The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young, Hungry and Frustrated.

MikeCheckYaSelf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 2, 2019
Hello Fastlane Forum,

I graduated top of my class in Grad School last year in the field of Computer Engineering with a thesis in Blockchain Security. Money hungry and determined I joined a Blockchain Startup because that's where all the money was w.r.t Tech in 2018. The first few months we're great, I was the lead engineer in building our product and grew our development team from just myself to a team of four with a professional product released after just a few months but, I was uneasy. The vision of the company gradually changed over the course of the months that I was working there and became something that I no longer wanted to be a part of.

Shortly after leaving the startup, I started my job search... Several options everywhere with a high demand for my education and field of expertise. The salaries were equivalent to two years tuition of my school but, to me I felt as if I would be trapped and taken advantage of. The idea of receiving 100k for my work which would generate revenues in the millions for these companies made me sick to my stomach.

I went out on my own. I began building a mobile application in a niche market with a novel application and let me tell you... I had a rude awakening. Building the application itself isn't the hard part for me, it's turning my application into a successful business. I'm having trouble managing my focus between the app, the hardware associated with it, business legal stuff, intellectual property, building a network in the market where I hope to launch in and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Six months have passed, I surpassed two deadlines which I've placed for myself and feel extremely frustrated. Working on my own is difficult and outsourcing work is too costly for me. I know I will figure out a healthy balance eventually and would love to hear advice from others whom have gone through similar situations.

I was recommended this Forum by a friend from college who is also an aspiring entrepreneur. I will be scanning the forums, looking for answers and providing my guidance where I can. I am truly looking forward to being a member of this community. Well I digress, It's time for me to get back to work.

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...