The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your Body. Fastlane Approach.

Anything related to matters of the mind

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
@IrishSpring600 gave me an idea, which we will now execute right there, if you want to participate - read further.
A lot of naked bodies will be posted, be aware.

So, as some of us know, our body is a serious instrument in achieving our goals, not just appearance and impact-wise, for others who we meet and build relationships with, it's mainly our own motivation.
Building our own body is an additional source of good feelings and strenght that keeps us going to our main destination. Many of us have goals other than just looking good, so I think we should tailor it in a special way. Not just results should be seen each week, it should fit already formed lifestyle, and improve it.
Eating should be comfortable. Workouts should be quick, but enough.
Information should be compact, easy to understand, and comfortable to follow.

We collaborate with:
- Competing athlete, fitness model - David Lurs.
cJcg8BFldqo.jpg
HilKfOpuqtg.jpg

- Medicine Academy graduate, competing athlete and personal trainer, David Gonsales.
r3eDIpW1Cy0.jpg
8CNHLXiuIH4.jpg

- Personal trainer Kirill Goryunov
wFYhKPzPV2Y.jpg

Also, my family runs healthcare business, we have best, and one of the best doctors in city, nutritionists, sport-oriented physiotherapists, our own supplement-research laboratory, and diagnosis center. So we allow no guesswork.

What you will see in this thread within the next week:
- No bullshit of any kind.
- Overlooked and non-common diet and training fundamentals tailored to our Fastlane lifestyle.
- Multiple training routines for absolute beginners, newbies, and those who already have serious results.
- Non-common sense knowledge about human body, mind and hormones.
- Small, but really clever tips on lifestyle.
- No bullshit of any kind.

Me personally - I'm diagnosed with Ebstein Anomaly, haven't had surgery, and being able to train with no harm to my health. And overall I live my life to its fullest.
Here's my little results:
0iOYGTTcNHQ.jpg
xOteO51-bPQ.jpg

We will make it a service, but first we will create a specialized knowledgebase, which will be exclusive to fastlaners here, and will cost you just your kind words and feedback if you find this knowledgebase helpful.

No negativity allowed, or anything that will not help you achieve your results. Respect is everything.
No steroid-talk in this thread, we will cover this topic in one of our posts the way it shoud be, and that's gonna be it.

You can leave here your wishes, suggestions and personal input. We'll use it to benefit you.
You can also ask any questions which will be compiled and answered by whom you address them to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Damn you have more skinscare products sitting there than my ex.
Most of them are not mine:) We have damn bad ecology, skincare is like top 5 problem here, due to polluted air and really bad water.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Awesome @devine - can't wait to see how this progresses. Sport and fitness is something I'm deeply passionate about, not only physically, but also mentally. My career started in sports therapy and sports psychology so anything on the subject gets me seriously pumped... and honestly my workout and lifestyle could do with a shake up. Will be following closely.

How much impact, if any does Ebstein Anomaly have on you and the way you build your workout and lifestyle plans?

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
look forward to it

following

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
You can leave here your wishes, suggestions and personal input. We'll use it to benefit you.
You can also ask any questions which will be compiled and answered by whom you address them to.

@devine,

I'm as hetero as they come but I have to give respect where it is due...beautiful physiques, my man! I am very interested in this thread because my present aesthetic leaves much to be desired.

I stand 5'8 and weigh 225 pounds. My body fat is north of 20%.

I used to work out so intensely - and loved it - that at one point I had a resting heart rate of 110/60. The doctor joked about me being a cadaver! I had an active lifestyle. Gold's Gym membership. Wind sprints at the beach. Muay Thai. Hikes in the Santa Monica Mountains. Life was good!

I used to run these stairs at Drake Stadium, UCLA - 82 steps in 13-15 rows - from beginning to end and back to the beginning in 11-13 minutes!
http://www.uclabruins.com/fls/30500/old_site/images/facilities/track-drake1-lg.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=30500

I was in incredible shape. But that was 15 years ago.

But I hit some life speed bumps and allowed myself to become the undisciplined slug I am today. I wanted to give you some context to my request.

I'd love to see ideas/articles/posts about jump starting a training program after having such a long layoff. I joined a local gym a few months ago but stopped after 8 sessions because my core is so weak that lumbar compression in my lower back area made the workouts extremely painful.

I'm signing up for power yoga. From what I've seen it looks like an excellent way of burning fat/strengthening the core while taking it easy on the lower back.

Sorry for the post length! Thanks for starting this thread and looking forward to the progress everyone makes.:)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Anything that we do to stay fit is good. At 57, I run 40-50 miles a week. I try to keep up with the strength training but don't really bodybuild.

I can still keep up with the youths in softball. Physical activity keeps us feeling young.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
My one tip when weight training

.....do not start counting reps until it hurts/burns.

When you really start feeling the burn...that is rep 1...all the reps before that don't count for shit...maybe just as a warmup.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Watching this thread, could be a GOLD one!

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
The way I have always looked at it is your body is the first impression of your brand. The self control and dedictation required to eat healthy and increase muscle mass is similar to the dedication required to build and maintain a successful company.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
the point of this thread is to inform people right?

My #1 goal in life is to be in my best physical shape that I can be
Without AAS in the beginning as I would like to hit my genetic potential first

I am only 18 and much stronger than all my others peers EVEN the ones who I know take steroids so I still have some time before i consider AAS use

Will continue to look back at this thread, hopefully I can learn something new

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
As someone who has tried many different things: full body, HIT, high volume-high frequency, calisthenics, IF/keto/low deficit-high deficit, 6 meals, 4 meals, 2 meals, HIIT cardio, MISS cardio and LISS cardio.

I can say above everything only ONE thing matters:

Adherence

IF you can adhere to diet, training, cardio style XYZ and it ties into your goals (even if just 80-90%) do THAT because steady gains (Slight Edge, Compound Effect)>>>>>>>>Everything.

You can mentally masturbate whether or not something will give you 3-5% better gains....hell maybe even in your mind you think it'll give you 10% better gains and it even MAY do that....but 10% better gains IF:
It leads to an injury
It leads to a lack of adherence
=
WORTHLESS, why?

What good is even 10% better monthly gains IF it comes at the cost of falling off, IF it comes at the cost of time off due to injury and IF it comes at the cost of having to deal with these two in some capacity giving you mental discouragement for pursuing this activity?

Track your calories, eat according to your needs/preferances
Track your lifts, lift according to your needs/preferences
Do your favorite type of cardio on a regular basis
Get good sleep, take a multi
Rinse-repeat for years on end

You're G2G

Adjust and pivot as needed, but remember:

Adherenece=KING

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
I've see the same people in the gym 5 days a week hitting proper form and good weight lifting routines..

....same people .....year after year and they look EXACTLY the same, ....no major improvements to body composition...

.....they look the same...yet they putting in hard work, day after day, week after week, month after month....

And why on change???

DIET....poor diet.

No clean diet, no change.

Diet is king. Diet and consistency.

You can work out hard steady but if you go home and slam down a double cheese burger and a diet pop...that's All she wrote.

brewster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 25, 2014
Austin, TX
I've see the same people in the gym 5 days a week hitting proper form and good weight lifting routines..

....same people .....year after year and they look EXACTLY the same, ....no major improvements to body composition...

.....they look the same...yet they putting in hard work, day after day, week after week, month after month....

And why on change???

DIET....poor diet.

No clean diet, no change.

Diet is king. Diet and consistency.

You can work out hard steady but if you go home and slam down a double cheese burger and a diet pop...that's All she wrote.

While I don't disagree that diet is important... I have to ask: Are they consistently increasing the weight they put on the bar?

That's a big part of increasing strength and size: steadily lifting more weight.

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
/\ Progressive overload is king, yes you'll look fat if you eat too much or won't put on optimal amounts of mass if you're eating too little, but you will make gains.

You can't out train a bad diet in actually reaching most people's goals, but you will get FAR closer than those that DON'T progressively overload but track everything down to the microest of micronutrients.

TeflonDon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Jan 9, 2013
England
My one tip when weight training

.....do not start counting reps until it hurts/burns.

When you really start feeling the burn...that is rep 1...all the reps before that don't count for shit...maybe just as a warmup.

I have to say I don't really agree with this. The number of reps should depend on what your goal is for your training. If you're building muscular endurance specifically it could be helpful, but outside of that I don't really see the point to this way of thinking. Decide your sets + reps beforehand based on what outcome you want from your training program, then take it from there with adjustments if the workload was too easy/hard. Often people aren't honest enough with themselves about the effort they're putting in, for example if you're training for max strength your first rep should be very difficult to move, lifting a weight where you only begin to struggle at rep 4-5 is very sub-optimal for max strength gains and will result in very slow growth.

One tip I have for everybody though: Decide on your goals, set your workout plans around that aim, and stick to it! Trying to improve everything at once will only slow your overall progress. Of course, consistency is king, you will probably never notice a day to day difference, maybe not even a week to week depending on your goals, but look back after a year of consistency and you will have made guaranteed progress. The grind applies to all areas of life!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So its been more than a week. Anything else coming other than big declarations and topless pics?

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

8eSoPGY.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted21961

@devine A little question: aren't you neglecting "boring" bodyparts? Because this picture of you, your arm is seriously not in proportion with the rest of your body.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Anything that we do to stay fit is good.
AGREE !

I want to add...at whatever age you guys/gals are...GET YOUR YEARLY PHYSICAL ! Full blood work. Not just the turn your head left and cough crap. Especially if you haven't exercised in a long time and are getting back into it.

I say that because I've always been healthy and fit and the last physical I had...well...it revealed a problem. Thing is...I have no symptoms. THAT'S why you get your physical.

That is all....bring on the good stuff ! Great thread so far !

G

GuestUser140

AGREE !

I want to add...at whatever age you guys/gals are...GET YOUR YEARLY PHYSICAL ! Full blood work. Not just the turn your head left and cough crap. Especially if you haven't exercised in a long time and are getting back into it.

I say that because I've always been healthy and fit and the last physical I had...well...it revealed a problem. Thing is...I have no symptoms. THAT'S why you get your physical.

That is all....bring on the good stuff ! Great thread so far !
Do you only get blood work done for a full medical test? No scans or anything? Just wondering.

Never done this but planning to.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Had my first race this long week end ..5k in 35 mn, not really happy with it... Next month, same race, the plan is to do it under 30 mn.

Action plan : running 4 times a week + weight training twice a week . Any advice ?

TeflonDon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Jan 9, 2013
England
Had my first race this long week end ..5k in 35 mn, not really happy with it... Next month, same race, the plan is to do it under 30 mn.

Action plan : running 4 times a week + weight training twice a week . Any advice ?

Sounds pretty good to me, I'm assuming you do a little exercise already being as you race, so over-training shouldn't be a concern. Since your goal is to reduce time over 5km, you should time your runs to try and beat that pace in training. You know you can do 5km/35mins, so a good target would be to beat that pace (7mins per km) over a distance of 6-8km.

Weight training I'm going to assume high reps/low intensity? Not sure what the optimal approach is for running as I'm not a runner per se, though strength + explosive power work is useful for sprints, not for long distances. Low weight reps done until burnout would improve local muscular endurance. Running several times a week can be hard on the joints too, if you're doing muscular endurance work with the weights it is possible to swap out a run or two for other forms of cardio, since you're already targetting muscular endurance with the weights so can give your legs a rest from that whilst working the cardiovascular system with any other exercise of similar intensity

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.