The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your favorite watches

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
It's time to show off/dream/reminisce:smxB:

I have seen some nice watches as avatars here (hi, Lighthouse:thumbsup:) and Im sure some people here know a lot more about watches and could share some pictures of the gems out there.

Also, for fastlane purposes: rent your personal luxury watch (that'd be a nice business to own) https://www.stealthetime.com

I just came across this one..

2384723929_53bef1c8db.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I recieved the Movado Series 800 from my lovely wife as a wedding gift last month, and absolutely love it. A very fine Swiss watch, and high above the "beginner" model I had before:

http://www.movado.com/Details.aspx?Id=collectionseries 800&watchType=collection&watchCode=series 800&watchId=2600058&page=2

But my dream watch has always been the Rolex Daytona...

http://www.rolex.com/en/index.jsp#/en/collection/oyster-perpetual/cosmograph-daytona/steel/M116520-0012/

There simply IS no substitute for ROLEX!

- Hakrjak

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
Im not sure whether Rolex still uses that slogan "It takes a year to build a Rolex" - great positioning there.

The Movado looks really nice! How big is it though? I have kind of small wrists and most of the big, clunky timepieces look just ridiculous on me (not that I could buy one, but..).

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I used to wear a watch every day, but I can't anymore they would get destroyed.

One of these days when I'm old enough to get away with wearing it I'll probably get a Rolex Yacht Master.

I'm kind of tempted to pick up a Tag Heuer, but I can't bring myself to spend the $1,200.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I work on watches everyday.

I used to as well :)

I have quite a few watches but for this threads sake ill just post a higer res version of the one that is beyond affordable for me at this point in my life.

home_image.723141.jpg

Alinghi-8.jpg

fiance got this for me for my recent b-day, close enough for me!

98b104-2.jpg

yhst-13370724104249_2060_9594791

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I used to as well :)

Were you a jeweler? I'm a apprentice still, been doing it for a yr.

Heres the ones I want in my collection someday.

:rofl:

Luxury Watches: 10 Of The World's Most Expensive Watches

3 – $4 million – Patek Philippe’s Platinum World Time

platinum-world-time.jpg
A $4 million auction bid made Patek Philippe’s Platinum World Time the most expensive watch in 2002. The self-winding watch displays each of the 24 time zones and is known for its readability, user friendliness and having separate and switchable night and day tones. [pic via]

7 – $1 million – Hublot Black Caviar Bang

hublot-black-caviar.jpg
Made from an 18-karat white-gold case packed with 322 diamonds, the Hublot Black Caviar is the most unassuming timepiece on our list. Still, diamonds are packed onto every spare square of space, including 179 crammed onto the bezel and 30 encrusted on the clasp. [pic via]​

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Im not sure whether Rolex still uses that slogan "It takes a year to build a Rolex" - great positioning there.

The Movado looks really nice! How big is it though? I have kind of small wrists and most of the big, clunky timepieces look just ridiculous on me (not that I could buy one, but..).

The Movado Series 800 is a big watch. I like big heavy time pieces with a lot of gold and weight to them, so you know you are sporting an expensive watch ;)

Never say never. ;) I don't know your situation, but once you get rolling, a couple of $K is not a lot to throw down on a nice watch. I figure it's a business investment ;) -- Your watch and your shoes are the first thing people are going to look at when you walk into a room to "qualify" you at times.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
What I am going to buy when I reach my first million--

IMG_2167.jpg

And my personal favorite- "One of the finest time pieces known to man"

image.axd

(Yes those are all diamonds.)

Your watch and your shoes are the first thing people are going to look at when you walk into a room to "qualify" you at times.

Amen

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Seems like a lot of jewlery in these threads and not much watches. Funny when the point is brought up about watches being noticed. I look at everyones watch, whenever i see lots of diamonds it makes me think twice.

Shows someone likes the flashy and exuberant. Diamonds around the bezel is probably about normal these days but diamonds all over the damn thing sems like someone that just wants to show off and have people notice them.

Its always weird seeing an AP with diamonds in it too.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Shows someone likes the flashy and exuberant. Diamonds around the bezel is probably about normal these days but diamonds all over the damn thing sems like someone that just wants to show off and have people notice them.

Agreed. I am not that type of person that loves to show off and degrade others. Being a watch enthusiast I just admire the art of that AP. The Datejust with the diamond bezel is enough for me. Too many diamonds = Too much unwanted attention.

Look at the Pateks, many of them have a simple, original design but can go for $30,000 plus. They are masterpieces not only because of the outside but of the inside.

PatekPhilippeCalatrava.jpg

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
This is what Im wearing right now. Nothing flashy but works perfectly with my skin tone and small wrists.

@Hakrjak
I guess youre right: at some point, a nice watch is def a good long term investment. For the moment I prefer assets that actually produce cash. But in some years..

image.php

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
(Yes those are all diamonds.)

When I see that much ice on someone's wrist, I usually figure it was picked up at one of those mall kiosks.

Being from Montana and also a watch lover, I really like the Bozeman Watch Company....they've got some great looking automatic pieces.

http://news.watchprosite.com/img/watchprosite/news/11/raw/news_image.1012011.jpg

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
wow...

those are some seriously expensive toys!

me I dont even own a watch lol... prolly never will. telling time is what my cell phone clock was made for!

I cant ever imagine having that much money that I would EVER consider spending 220grand on a watch. a house maybe, watch-car no way...

I had no idea they even made watches that expensive. thats up there with the multimillion dollar diamond bras that noone needs ever lol.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
I wore a steel Swatch that I bought in Rome about 8 years ago because the room I stayed in didn't have a clock in it.... (when I voiced concern about not having a clock in the room, the very hospitable hotel told me in the most exquisite broken English that "I am rrrriiiight, there is noooo clock in da rooooom." and I couldn't help but laugh and buy myself a $50 watch which I continued to wear without fail for several years.

Now my wife's family bought me a Tag Formula 1 when we married about 5 years ago, which I still wear.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
analog watches or crazy electronic japanese watches.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Looking for a new watch for me and for gifts for several associates. Resurrecting an old thread since it interestingly is the only one that came up on search?!?!

Any updated ideas/thoughts/experiences?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Looking for a new watch for me and for gifts for several associates. Resurrecting an old thread since it interestingly is the only one that came up on search?!?!

Any updated ideas/thoughts/experiences?
Come-on Z, a bump from 2009 and all we get is "I'd like to buy a car, what's your experiences with cars?"

[emoji56]

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
well done, sir!...... i deserved it .......

had a few minutes before a 6th grade basketball game ..... did a quick search ........ this was the only thread that came up....... i did a half a$$ post.... I'll try better .......

----------------------------------
I am completely overwhelmed with the choice of watches available. I have a citizen eco drive titanium sapphire e111 that I would like to replace.

I am looking in the $1k to $2k range (maybe even $3k) for a metal band, eco drive type, date display watch.

Do any of the esteemed forum members such as The Great @LightHouse have any suggestions or could point me in the direction of watches they may have had / seen / liked that might match the criteria listed above to help me shortcut my search so I can spend more time writing better posts?

I would gladly be willing to help heckle @LightHouse across multiple threads in return for such information. PM me if needed.

(I also need to put my purple bed thoughts on that other thread......) ...... so off to get a technical foul while coaching......

Love,
@ZCP

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
I dont have a favorite, but I always had my eye on a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak.
Last year someone close to me got me one as a gift when I really started making moves with my business

oZUgPzi.jpg

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
That's a good looking watch. How's the weight?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Looked up the AudemarsPiguet Royal Oak ..... found similar for $50k.

That's a good 'someone close to me'!

Does it feel like $50k on the arm? Has it helped you close some deals (business or personal)?

Guess it is kind of like cars..... personal taste and money vs value. Problem is there are 30000 watch brands no one has ever heard of.......

I'll report back what I find so maybe I give some value back.....

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
There is no possible way to down vote that enough.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
well done, sir!...... i deserved it .......

had a few minutes before a 6th grade basketball game ..... did a quick search ........ this was the only thread that came up....... i did a half a$$ post.... I'll try better .......

----------------------------------
I am completely overwhelmed with the choice of watches available. I have a citizen eco drive titanium sapphire e111 that I would like to replace.

I am looking in the $1k to $2k range (maybe even $3k) for a metal band, eco drive type, date display watch.

Do any of the esteemed forum members such as The Great @LightHouse have any suggestions or could point me in the direction of watches they may have had / seen / liked that might match the criteria listed above to help me shortcut my search so I can spend more time writing better posts?

I would gladly be willing to help heckle @LightHouse across multiple threads in return for such information. PM me if needed.

(I also need to put my purple bed thoughts on that other thread......) ...... so off to get a technical foul while coaching......

Love,
@ZCP

Now we are talking. So in the 1-2k range there are a lot of good options. I mean lets be serious, unless you are getting an automatic/manual wind watch, that majority are all going to work the exact same because they have the same ETA quartz movements in them. (translation: the battery powered guts are made from the same company) with the exception of citizens eco drive and seikos solar whateverthefuck.

Likely in that price range you will want to get a swiss made watch. Most all of them will have medical grade steel, titanium, etc. So it comes down to looks, size, and feel.

Your citizen looks like your average daily wear watch, right? So do you want to wear that every day and get something for nicer events? do you want a new daily watch?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I wear my favorite watch.

I keep listing after the Blue Angels edition Citizen.

I should just go out and buy the damn thing...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I keep listing after the Blue Angels edition Citizen.

I should just go out and buy the damn thing...

I'm a fan! Cool watch.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.