The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You think people would be into youtube videos of me riding around NYC during corona lol

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Brah, im not sure what exactly you think im gonna do lol
i rode by the hospital the other day i didn't see any people or patients or anything like that, just some tents and stuff.

im not trying to break into anywhere, im just riding on the public NYC streets on my bike, what's wrong with that?

Do it. If you're doing it to get to work then ignore the haters. No harm. Just extra perspective to what's going on.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yes, people will watch. Just don't make the viewer dizzy. Not sure where the camera will be mounted but just make it a steady ride. You might only have 5 views the 1st month but continue to make the videos and people will watch if they are good quality. I'm not sure about putting too much time in by the hospital. People that aren't from that area like to see things that normally are not on the internet. Take them through the neighborhood(s) if any. Down streets that normally aren't filmed. Make it different. Let us know what the channel is.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I say do it and post links here. This is a perfect opportunity to narrate New York while it's empty of all the tourists. New York hasn't been this empty since the city was founded. What's happening now won't be forgotten for a long time might as well document it. Get a good close up of banners and notices of closed buildings. Go inside the busiest subways and record the calmness. Go to hospitals and morgues and record the bodies been hauled off but be respectful about it. Also film the Navy Hospital that's anchored there. Go to time square and record the billboards also the red light on top of the empire state building.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I got a new bike to avoid the subway to go to work,
was riding all over brooklyn and parts of queens and had a lot of fun and exercise.

Was thinking if there's a way to potentially monetize this activity,

NYC is the U.S. center of the epidemic, maybe lots of people would be curious to see how the streets and life in NYC is during the crisis right now,
i could ride by the hospitals and stuff and show the tents outside and things like that.

What do you guys think?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Just spent 10 bucks on a head harness
Spent 35 bucks on GoPro 3.
let see what happen.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Just stay out of Area ???? ha ha! Usually if you're one of those Urban Explorers you're going in the places where no one else can get. Although, we shall see how many of them get into trouble during this time.

lol no ima just ride the bike on the streets, by the hospital and stuff like that, nothing crazy.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hope you won’t hurt. There’s no place for hurt bikers in hospitals.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
What a very ignorant, immature, and inconsiderate thing to do. I don't think people are going to give a shit.

You may end up just getting your new toys taken away and face some punishment depending on who you piss off.

Brah, im not sure what exactly you think im gonna do lol
i rode by the hospital the other day i didn't see any people or patients or anything like that, just some tents and stuff.

im not trying to break into anywhere, im just riding on the public NYC streets on my bike, what's wrong with that?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Just become and Urban Explorer. They rock! I watch them all the time. I'd love doing it. Although, get permission before doing anything to risky. I thought you'd have a video already!
waiting for the equipment to arrive lol

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I’d be interested to see you ride by some hospitals. I’ve see some videos of Elmhurst and Brooklyn Hospital Center totally empty. No one in the ER whatsoever and all those tents for testing completely empty as well, as in void of people AND equipment.
when i passed by maimonides on my bike i didn't see a soul.
will pass by again once GoPro arrives.

ok u guys convince me to make at least 1 video, i was feeling a bit apprehensive but now im like fuk it lets do it.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Im an idiot guys...

So i order camera and head strap and that took some time to arrive.
when it comes i realize the strap didn't come with the frame and bolt,
so i order that and wait some more days.
when that comes i remembered i need memory card so i ordered that.
when that arrived i realized my battery would only last 1.5 hours at most, so i need more batteries.
so i ordered 4 of those and waited some more.

by the time i got all the equipment its already May lol... kinda of the corona fears are already gone mostly.
I think ill just do 1 long video of me riding around brooklyn, visiting Maimonedes hospital and coney island hospital, as well as coney island beach, and make a nice little map of my route and timestamps in the youtube description of all the streets im at or something.

I hope wave 2 of corona doesn't happen, but if it does, ill be prepared this time.

And by the time you bought all of that and waited ......................................................................................... you could have just ordered it from Amazon, got it within a couple of days and already had 10 videos up. Oh well, we all do stuff like that. People will still be interested in videos of New York. Do some walking tours, bike riding and if you have a car, some dashcam tours. Do some morning/ mid-day / evening/ night..... they are all different and every street is different. You could make a new video every day and it would never be the same.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I see. I think after everything gets opened and my household gets back to normal I'm going to turn on this camera that I bought and put it to use. My goal is to guide the 2 channels together but separate. I have no problem talking about the other channel in case someone from channel 1 wants to go to channel 2 and see if it interests them. I've seen a few people do it very well.

I figure if someone has a channel about medicine and then makes a channel about cooking, they could run them together but gaming and traveling around the city..... not really on the same wave to me..... but that's just me. Don't let me turn the tide, I'm just thinking outloud :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Just become and Urban Explorer. They rock! I watch them all the time. I'd love doing it. Although, get permission before doing anything to risky. I thought you'd have a video already!

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I’d be interested to see you ride by some hospitals. I’ve see some videos of Elmhurst and Brooklyn Hospital Center totally empty. No one in the ER whatsoever and all those tents for testing completely empty as well, as in void of people AND equipment.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Do it. I like the idea. It's different and I'm sure New York looks completely different than normal so it will show a good perspective of the city.

Plus more people spending time on YouTube due to quarantine and being stuck in the house so you never know.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
You could market it as unintentional ASMR
i doubt it cause too windy and bike, car sounds and stuff.
Whatever we'll see how it looks, its all just for fun anyway.

Where did you order your camera from? No joke, I ordered the Rexing dashcam at 3:09pm Wednesday and it arrived right at 25 hours later (Amazon).
ordered of ebay, got the gopro hero 3 for like 30 bucks. it just arrive, but now waiting for the head harness that i got for like 10 bucks lol
also gotta buy an SD card but thats no biggie, walgreens is right here.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
why don't just do it and SEE for yourself?

and you're not going to monetize for a long time, there's no quick money in making youtube videos unless you go viral quickly and build up a big audience quickly

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
DLB,
Why not put it on your gaming channel and also make another channel and put it on there. See what results you get. If you put good SEO on it, you might luck out with just 1 video.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I don't know much about Youtube but my question is, why are you wary about making 2 channels?
Youtubers used to that all the time around 2 years ago. But they figured out that focusing on one channel is better. There second channel hardly got any views and subscribers.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I see. I think after everything gets opened and my household gets back to normal I'm going to turn on this camera that I bought and put it to use. My goal is to guide the 2 channels together but separate. I have no problem talking about the other channel in case someone from channel 1 wants to go to channel 2 and see if it interests them. I've seen a few people do it very well.

I figure if someone has a channel about medicine and then makes a channel about cooking, they could run them together but gaming and traveling around the city..... not really on the same wave to me..... but that's just me. Don't let me turn the tide, I'm just thinking outloud :)

im just too lazy to manage 2 channels lol
i still have my apps to wry about too.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Just spent 10 bucks on a head harness
Spent 35 bucks on GoPro 3.
let see what happen.
Just stay out of Area ???? ha ha! Usually if you're one of those Urban Explorers you're going in the places where no one else can get. Although, we shall see how many of them get into trouble during this time.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I got a new bike to avoid the subway to go to work,
was riding all over brooklyn and parts of queens and had a lot of fun and exercise.

Was thinking if there's a way to potentially monetize this activity,

NYC is the U.S. center of the epidemic, maybe lots of people would be curious to see how the streets and life in NYC is during the crisis right now,
i could ride by the hospitals and stuff and show the tents outside and things like that.

What do you guys think?
What a very ignorant, immature, and inconsiderate thing to do. I don't think people are going to give a shit.

You may end up just getting your new toys taken away and face some punishment depending on who you piss off.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Where did you order your camera from? No joke, I ordered the Rexing dashcam at 3:09pm Wednesday and it arrived right at 25 hours later (Amazon).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.