The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Your best strategies for promoting a book

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

MaxT

New Contributor
Oct 22, 2020
Hello,
I published a book three years ago, it is rather appreciated by the public and sells itself even if I do not advertise it.
I would like to generate more income each month, and therefore increase my sales. Currently, I have already tried to promote by responding to tweets related to the theme, or on specialized facebook groups, by creating backlinks on other site. I tested Facebook Ads and Google Ads and had very few conclusive results to continue.
I would like to know if you know of other techniques that I can perform daily to promote my work more?
I specify that it is already available in French and English.
Thank you for your precious help, have a nice day everyone.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cameraman

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Hello,
I published a book three years ago, it is rather appreciated by the public and sells itself even if I do not advertise it.
I would like to generate more income each month, and therefore increase my sales. Currently, I have already tried to promote by responding to tweets related to the theme, or on specialized facebook groups, by creating backlinks on other site. I tested Facebook Ads and Google Ads and had very few conclusive results to continue.
I would like to know if you know of other techniques that I can perform daily to promote my work more?
How to promote your book will depend on where and how you are selling it.

If you are only selling through your own website you will need to generate additional traffic to your site. Perhaps try selling on some of the book retailers for additional visibility. The likes of Amazon will literally generate customers for you but you will need more than one book to make that work well.

Do you have another book or perhaps a shorter book you can sell cheaply on Amazon to gain visibility?

I sell through my own website, Amazon, Google Books, Apple Books, Barnes & Noble. Approximately 60% of my sales come through Amazon and I have a lot of people tell me that they then buy directly from me.

Also if you are selling through your own site have you optimised the sales/conversion process? A small improvement there could increase your sales with your existing traffic.

As I say, it depends where and how you are selling your book.

robertwills

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 9, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Hello,
How many books have you sold so far and for how much?

Have you looked into Amazon and other online platforms?

SEOguy

Marketing Wizard
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Try IG ads, Twitter ads, giveaways, book deal sites, etc. In other words, there's 127 other strategies you haven't experimented with yet - so no one can really tell you what will work for your specific book until you try them all.

MaxT

New Contributor
Oct 22, 2020
Thanks a lot for your answers !
To answer you, my book is published by Amazon Kdp and sold only on this platform, and it is true that selling it by myself could be interesting I will think about it.
In terms of sales, I have passed 1000 in three years.
The idea of following and / where free sample is indeed very interesting too! I note :)
It is true that I have not tried these last strategies, thank you for presenting them to me SEOGuy.
Thank you all for your help and your leads, it will help me a lot! :)

Cameraman

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Thanks a lot for your answers !
To answer you, my book is published by Amazon Kdp and sold only on this platform, and it is true that selling it by myself could be interesting I will think about it.
In terms of sales, I have passed 1000 in three years.
The idea of following and / where free sample is indeed very interesting too! I note :)
It is true that I have not tried these last strategies, thank you for presenting them to me SEOGuy.
Thank you all for your help and your leads, it will help me a lot! :)
Now that I know you are selling on Amazon I would also suggest using Amazon Ads. They can make a big difference to your level of sales.

Andy Black

Pick a direction. Get started. Keep going.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Publish sections or all of it for free online?

I bet this online book got shared loads:
I’ve not read it even though it’s free online. I’d buy it as a paperback if one existed - because of all the feedback the free online version got in this forum.

My podcast host has published a book. I suggested he put it online for free, formatted like the book above. He loves that idea.

What about turning some of the content into YouTube videos, podcasts, blog articles on your website, Medium, LinkedIn, etc?

MaxT

New Contributor
Oct 22, 2020
It is true that it is a superb idea, I like it a lot! I went to see JotForm, it's amazing all the content that is offered for free, it's crazy. Thank you very much for sharing and ideas !! :D

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom