May successful people are in industries they got into from part time jobs when they were younger.

There aren't really many downsides to having a part time job whilst studying.

Are you sure you are Italian though? Weren't you born with a mobile phone glued to your ear whilst chatting up the midwife who delivered you?

Dan

Marco Aurelio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 4, 2020
Italy
Hi guys. I'm 20 years old and currently in the first year of college.

In the last few days, I realized that my biggest problem is my lack of confidence and social skills. This blocks me from doing a lot of things and I feel like this is making me lose many opportunities in every aspect of my life. I realized that most of my defeats in life are related to that problem.

Everyone says that communication is a skill that can be learned and the only way to do it is to practice it.
So I imagined that I should force myself to interact with many people and maybe a job in close contact with customers would help me. I was thinking about working one month this Summer as a bartender or a waiter in a tourist place here in Italy.

Of course, it would be just a temporary job and I wouldn't do it for money.

Do you think it is a good idea or do you have other suggestions to improve my social skills?
Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Any job or experience, in general, could be beneficial. I wish I hadn't disregarded jobs earlier on because jobs pay you to learn. View a job that way, and it's a win-win. Each job has unique pros and cons. Bartending and waiting will absolutely put you in a position to improve your social skills, e.g., communication. Please do it!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
With how many bartenders have you talked about their job?!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

Step 1: Get the book "Charisma on Command".
Step 2: Read it.
Step 3: Follow the instructions of the book.
Step 4: There is no step 4.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.