The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YOUR personal instagram account

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
Hi,

Just wondering do any fastlaners have or use instagram as their personal account. We all know for businesses and so on, but what about your self?

Lol I saw MJ's instagram, just 3 quotes, looks like he doesn't use it.

Being authentic and using it yourself of course has many advantages. You can always use it to promote your bizzes from time to time, networking with others etc.

An entrepreneur who used for personal, how he grew it: https://www.quicksprout.com/2014/10/22/what-spending-57000-on-instagram-taught-me/

Also for anyone starting to make an account for themselves.. Should they use it while they grind (before fastlane) or wait until (after fastlane). For both they would need to manage time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Are you in the age of 15-25?
Then you most likely have a personal Instagram account :p

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hi,

Just wondering do any fastlaners have or use instagram as their personal account. We all know for businesses and so on, but what about your self?

Lol I saw MJ's instagram, just 3 quotes, looks like he doesn't use it.

Being authentic and using it yourself of course has many advantages. You can always use it to promote your bizzes from time to time, networking with others etc.

An entrepreneur who used for personal, how he grew it: https://www.quicksprout.com/2014/10/22/what-spending-57000-on-instagram-taught-me/

Also for anyone starting to make an account for themselves.. Should they use it while they grind (before fastlane) or wait until (after fastlane). For both they would need to manage time.

You have to have a business worth promoting. The answer to your question is "nobody gives a F*ck." You have to cast value into the world and then all of the pieces like this fall into place.

Your question is similar to "should I start a business and then print my business cards… Or print my business cards before I start my business."

The third answer. Skip the business cards until you have a business worthwhile. By then, you will have realized that your original question is irrelevant.

G

GuestUserX09

Yeah, I think business sort of announces itself when you make enough of a splash through value.

I've tried doing it the other way around and it's a absolute pain. Like running in quick sand.

I use a personal Instagram, but there's no use promoting it until people are interested enough to begin finding it on their own.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
I use it, but to me, it's a perception thing. I sell digital marketing services - not on the channels, but I assume that people interested in using my services check to know if I know my shit.

I remember a social media "guru" quoting a client a few years ago. Her accounts were woeful - not confidence inspiring at all and she didn't get the job (even if she was a self-proclaimed guru).

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I'm busy writing. And living life. When my next book hits the street, I'll probably drop in.
Do you ever think about doing book tours? It'd be great to meet you in person. It was pretty cool meeting Daymond John at his book signing, I'd definitely go to yours.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Recently I just followed all the big name entreprenuers I know (MJ, Tai Lope, Gary, V).

Shortly later I got quite a few motivational pages & other entreprenuers requesting to follow me & i follow them back

Prob gonna unfollow them all soon b/c their posts are all of the "make thousands a day working from home!" and other motivational type bs

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.